Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[291 R] shadowphnx's Gravebone and Trolls Deck

I am very excited to share with all of you my really fun to play 336 rated (9/25/16) Gravebone deck.

Why should you play this deck?
    1. If you like reviving Eternal Trolls and Phoenix Urigons to the dismay of your opponent
    2. If you like to play Supernova where only your opponent's allies get wiped
    3. And if you are very cold, you like to use the Voice of Winter so that only your opponent's allies stay frozen

then this is the deck for you!

Hero: Gravebone
    Allies: (19)
    4x Feasterling
    2x Ironhide Karash
    4x Eternal Troll
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Phoenix Urigon
    2x Dakrath

Abilities: (19)
    4x Sacrificial Lamb
    4x Bad Santa
    3x Relentless Savagery
    4x Fireball
    4x Supernova

Weapons: (3)
    3x Voice of Winter

Deck Explanation:
    There are a number of ways to secure victory in the deck, but the main goal is board control.
    Here are some combos to look out for:

Feasterling + Relentless Savagery = 5 attack, enough to kill many 3 and 4 turn allies.

Eternal Troll + Eternal Troll + Relentless Savagery = As you crash your Eternal Troll into your opponent's allies, Relentless Savagery will return to your hand when the Troll dies and you can play it again. I have killed opposing Dakraths this way.

Supernova + Eternal Troll or Phoenix Urigon = Wipe the board with your allies still in play!

Voice of Winter + Sacrificial Lamb + Eternal Troll or Phoenix Urigon = Get rid of the frozen status of your allies while drawing 3 cards. (As Buqs pointed out, for the Eternal Troll, you should wait until the turn after you summoned it to use Sacrificial Lamb so that it doesn't die.).

Voice of Winter + Supernova + Eternal Troll or Phoenix Urigon = An alternative method for getting rid of the frozen status of your allies.

Voice of Winter + Dakrath = Dakrath can't be frozen and is very hard to kill. Also a worthy candidate for revival.

Gravebone + Voice of Winter = Allies that Gravebone returns to play won't be frozen by Voice of Winter!

Sacrificial Lamb + Gravebone = Kill your possibly incapacitated ally and then revive it!

General Tips

Voice of Winter is a weapon, you can and often should attack with it. Don't forget this! Especially if your opponent is playing item destruction.
    This can easily amount to 2 or 3 damage to the opponent as there is a good chance your opponent will not have
    the item destruction in their hand when you play it. However also be careful that you don't cause your Voice of Winter to die either.

Bad Santa is a really great card if you anticipate your opponent having a really strong draw engine. Otherwise be careful about playing it.

If you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments, let me know

-Shadowphnx
    Last edited by shadowphnx; 09-26-2016 at 02:41 AM.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow masochistic. This sounds brutal. How many rage quits a day do you get?
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Wow masochistic. This sounds brutal. How many rage quits a day do you get?
    LOL quite a few. I learned quite quickly that if you feel really confident that you are going to win early on (before turn 5), best to make a subpar move so that you make it to round 6 and get rating points for rage quits. I guess that's another reason to play this deck. If you like provoking rage quits .

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You could consider stalactitan and frosted urigon. Just a thought.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    You could consider stalactitan and frosted urigon. Just a thought.
    I did and it's a good thought.

In an earlier iteration, I used Stalactitan, but I found it too easy to be killed. Though for a new player with little SC, it is a worthy substitute for Dakrath.
    I never really tried Frosted Urigon because I felt that its stats were too low. Though it could work reasonably well too.

In the end by the time you play Voice of Winter (and possibly Supernova) it is either turn 5 or 6. Hence Dakrath fits the cost curve reasonably well and deals a respectable and consistent 5 damage. In addition, Dakrath can survive (popular) cards like Anklebreaker,Captured Prey, Sverox and Supernova.

Also, Stalactitan and Frosty are only very effective if you have a VoW in play. In contrast, Dakrath can be a strong play with or without the VoW.
    Last edited by shadowphnx; 03-02-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great writeup and it looks like a lot of fun to play. I'll take it for a spin for sure.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Voice of Winter + Sacrificial Lamb + Eternal Troll or Phoenix Urigon = Get rid of the frozen status of your allies while drawing 3 cards.

Sac Lamb on Troll while froze means he was summoned this turn and will die to gaveyard if you sac lamb him
    NOTE: Turn 2 or 3 of frozen status is still good though

other wise looks solid
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    Voice of Winter + Sacrificial Lamb + Eternal Troll or Phoenix Urigon = Get rid of the frozen status of your allies while drawing 3 cards.

Sac Lamb on Troll while froze means he was summoned this turn and will die to gaveyard if you sac lamb him
    NOTE: Turn 2 or 3 of frozen status is still good though

other wise looks solid
    You are correct, you would sac the following turn and thanks Buqs
    Added your point in the original post for clarity.
    Last edited by shadowphnx; 03-02-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe -1 Bad Santa -1 Sac lamb +2 Archnid?

8 burst draw is too much imo and your 3cc ally count is a bit low