Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[RS Seadog] LL 3.12 Portal Undead Majiya

Hi SE community! For all who may or may not know me, I am an old player started playing SE since early 2011 (and never breaks ). I have joined RS last year and learn a lot from the helpful guildmates and I wish to provide some feedback to the community. From this week onwards, I am planning to share some decks, no matter fun or competitive, to the SE forum. Hoping to create more discussion and help with new players to learn/enjoy the game! Anyways, here is the first deck

LL 3.12 Portal Undead Majiya

Let’s take a break from the Eternal Troll – Phoenix majiya! I have developed an undead majiya based on Raphael Majere’s Portal Majiya, and mixed a bit of favour of Undead. This was developed before the nerf of Kiruth so I am a bit sad for the nerf! Nevertheless it is still quite fun to play and when the combo works out I am so excited!

Now let’s look at the decklist:

Majiya

4 Harbringer of the Lost
    4 Death Mage Thaddeus
    4 Death Collector
    4 Corpse Shifter
    4 Shadow Knight
    3 Grave Resistance
    4 Portal
    4 Undying Bond (!)
    4 Crystal Shard
    4 Kiruth: Thaddeus’ Vault

Total: 39 + 1 cards

Yes, Undying Bond!

The whole deck plays like normal portal majiya, but its faster. Thanks to the resource acceleration given by the location Kiruth.

Kiruth ability is:

0SE: If an Undead ally has been removed from your graveyard this turn, renew 3 resources. // 3SE: Target Undead ally in an opposing graveyard is exiled: Draw a card.

There are 3 cards that can remove ally from your graveyard:

Death Collector, Shadow Knight and Undying Bond

Death Collector: its ability would effectively give you 1 extra resources (since Kiruth renew 3 resources) – with or without portal.

Shadow Knight: It’s a 2cc ally for 5/4 body plus 1 draw! Its even better with portal-
    if you drop your portal by T6, you can start your SK loop by T7 (since Kiruth renew 3 resources)

Undying Bond: It gives you 2 cards at 1 resources. This helps you to manipulate your graveyard order for SK loop, as well fill up your hand for further board pressure/gives you allies to fire through Corpse Shifter. Also don’t forget the +1 attack!

Other cards are:

Harbringer of the Lost: Helps you to fill up graveyard. You need some allies in the graveyard to get full use of Death Collector, Shadow Knight and Undying Bond.

Death Mage Thaddeus: Standard Undead 3cc lineup.

Corpse Shifter: Your cannon in this deck! I always think it’s the most powerful undead ally. High health, survive nova, stick like a boss when you have Grave Resistance on board! The only downside is it requires you to have excess undead allies on hand. This problem is solve by Undying Bond in this deck.

Grave Resistance: It stick on board for 3 turns, which met portal duration. Turn all your allies into Gargyole and retake the board! Note that the -1 health hurts a lot to mage. When you opponent plays rush, do not use it.

Portal: The core of the deck. It’s your board reset button. Use wisely. Note that this deck can play with or without portal. When you know your opponent has good item destruction, don’t rely on portal too much. Undead tribe is quite strong enough!

Crystal Shard: Thanks to the idea of Raphael Majere. It works like a charm! It’s a draw engine as well help to fill up graveyard for full use of Death Collector, Shadow Knight and Undying Bond.

Other FAQ:

1. No burn?

Portal majiya does not rely on burn too much. If you like you can -3 Grave Resistance and add in Fireball/Super nova etc. But I think GR works with the general theme of the deck better.

2. Can I increase deck size/cut the quantity of some cards to add in burn?

Generally not advisable. The key think I learnt on deck building is: keep your deck at lowest amount of cards (39 cards) and keep most cards at 4 copies. Thanks to my teacher RS Jacqui!

Here is a video play of this deck. Check it out!

So here is the deck, hope you have fun with it! And please give me some suggestions!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why no necromancers shroud instead of undiying bound?
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by egatemi View Post
    Why no necromancers shroud instead of undiying bound?
    Hi egatemi! Thanks for your question!

I have also tested with necromancers. The problem is necro effectively gives you 1 hasted ally for 1 turn, and it got killed at end of turn. Unless we inlcude sacrificial lamb in this deck, necro cannot get full use (comparing to baduruu when opponent's ally retaliate, necro gets destroyed and the revived ally stays on board). Besides, it has no interaction with portal.

On the contrary, undying bond is a direct draw of 2 cards, which is more easy to use. The allies returned to your hand can also get the haste through portal.

That's just my opinion. You are free to swap in necro and please let me know your results

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do you have problems when people play Braxonian Soldier or Spirit Warden?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksaksa View Post
    Do you have problems when people play Braxonian Soldier or Spirit Warden?
    Yes it does. If opponent is playing Brax, try not to rely on portal too much. Spirit Warden is the curse for all undead decks, watch out and make it your first killing target.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i like this deck. I want to watch a few games. Any recommended one that show it off rather well?
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    i like this deck. I want to watch a few games. Any recommended one that show it off rather well?
    Thanks a lot buqs!

I have been switching around many decks but I can sure to play some and record it for you to watch later

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    maybe you can add a couple of transmogrification curse to patch the brax/fatty problem? Overall pretty nice concept!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    maybe you can add a couple of transmogrification curse to patch the brax/fatty problem? Overall pretty nice concept!
    Good suggestion! Brax is really annoying there. Maybe swap the grave resistence with transmorg.

Thanks for suggestion!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Thanks a lot buqs!

I have been switching around many decks but I can sure to play some and record it for you to watch later
    That will be much appreciated. I linked your deck to my undead guide as I really like the concept
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!