Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am not much of a Serena player, neither a high rating player. Your deck looks nice. If i had to change something in this deck it would probably be:

-3 Agent Rex
    -1 Sabreen
    -1 Assassination
    -1 Hit List (May be. if you are not having hard time with draws, or if your are not facing many solo decks)
    -3 Sink Hole

+2 Priest of the Light / Layarian Seductress / Spirit Warden (i dont prefer warden much but works good against trap hunters, and decks that benefit from grave)
    +2 Viska / Eriss Fateweaver (Not the best option, but if you face so many attachment decks or ally disable type of decks eg. Zail's Hymn + Curse of the Aldmor)
    +2 Black Grab / Night Prowler (very situational, for high draw low control decks, or very special moments, i dont recommend generally)
    +1 Spirit Shuriken

Depending on what decks you are generally facing around your rating you can do little changes. But overall i think u got a nice deck man.
    Last edited by ledrahan; 04-30-2016 at 01:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up Update

It's been a while since I updated, been pretty busy the last few months so I figured it was time Especially given the changes that have occurred to the game.

Here's what I'm currently running:

- 3x Agent Rex
    - 4x Night Owl
    - 4x Sabreen, Hand of Unaxio
    - 2x Oliver Fagin

- 2x Sinkhole
    - 3x Assassination
    - 4x Stop Thief

- 4x Hit List
    - 4x Ill-Gotten Gains

- 2x Black Garb
    - 2x Spelleater Bands

- 1x Spirit Shuriken
    - 2x Anklebreaker
    - 4x Thoughtstealer's Cutlass

Total Cards: 41 + hero

When I saw the Sabreen nerf, I initially removed two and tried a few combinations of cards. Within a few games though I ended up putting her back in. I've noticed a huge influx of her in decks I don't recall seeing her in before. She's still really powerful, and still worth having four in for sure. I'd like to do something about maybe 1 Agent Rex and both Sinkhole. Sinkhole isn't terrible, but I'm going to try to see if I can put in two Nightshade or some other card that could add a bit of cc with more upside for 2-3 cc. Perhaps a Night Owl also, since this deck has pretty epic card draw I could afford to trade one out. Plus he can make turn 3 weird with a Sabreen in hand. Those two really outta go out and make nice or somethin

That being said, this deck is still performing at a high level and I've had some fantastic comeback finishes with it over the last week. One was 4-26 and the other from 3-25'ish. Pretty fantastic stuff

Thanks for any and all advice, as always!

~Kyo

EDIT: Recently went with the following changes:

-1 Agent Rex
    -1 Night Owl

+2 Champion of Irum

Lately I've been finding myself unable to perform comebacks and being about a turn behind when fighting people around the 300 range. The reason for this change was to help make the deck faster. Originally I put in 2x Retreat, and while I find the sap useful the Irum Champ has had way more of an impact.

Appreciate the insight
    Last edited by Kyoushu; 06-25-2016 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Content

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hello,

oh, i'm posting a message after 4 years. i've been playing the game on-and-off, and these last months i played frequently. serena was my first deck, and still the one i enjoy most. right now i'm playing it frequently, you can check the last matches, my in game name is gutgut, i'm around 305-10 these days.

so, my recommendations:

i use nightshade instead of rex.
    definitely use black garb, it's a must.
    rush mages have always been a problem for serena, but still, i don't use spelleater bands.
    consistency is the most important thing for a serena deck, always try to keep to 40 cards, not more.
    i don't use shuriken, not to my taste, too situational.
    i also use braxnoian soldier and viska.
    4 sabreen is too much i think, as it is unique. i use 3.

good luck, have fun!