Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tired of the game with no hero balance

I understand that further balance changes are on the way however that's for the individual cards themselves.

The overall game mechanics need to be taken a look at.

Draw Power is a main one. The game has come out with to many fast ways for lots and lots of draw pull. The game was much more fun when it wasn't as fast or easy to draw 3 or 4 cards a turn.

I feel that the dev's are completely ignoring the fact that what heroes can use what cards available is unbalanced as well.
    I believe with the right changes to that face will help greatly in making effective changes to the game that will improve the game so more people can have fun playing it before the current problems came about.

Look at Rouges Hero Cards able to be used vs Warrior Hero Cards. Rogues can wipe the board clean, kill anything with almost no cost.
    What can a warrior do.....cripple lol. Which is easily negated with the right cards nowadays.

The game became unbalanced more and more each time you gave more and more options for certain heroes VS others with no penalties or restrictions.

Example: Eternal Troll why is it that every hero can use this card just about?

Mages: A balance for mages was always that they can do high direct DMG but had low ally dmg and abilities. New releases have completely negated that fact.

Sabreen, Hand of Unaxio another example, not just the OP of the card itself but that face that its a human faction. Should be like a warrior or priest card.

Just look at Tala, and etc heroes that get no gameplay because the card deck pools are so stacked against them in allies and abilities that it makes it almost pointless to play them when u can use other certain heroes and still have the same ally cards to use.
    The hero vs ally and ability etc restrictions need to be rebalanced.

There is also no reason not to change earlier card releases for the digital set as im told that the physical cards follow the digital cards and game play. If you want the digital game to still be worth while then any and all cards need the options to be updated to current gameplay data. Otherwise just delete the old cards when a couple new sets come out. This game will just become MTG otherwise.

Im tired of the playing the same dumb decks all the time.
    I used to have a lote more fun with this game, and it bothers me to see this game becoming so much less fun to play, especially after spending so many hours and money for packs on it. This game used to be my favorite but certain things like the refusal to keep the older cards up to date with new game mechanics is a major negative impact on the game. Along with other things listed etc,

Warriors like Tala need cards for warriors only like sandworm, that negate some of all dmg done to them, etc to make them even worth playing really.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    . Draw Power is a main one. The game has come out with to many fast ways for lots and lots of draw pull. The game was much more fun when it wasn't as fast or easy to draw 3 or 4 cards a turn.

Look at Rouges Hero Cards able to be used vs Warrior Hero Cards. Rogues can wipe the board clean, kill anything with almost no cost.
    What can a warrior do.....cripple lol. Which is easily negated with the right cards nowadays.

...They should give Warriors some draw power, maybe create a new card attachment they could call it Blood Frenzy or something, I dunno, just making this up as I go...and maybe even a way to buff their HP with another ability card....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He is saying that too many heroes can draw fast I think.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A severe lack of specific examples make this thread difficult to reply to. For example how can rogues wipe a board with almost no cost. I really dont understand. Can you give us some specific examples please.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah. Rambling at best. What's your point?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's called power creep. As more sets come, old cards will be obsolete, and new cards will be more relevant. In the future, we might have cards that make Sabreen and Troll look like trash. Deal with it, it's natural.
    Vanishing Specter of the Lost Realms
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Power creep is so bad though. That's what like yugioh uses to sell cards. The counter point there is why would I want to buy these cards when the next set will be better? That's the exact reason I've never got into that game.
    Magic does to a good job of keeping the creep down to a minimum. By releasing a weak, but fun, set every so often. This lets them slowly build back up over time. Sometimes things do slip through the cracks and bannings occur.
    This being online based allows them to seek that balance. Troll is not op. There are plenty of times a Gargoyle is the better play. Like in a Sabreen infested meta. She was a mistake BTW. Too powerful and is getting the foam hammer soon. Just took longer to see that she was op because, while strong. she was no where near as powerful as the twilight menace. Which were nerfed into oblivion
    Last edited by Megatog201; 03-25-2016 at 04:58 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Currently the game is balanced more than ever I think. There is lot of heroes who can be played at top level. Yeah there is plenty room for more balance, sure, but I hope DT will continue with balancing game.
    Sorry Fristar but from my perspective you are out in most of your opinions.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    A severe lack of specific examples make this thread difficult to reply to. For example how can rogues wipe a board with almost no cost. I really dont understand. Can you give us some specific examples please.
    Serena stole his tidal wave.
    Well the game was unbalanced when ll came out but now it s ok i think. Ye i think new cards should be more like class cards it could be more fun not just everyone plays twilights and just hero changes. But ppl has been asking for neutral cards etc. Sabreena as a priest only? Im up to that. BTW u say warrior needs allies like sandworm ... Well i gonna make u happy ....warrior can use sandworm :P
    Last edited by striga; 03-23-2016 at 06:36 PM.
    IGN: BP Striga

Mystery of Snowy Owl
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by striga View Post
    Serena stole his tidal wave.
    Well the game was unbalanced when ll came out but now it s ok i think. Ye i think new cards should be more like class cards it could be more fun not just everyone plays twilights and just hero changes. But ppl has been asking for neutral cards etc. Sabreena as a priest only? Im up to that. BTW u say warrior needs allies like sandworm ... Well i gonna make u happy ....warrior can use sandworm :P
    I sais abilities like sandworm. Don't do selective reading and comment.
    And no you only see like 4 heroes in top cause those four have access to every card.
    I shouldn't need to list examples if you just looked at the cards available, what they can do, per champ option.