Close

View Poll Results: Which option best fits with your thoughts on Yahari: Valley of Doom?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it as-is

7 12.07%
  • It's fine as-is

16 27.59%
  • The Controller ability should be nerfed to cost 4SE

15 25.86%
  • The Controller ability should exile the allies at the end of the turn

5 8.62%
  • The card should be deleted

8 13.79%
  • I've not seen enough to have a clear thought on it

4 6.90%
  • I think something else that I'll post in the thread

3 5.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I misread "The Controller ability should exile at the end of the turn", thinking that the location would get exiled, and it wont let me change my vote to the something else. Most people don't run this in conjunction with many allies it will hit, so exiling at end of turn or reversing it really never does anything accept let the owner use it to draw.

I think the opponents ability should exile the location after they draw their cards, and maybe only cost 1 shadow energy. This makes the location a wipe but gives the opponent some tempo back. Rather then just a hard, and resuable counter.

The wipe is really nice to heroes that otherwise lack it, and it provides a counter to the spam 3 cost ally meta, and is fun to build around.

Its just a little bit to hard of a counter as it stands. If you use it you have built your deck around it, its usually beneficial if the opponent uses the draw power because not only do they loose shadow but you can turn it around and draw/exile in one swoop which is just to much. If it lets you exile, and lets the opponent draw, and then is gone it will be in a really good place.

I see Middle Aged Nerds point as it does mess with the t0 strategy, but I don't want to see the card become unusuable either. Having a counter to the meta is a good thing. Yes people have to adjust there decks and playstyles because of this card, but that is not a bad thing as long as it is not to drastic, but it does need a small nerf to keep it from being as format warping as it is.
    Last edited by R34P3R; 03-24-2016 at 01:36 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm with Middle Aged Nerd here... The fact that the T0 realization of heroes is a thing, is one of the defining characteristics of Shadow Era... it's like seeing that first land in mtg - and this t0 thing also contributed to leveled play and breaks homogeneity in the game (which is a good thing)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Finally a card designed to get all the underused heroes a chance. More games are won/lost on the ability to flood the board with 3 cost allies then anything else. Shaking up the tired old meta of just overrunning the enemy with 3 cost allies(snoozefest) with a card like this should be met with a standing ovation from all long time players.

It really is disappointing the amount of people that are so fearful of change that they are crying wolf over the most well designed(In terms of what it was fixing and also how it has turned out in application) just because some of their auto wins have turned into having to think beyond the 5th turn.