Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sacrifice with Holy shield or celestial armour

Can i please get more clarification on sacrficing allies?

The targeting system allows a player to place preventitive measures on allies to prevent death if the death occurs at the end of the turn.
    I.e placing a holy shield on a twilight opportunist that has used her ability.
    However, when the sacrifice is immediate, the targeting system disables the ability to perform this move.
    I.e attempting to sacrfice that same ally with holy shield to a growing bog dweller.

Shouldnt we still be given the option to sacrfice an ally immediately and still be able to take advantage of these save cards?

Are all sacrifices not created equal?

Also, if i used celestial armour's ability on an ally and then summon a ritualist's headress , shouldnt celestial armour's ability have stayed with the ally i am attempting to sacrfice?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. In the case of Growing Bog Dweller, the targeting system prevents you trying to do it on an ally that can't take damage since there's no way it can be killed with Holy Shield on.

For Celestial Armor, any ongoing effect it was having ends when it is no longer in play. That's a general rule in SE that covers all ongoing effects ... except negative effects that stick to their target or permanent stat changes (denoted by gains/loses).

Hope that helps!