Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question How to beat infinite elemental deck

Well, I've figured out the easy stuff myself in my previous thread (using Widespread Decay against shard elemental and hunter decks), but I have no clue how to deal with 100 sized elemental deck with enormous drawing and discard power, using cards such as Praxix, Loom of Fate, Eternal Renewal, Bad Santa, Transference, shadow power gains for more Praxix hero ability uses and so on.
    Meeting such a deck is an auto loss for me, because enemy just sucks out all my cards, mind controls allies and almost never summoning allies themself, other than for Conversion. I literally die to damage caused by drawing cards with no cards in the deck.
    So how do I fight such a deck with a normal (close to 40) deck? This is very frustrating

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi! I think you are referring to a praxix discard deck (stall type).

Yes it is very annoying (especially if he use armour of ages!). The simple answer is dominate the board and rush to his death before he can recover. If it's a solo praxix, he couldn't deal a lot damage to you through praxix ability. So he is forced to use Mind Control, but the power is limited as he only got 4 Mind Controls, so beware not to drop high attack allies. Besides, some praxix mill bring eternal discharge, so always keep so spare allies on hand. Note that discharge also caused him 5 damages which is not bad! Also, always prepare that he would drop an Armour of Age so keep an item destruction on your hand. Most of praxix mill use bilateral draw (like loom, bad santa) so you may sac your draw engine as well.

Bear in mind that it was one of the top rated deck a few seasons ago so don't feel bad if you lose.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Alright, thanks for informative reply. Still looks like I'm going to lose to such discard decks a lot, because I use only 7 ally cards and they can just kill 4 with MC and then move GY back into the deck unless other 3 of my ally cards are stolen/discarded anyway. I guess I could fight it by bringing a lot of resurrect cards, but that still looks bad and resurrects can be stolen/discarded aswell, that's exactly what happened in all my battles with such a deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh4t3v3r View Post
    Alright, thanks for informative reply. Still looks like I'm going to lose to such discard decks a lot, because I use only 7 ally cards and they can just kill 4 with MC and then move GY back into the deck unless other 3 of my ally cards are stolen/discarded anyway. I guess I could fight it by bringing a lot of resurrect cards, but that still looks bad and resurrects can be stolen/discarded aswell, that's exactly what happened in all my battles with such a deck.
    May I ask what kind of decks are you using?

If it's a mid-range deck then usually the ally count is about 20 allies.
    If it's a weapon deck you shouldn't have a lot problem with praxix.
    If it's a mage burn deck you should own him pretty much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's embers/templar deck mostly focusing on embers, you can see the list of cards in my previous thread in strategies subforum (throw in some Widespread Decay to match my current deck). Praxix discard build renders half of my build useless by not summoning any allies to apply embers to. I have no problem with any other build, since there's always at least some ally. Now that I think of it, I guess I should add more smites, some weapon and maybe a couple of allies with haste or some shadow power/resource powered active ability. Do you have any ideas? I don't want to worsen my deck in any other scenario though, Praxix is not that common