Close

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like all changes, except of Embers. Yes, it was a nge, but maybe it's useless now. We'll see. Groundshift is a lot useful now. =D
    Last edited by Ranĝelo; 03-25-2016 at 10:22 PM.
    Messenger of the misty night
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the changes to Zealot and Crucible are pretty clever and elegant; makes them more flexible and opens up possibilities while stopping shard Zal (over)dominating QM. Me likes it
    I am Gandalf The Green.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that Shard Zal needs nerf. But I think 3/4 for Ravager Zealot is much preferred to 2/5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice balancings!
    At least I like them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    These 4 are not as bad as previous. At least Groundshift is not completely useless now, though removing all passive abilities from your own allies for a turn is a huge downside.
    May I ask why it was decided to nerf Groundshift in the first place? This card is so rarely used now, as almost all the locations are killed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice change to zealot and crucible. its a shame that shard zaladar has to restrict future cards. also great that we at least have one neutral card to counter itf.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Note, I haven't read all the replies (there's so many of them...), these are just the ones that stuck out to me.

Ravager Zealot - I think he was fine as-is, 3 life made him fragile enough to take out for most heroes without a problem... 2 makes him more prone to other haste guys (so more board flips in haste vs haste, but unfortunately makes him join the same ranks as krygon in the "one turn ally" realm). basically a superfluous change, that will make Ravager Zealot have less longevity into future sets (as more 2 damage haste sources or light damage sources/weapons become more common)

Embers of the Just - We can agree it needed a nerf... I think it would've been better with a "shuffled into your deck" rather than a draw though... the recursion is a key point in its usefulness to Jericho (and placing it back into the deck would allow for a nice templar combo, while still slowing it down and reducing reliability/consistency). Still, not unhappy with this one, though I think it's going to outright kill Ember Jericho rather than weaken the variant.

Sabreen - I'm fine with this... though I think the consideration to make her 3 life was also valid. (3 life is the sweet spot right now for allies you want to die relatively easily, but not fall at the drop of a hat... 4 is semi-sturdy and 2 is semi-glass)

Towering Brute - Interesting, not sure the reasoning behind the change (well, beyond certain fringe cases) - but we'll see how it plays out... I'm noticing hating on Dead Man's Breach)

Eternal Troll - I'm good with this change... keeps Troll swarms from being quite as overwhelming, while keeping the spirit.

Aldmor Sentry - Neutral anti-haste mechanism? I could see my Tala packing these in the future instead of Broxnorians. Care needs to be taken that we don't overdo the haste hate (this is fine, just need to keep it uncommon enough that haste strategies remain viable)

Ancient of Aldmor - I like this one, gives you more agency in the ally. May actually make my dreams of a Aldmor Ter Adun more of a reality (still won't be competitive, but maybe "possible" soon)

Thriss Crucible - while it can combo with a certain unloved card (thanks to the 1 damage), and removes the use with Shard Zaladar (again, the 1 damage), I don't like the reduced aggressive potential. I think 3 attack is appropriate for it because it's a "surge damage" source thanks to the readied status (key point: readied, not haste) - making it able to retake boards. I would keep the 1 damage (to nerf shard zaladar), but I would keep its attack up personally...

Groundshift - I agree with a quick skim comment I saw: Take the 1 life sustain off of it for the broad sweep... OR, if you want to keep the sustain on it, have it remove all status effects as well. (Something like: "Duration 1. When Groundshift is summoned, the active location is exiled. Heroes and allies lose all passive abilities and status effects as well.")

Shadow Cannon - This card could use a full on redesign imo... maybe lowering the shadow energy cost and making it conditional on using another shadow energy ability that turn? As is, 4 shadow energy for 4 damage is god awful inefficient.

Sosilo: Brother's Landing - Card's still too awkward imo... could have use in future sets as more discard oriented cards appear, but I don't see it being a key strategy in THIS set, even if you made it T1.

Anmor: Garina Road - I just don't like Garina road... I'd be less opposed to it if it was a Neutral land... but even then I still wouldn't like it - Its impact is too far reaching on future card design - and has an impact on all future 3+ cost allies. If we're dead set on keeping it as is, might I suggest making it modify the casted ally's "casting cost" (ie making it prone to: Boris, Now You're Mine, Death from Above, etc.) - or give it some other penalty? (I also don't like the opposing ability either... but yea... at least that's just bad - it's not "future design shaping bad").

I still think this card, in its straight drop form (ie X cost to place an ally // -cost to play ally) needs to rely on shadow energy ( 3 SE: Target ally in your hand is summoned at no cost // 1 SE: all your allies this turn cost 1 less resource to play. ) to make it less impactful.

Irum: Lightning Quarry - Don't think this needed the boost...but meh.

Racksul: Warped Desert - Hate this one... makes Racksul even more niche (and makes it almost useless for weapon heroes). I sense this getting mitigated to Transference ranges of play unfortunately

Yahari: Valley of Doom - I still stand by the idea that it should have a limit of scope, not a limit of cost. "Up to X target allies" or reduced cost "Target Ally"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree that garina still needs some reworks. its current controller ability makes it hard to balance. it is either op or weak. they need to change it so you can still play fatties easily but not too soon and not spam them. i like the card and the idea is good and opens up a new playstyle so i hope the dt figures something out soon.

maybe the enemy ability can be an active one that also shuffles garina back into the deck as a secondary effect to make it less spammable.
    Last edited by mindy; 03-26-2016 at 07:38 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks good, but your really hurting troll, most people thought he was fine. Sabreen nerf seems a little light, but probably good to start small and see how it goes dont want to keep her from being played after all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post
    I think the changes to Zealot and Crucible are pretty clever and elegant; makes them more flexible and opens up possibilities while stopping shard Zal (over)dominating QM. Me likes it
    Shard zaladar was nice while it lasted.