Close

View Poll Results: What (if anything) do you hate most about embers?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • The quick spammable damage to the hero. I.e. it's offensive uses

6 11.11%
  • The spammable ally control. I.e. it's defensive uses

0 0%
  • The fact that it is hard to interact with making me feel helpless against it.

30 55.56%
  • I don't have a problem with it.

18 33.33%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SL Osiris View Post
    I kinda got off topic but on the point of Jerry playing like zahanna. Due to her ability I consider zahanna a TANK she can and will out last you then use the priest late game to over run u because you've exhausted everything to kill her. Jerry can not tank u until he can rely on the priest strong late game. Furthermore her ability is useful against any hero or build since the point of the game is to get the other players health to zero. Jerry is at an automatic disadvantage against any deck that doesn't use attachment or status effects. Therefore he could never be on par with zahanna when it comes to T1 status. Does anybody remember Jerry before embers??? Yea......
    No ines talking about getting rid of it but we are talking about balancing it. Balance. Not exile. Its AWFUL to playa against. AWFUL.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    No ines talking about getting rid of it but we are talking about balancing it. Balance. Not exile. Its AWFUL to playa against. AWFUL.
    Which furthers my point that you can't make balance changes on play experience alone. Everyone's argument has nothing to do with balance and everything to do with the annoyance of the card. I agree the card is annoying but if we're doing balance changes and Nerf threads because it's annoying than there's a problem. Embers alone can not win a game I thought the purpose of balance changes and Nerfs was because a card gave to much of an unfair advantage. Without lingering essence (another card for Jerry that would've never been used without embers) embers is a fireball that can be used every 4 turns without another card to use in a combo and that's if a ally is on board. There are to many things that have to go right to effectively use this card as a win con.
    SL Osiris

HEADHUNTER OF THE LEGION
    I AM LEGION, FOR WE ARE MANY....MARK 5:9

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Every jerrybi play. Ast it almost every tirn. Sever ties and the attachment that gives him 3 health and 1 se make it a almost every turn card. It is as close to beat him with an ally deck as possible. Not sure if i ever have. And im good. Its not about annoying. Its about a negative experience and the fact that an allie driven deck which is 90 percent of them can almost never win against him. And with the great priest cards tidal banish elizabeth holy shielf healing touch its nearly impossible. Can be done but almost impossible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SL Osiris View Post
    Cuz without embers jerry would be dead!!! I dont wanna hear no irrelevant opinion on why he wouldnt be.
    A pure example of what I was talking about earlier, the embers myth makes serious damage! Not only blinds people to other tactics but also turns them inflexible to other players opinions!

Doom!
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The argument about Jeri being viable is not a good one. It really isn't important to have all heroes playable competitively, especially if the alternative is a powerful deck no one likes to play against.
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    It really isn't important to have all heroes playable competitively.
    I disagree with this statement. Otherwise, we can also make the statement that it isn't important if there's heroes that are autoloss to embers jeri.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    I disagree with this statement. Otherwise, we can also make the statement that it isn't important if there's heroes that are autoloss to embers jeri.
    It is not important.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    He would be played exactly like zhanna and shes tier one. It is a very bad exp to go up against and many pekple dislike it. People ask for nerfs to balance the game. Without balance it is a bad experience for people. There would be almost no difference in play style between jerry and zhanna. But somethjng has to be done about that card. Its very unpleasant to play against. The decelopers listen to the players. This is a good thing. They dont allways act but we have a voice. So settle down.
    slight difference - I've played that type of Jeri deck before. It's strong - as strong as Zhanna, but it has less tech, more SE based draw and more healing. You spend your resources doing slightly different things. As far as the idea that Jeri is dead without embers, that's not true at all. I was well over 300 with a non-embers Jeri in SF, and I'm sure I could do the same in LL if needed. Would I choose Jeri over Zhanna? That's a meta-call, but it's certainly viable.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another possibility is to completely change how the card works. Maybe Embers buffs an ally when cast on it and when it is targeted and destroyed, it buffs that ally even more and is returned to your hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Greetings

Long time player, long time match watcher, first time posting

Embers of the Just for me is a key card that makes Jerry playable, but itīs an annoying experience playing against it just because itīs really hard to deal with it. By itself I think is fine, but has too many synergies with other cards like Lingerie Essence, Divine Conection, Sever Ties, Incense of Atonement, Eriss... and all at the really cheap cost of 2 resources, so, What about changing its cost at something more... just? Maybe 3 or 4 to limit its usage per turn.

I donīt know but, Does anyone else think solo Jerry does too much damage with low cost cards? That is what bothers me about it