Close

View Poll Results: What (if anything) do you hate most about embers?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • The quick spammable damage to the hero. I.e. it's offensive uses

6 11.11%
  • The spammable ally control. I.e. it's defensive uses

0 0%
  • The fact that it is hard to interact with making me feel helpless against it.

30 55.56%
  • I don't have a problem with it.

18 33.33%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What bothers you MOST about Embers of the Just?

Just trying to narrow down people's issues with embers here. There are two major kinds of embers decks in use right now, one is a hard control deck that uses embers mainly as supplemental ally control. There's another deck that uses embers spamming as a win condition by spamming it and using the damage against the hero. When people complain, its not clear what it is they're complaining about. So...what is it about embers that you hate most? Also sorry for typos in the poll...did this on my phone.

Edit: Based on feedback in this thread, here's some nerf ideas.

Embers can only damage allies (makes it a purely defensive card)

Embers can only damage hero (makes it a purely offensive card)

Embers only returns to hand if it was destroyed a turn after it was cast (to give a turn for the opponent to do something)

Embers shuffles into the deck rather than returning to hand (reduces card advantage, makes it much harder to spam)

Draw a card when destroyed - removes recursive nature, keeps power level, keeps it limited to jericho.

Draw a card when cast - makes it playable for everyone, particularly with COF (instead of returning to hand, I imagine).

Embers only returns to hand if there are 3 or more abilities or attachments in your graveyard

when attached to an opposite ally that ally gains a perminent 2+ att
    Last edited by bobrossw; 02-22-2016 at 01:37 AM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly i dont have a problem with it, I just dont want it getting nerfed to the ground and jerry becoming like he was in the Cotc and Dp days...
    Last edited by Magikarp; 02-21-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 I suffer from very Negative Player Experience when a good card is killed, especially if it is the only card, that makes a hero viable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's infinite use and it's inability to counter them, unless you have way to destroy their hand directly

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ive states in other threads i think the card that needs looked at is lingering essence . It boost his shadow energy and heals him. Whe. He has sever ties it means he can cast and retrive embers almost every turn. With longering essence he cant heal an OBNOXIOUS ammount and his shadow energy doesnt keep climbing. I think before development nerfs ember and makes jerry useless again lingering essence should be looked at. That might be the ley to balance.

As a side note when you couple it with the fact that if you try to flood the board he can just tidal wave or zails him a fattie it makes it very frustrating. And its bad for Jerry because he is auto loss against weapon strong heroes and mages and basically auto win vs ally strong heroes. Its the worst rock scissor paper by far.
    Last edited by The MiddleAgedNerd; 02-21-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My issue is that only Jericho can use it effectively. If it was to change I'd want it useable with every priest, even if it is still tailored slightly for Jerry
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I propose a fair trade; tone down Embers just a little, and in exchange give Jericho a new card....

"Scriptures of Annoyance" - 5 Durability: Eveytime opponent curses at you in chat, draw a card.

...This would help Jericho avoid having to be roommates with Darkclaw & Ter Adun in the retirement-home, playing old lady Bingo with other crazy old people

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This poll is going exactly where I expected and yes I tossed a vote

The 4th selection is the opposite of the first 3 so no matter how the votes get split it is still a "yes / no" poll (to use your words - those who have a problem with it and those who don't)

It was obvious beforehand that "The spammable ally control. I.e. it's defensive uses" was not the real issue

I'd venture that if "The fact that it is hard to interact with making me feel helpless against it." was not a choice all the votes it is siphoning off would go to choice one - either way add them together since they oppose the last choice

That is if you really want to narrow it down

Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    ...This would help Jericho avoid having to be roommates with Darkclaw & Ter Adun in the retirement-home, playing old lady Bingo with other crazy old people
    Hey they need friends too, not all heroes get to be top wolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    That is if you really want to narrow it down

I must say, good political analysis of the voting structure.

But if we really really want to narrow it down, it should be simplified as follows:

"What bothers you most about Embers?"

(A). Because I keep f*cking losing to that deck!

(B). Because I just took out my attachment removals before starting QM, thinking what are the chances I'll run into Jericho....D'oohhh!

(C). Embers is perfectly fine, because I use Embers Jericho!

#PrimitiveHonesty

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

What bothers you MOST about Embers of the Just?

My inputs if embers was ever going to be nerfed and yet ensuring that jerry is still playable:

1.Jerry will always be an 'attachment hate' hero. Which means he is already weak when facing against heroes that don't play attachments.

2. Embers is a card created so that his ability is still usable in any game.

3. A nerf to embers must also see in tandem a creation of other similar cards, I.e. When u remove it, it goes back to hand and has an effect. Such attachments can include cards that deal with abilities, allies, items, weapons, etc.