Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadow Cannon deck

Back in my younger days when I played Yugioh I used to play a cannon deck where you could stall your opponent, gather counters over time into the cannon then pop it directly at your opponents life points.

I have seen the Shadow Cannon card which uses shadow energy to fire it directly at your opponents life points. Just wondering whether anyone has played around with this card? Are there any good and consistent ways to get shadow energy to make a deck work?

I was thinking cards like Pithing Spear, Shadow Font and Shadow Armor but couldn't find any more.
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 03-22-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Shadow Font and Aldmor Accelarator are the most consistent way to gain SE. If you go with Aldmor build, you can use also Darklight Apprentice.
    Other ways to regenerate SE is Sun-Blighted One (mage only), Aldmor Child and Interference (Elemental only).
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for that. I am going to use Zaladar as his ability can be used as an alternative to Cannon.

So far the cards I am thinking are below but I am struggling with the Ally pool. If I don't draw allies, most the cards in this deck are expensive so there is a risk of being over run.

4 x Child of Aldmor - low cost and quick shadow energy.
    4 x Eternal Troll - Hard to get rid of, distraction for opponent and to constantly hit for 2 if left.

4 x Shadow Cannon - Key card in the deck.
    4 x Shadow Font - Generate energy.
    4 x Mind Control - Get rid of fatties, also works with Shadow Armor as it kills the ally.
    4 x Interference - Activate when opponent has lots of energy to stall them and gain energy.
    2 x Soul Reaper - Heal Hero.
    2 x Energy Discharge - Works with troll and wipes board.
    X - Feedback - not sure how many are required.

3 x Aldmor Accelerator - Generate shadow energy, Soul Reaper can replenish lost life.

2 x Shadow Armor - Generate shadow energy.
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 03-22-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For any Shadow Cannon deck, I would just recommend considering -4 shadow cannon.

Goodluck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm. This may be fun. I will actually attempt to make a deck based on this. Zaladar has access to a weapon that can net him shadow energy when he deals combat damage. You would most likely have to run this decks similar to stallidar adding cards such as Rain Delay, Armor of Ages, and Evil Ascendant. You could consider Mind Control as a burn card if allies are dropped. I also have an idea of using the location that hastes 2cc allies and combining that with Darklight Apprentice with the Shadow energy draw card along with the card that heals zaladar 2 for bringing an ally out of the graveyard. I commend you for your Uniqueness. We need more people like this in the world lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If Delay's advice isn't enough read this:
    Your goal is to collect SE to cast 4cc thing which uses 4SE to deal 4 damage to one target, instead of using 4 SE to deal 3 damage to two targets.
    Makes sense
    Last edited by dejvo; 05-12-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    For any Shadow Cannon deck, I would just recommend considering -4 shadow cannon.

Goodluck
    Lol. There he is. Out from his stealth by the moonlight hiding.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah. Looks like you should do 3 shadow cannon or even 2 and just play it as stallizar. Cannon just to give you a little bit more reach. Also playing childish then playing cannon gets you 3 shadow energy. Which is pretty close to what you need to activate cannon for 2 uses back to back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.