Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Blood Frenzy timing now with LL

So this is a general question. The only warrior I typically play is Vess (sometimes a just for fun Logan build but that's more or less expected to lose). With that said I have a hard time timing my Blood Frenzy. Like in Vess it's free so I'm sure I spoiled myself. I typically want to play other things turn 3 as the way I see the game turn 3 is the most critical turn in the game. You lose or gain board position on turn 3. (is this statement correct, generally speaking? Could be a second question I suppose.)
    Is there generally a correct time to play BF?Suppose your opponent goes first. Drops a 2 drop and then drops a 3 drop. Do you want to use turn 3 playing BF or playing an ally? Knowing they could easily drop a turn 4 ally and then you are in quite a pickle. In games where it's nothing played turn one and two and I go first then yes I play Blood Frenzy. That part is easy. Its the more difficult scenarios that I'm unsure about. Thanks for any help or advise you have. The deck and everything like that isn't important. Vessless, Amberless warrior. Just looking for general lines of play
    Last edited by Megatog201; 03-07-2016 at 01:36 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I imagine the answer will depend on the deck you are playing.
    And as a general rule of thumb, it's often incredibly helpful to predict the cards in your opponent's deck.

That said, against a Serena or Lance deck which is more late-game, and typically employs Ill Gotten Gains on turn 4, then playing Blood Frenzy on turn 3 should be fine (unless of course, you feel that to win- you must rush them). Priest decks often fall into this category too.

Against rush decks, this is usually a bad idea. Fortunately, these decks often push off their draw engine for a little bit so it makes sense not to play Blood Frenzy so early.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its tricky bro. I agree. Plus with vess its free so your used to that. Its all about what your opponent is likely to do. But if you dont play it tou may end up card starved. Sometimes ill wait till turn 5 or 6 so i can do a cripple blow plus frenzy. But if you dont have board and no way to regain it turn 3 might be bad.ni usually try to drop turn 3 to 6 when i have the board or at least can contest it without the tempo loss. Same with rogues. When to drop igg can often times be a tough choice. Intend to try and secure board and then drop draw unless im low on cards. Basically there is no pre cut recipe.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my control Boris, I just play it t3. I get board control on like t7
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Most warriors should use it at t3 by default. Only exception is probably tala because if she looses board it mostly GG for her so it is preferable to play ally over BF for her
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Like has been said, it depends on the situation - though I generally play it T4 or T5 (ie - as soon as I run out of cards that improve my board state) - exception being against Priests and the such because they can reset the board state so easy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I consider tala to be one of my fav heroes but shes way underpowered. Cant compete.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Blood Frenzy timing now with LL

Generally speaking I'd say the best time to play it is when your hand is starting to get low, but you can still play it and make a play with it that affects the board, so turns 5+

There's not really an exact science to it though, it all depends on what type of game you are playing. If you are going aggressive, those early turns are important so you want to be playing allies, but if you're going down a more control route, then early turns can be used for setup and you win the board back later on
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn