Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rogue Stealth and ambush deck help

I wanted to make a deck where all allies were hard to hit, leaving just the hero as the main option. However attacking it causes constant damage to attackers. The idea having all allies with stealth and giving them constant ambush before attacking and attack power boosts. With low cost and many cards I think it could be a fairy fun deck, but I do not know how functional it would be. I also need to slim it down as much as possible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hero:

Garth Ravensoul

Weapons:

4 golden katar

Armor:

2 Crimson Vest
    1 black garb

Spells:
    4 Sorcerous Poison
    4 Assassin's Cloak
    4 Backstab
    2 Assassination
    2 Reconnaissance
    2 Stop, Thief!
    2 Procured and Restored
    Smoke Screen
    A Legend Rises
    Road Less Traveled
    2 The Last Harvest
    Overwhelm

Allies:

4 Erika Shadowhunter
    4 Nightshade
    4 Night Owl
    3 Eleanor, Princess of Ellos
    4 Agent Rex
    1 Gunther, General of Balor?
    Last edited by Si1er; 02-28-2016 at 04:05 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you have way too many situational abilities. all abilities exceptstop thief, backstab, and procured should only have 1 copy. max out katar and black garb because like you said the hero is the main focus. add also 4 anklebreaker and 2-3 midnight sentinel.
    Vanishing Specter of the Lost Realms
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You could always try amber with mocking armor. That might be right up your alley if thats your coal. War flail turn 5 mocking armor turn 6? Maybe. Never tried but could be interesting.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Silent strike can give stealth to any ally and gives can trip draw if you want to stealth different allies. Night owl and night shade are good, the others not so much.

Ankle breaker is better than katar. 4 sorcerous poison and asses cloak is too many. Aldon and midnight sentinel will help build up nightshade.

Hope this helps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You need some form of draw.

Regarding card choices:
    Crimson Vest - while I understand why you want it Garb is more important

Black Garb - this is a main point of your deck run 4

Sorcerous poison - the right type of card in theory, but in practice their allies should not be surviving for poisoning them to be that helpful. Might be ok to have a couple for their hero and effectively +1 weapon damage against most allies, but 4 is way too many.

Assassin's Cloak - some of your allies already have ambush, others should be able to deal a finishing blow most of the time anyway. Silent strike would be better if you feel you need a bit of extra ambush

Assassination - good card but with 4 backstab not the most needed

Reconnaissance - you have other buff cards so as fun as it is you really don't need it.

Stop Thief - not a card I would normally recommend dropping, but you are running 4 Agent Rex so not sure about this 1.

Procured and Restored - cool card but generally not that useful in practice.

Smoke screen - see if you have extra room after other cuts and adding draw. If you do ok otherwise it is not the most important card. (Likely lower down than stop thief)

Road less traveled - you have no come into play effects not sure why you are running it.

Overwhelm - same as smoke screen

Gunther - you are better off running just 19 allies, or running also for an instant buff

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's a neat concept - and something that would have been pretty solid a few years ago in the game. There are many answers to this deck that sort of ruin what you're trying to accomplish.

Assassin's cloak and Sorcerous poison - both of these cards can be situationally good, but they're usually dead draws. Especially considering you can only have one at a time. I had a single copy of sorcerous poison in my 80 card garth deck for a bit, but took it out because it usually wasn't worth it...4 copies would be much harder to use.

Erika can be situationally good - but the problem is she is trivial for mages to handle, and even those heroes that she's strong against have decent ways to deal with her now.

Nightshade is solid, but is easily countered by Sabreen now - if you were going to have Nightshade, I would aim to also have Midnight Sentinels (they combo to make nightshade 2/4). If you go this route, I don't think Night Owl is as good, since he won't wind up getting stealth as often...

As Garth, I'd start thinking about your card pool in these terms:
    1 - what cards can help you hold the board? (hard to kill allies - like stealth or armored, assassinate)
    2 - what cards can help you take the board when you don't have it (weapons like ankle breaker, allies with haste, control cards like garth's concoction)
    3 - how are you going to draw cards? (Ill-gotten gains is great, but there are other solid options).
    4 - what tech will you need to deal with a few hard to manage situations?
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!