Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Veles Weenie Rothem (Dead Man's Breach deck)

Hero: Rothem, King of Layar

Allies (18):
    4x Ironhide Karash ~220g
    1x Rapacious Vermin ~120g
    4x Yari Bladedancer ~300g
    3x Sword Gobbler ~200g
    4x Feasterling ~400g
    2x Death Mage Thaddeus ~200g

Abilities (10):
    3x Bad Santa ~460g
    1x Smashing Blow ~100g
    4x Blood Frenzy ~100g
    1x Nocturnal Advantage ~100g
    1x Enrage ~100g

Items (7):
    1x Ascendant of the Horde ~200g
    1x War Banner ~100g
    1x Meat Wagon ~300g
    4x Jeweler's Dream ~470g

Locations (4):
    4x Arthyle's Pass: Dead Man's Breach ~400g

= 40 cards ~ 15560g

Its a fun aggro deck that people don't expect to face. Having most of your allies at 2cc means you will always have good starts and board control is deceptively good with Dead Mans breach. Buffed Feasterling or combination of any 2 allies and weapon can take care of most enemy threats. Late game Sword Gobbler that exiles a weapon has basic stats of a 3cc, but it is often buffed further to 4/4 or 5/4. Bladedancer is the star of the deck because he can cheat the meek restriction by transferring its attack to an ally that is able to attack the hero which is very important when you are closing the game. Just from Rothems ability each Bladedancer hastes 4 damage to enemy hero's face. Deck plays out by controlling early game with your allies and trying to get 2 or more of them out that are able to attack the hero, until enemy gets low enough on health you can otk them with Rothem's ability. There are couple of tech cards in here. Ascendant is really good vs Direct Damage especially against Zaladar since he can't one shot your 3hp allies. Its also amazing against stall deck, negating Evil Ascendant and Skervox poison. Meat Wagon/War Banner split is there to reduce dead draws of the deck as they do basically same thing. Nocturnal Advantage is there for stealth and ITF. It actually replaced Groundshift because of its negative synergy with the location. NA also deals with Gwen and stall Skervox. Biggest weaknesses of the deck are well timed Brax Soldier, in which case Logan with same deck can have an edge. Burn heavy mages are hard to beat as well unless you get your Ascendant of the Horde and Meat Wagon.

Deck works on very low resources, 5 in average. Even at 4 with JD you can still play 3 allies each turn. Sword Gobbler is easy early sac, as well extra weapon copies, or any location or BF duplicates. I would often sac War Banner/Meat Wagon/Nocturnal Advantage/Enrage in favor of keeping the allies to swarm the board quickly unless its a crucial to have those for the given match. Common openings:

T2 Feasterling or Karash
    T3 BF
    T4 JD + BS/2cc ally of choice + Location or Location + 2 2cc allies depending on board state.

Also dont hesitate to use Rothems ability for controlling the board so you dont fall behind. With hasted allies and a weapon 5se pays of if you can retake by dealing with 3 enemy allies.
    Last edited by Veles; 03-11-2016 at 12:26 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can vouch for the swarming, speed and surprise effect! I think I played against this yesterday with my big Boris. Well done.

Asia Regionals Champion 2015 Halalboy's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks fun. Brax is like the ultimate counter for this so maybe I will switch for logan
    Member of Supreme Legion

We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Halalboy
    Telegram: @Halalboy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Halalboy View Post
    Looks fun. Brax is like the ultimate counter for this so maybe I will switch for logan
    Nah, Logan will make this deck so much worse. Instead, I recommend tech'ing Groundshift :]
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Groundshift is good for Brax Soldier but it removes your location as well. You need to keep that in mind so you plan ahead by keeping spare location copies if you dont have enough power on the board.

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really tempted to buy the March special deal and get Rothem as one of my picks. Does this deck have a chance at higher ratings?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
    Really tempted to buy the March special deal and get Rothem as one of my picks. Does this deck have a chance at higher ratings?
    I have lost twice to this deck. Rated 308
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I started late this season but got to 286-ish in one day with relative ease. I would say deck can go above 300. Its a solid deck but considering its weakness vs Brax Soldier I would still put this under tier 2.

― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck...
    Dragon Tooth can help if Brax becomes too popular (and he is in top decks).
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ever thought about using Bazaar's draw ability instead of Bad Santa? It gives you less control over how many cards your opponent will draw, but maybe you should try it out for a faster rush.