Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here is a great video that covers the bobwei amber I was talking about.

https://youtu.be/PYl_nhHzBUI

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    No longer any excitement about whos going to win. Its whoever gets that combo out first wins.
    Some decks are built around very powerful combos but these decks tend to be inconsistent and produce many blowouts. Either they find the combo and win, or draw the wrong half of the deck and lose.

There are a lot of these decks in the lower 200s. As you go higher, they pretty much disappear and are replaced by more consistent board control based decks that produce (subjectively) more interesting gameplay.

It's pretty much impossible to police though. Players will take the level of risk they are willing to subject themselves to. If they are happy winning less but pulling of their wombo combo, there's no stopping them.

What you can do is find a way to get into the upper 200s and play in a different metagame.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have some sympathy with Fristar ... There are a couple of cards that only exist for specific combos with specific heroes. Embers is a great example: it's not even a functioning card by itself - it's created specifically to do just that one thing with Jerry. This kind of combo (a trick if you like) is sad to play against.

LL introduced a few more of these (twilight synergies, aldmor moonstalker, lightning immunity nish) and these are both easy to play ("do the trick!") and sad to play against ("oh, he's done the trick..."). Predictable, and sometimes pointless to play against.

The latest patch has really balanced a lot of things - aldmor and twilight in particular - but locations are still really weird. Most I have never seen played. Some are crazy-everywhere-overused-overpowered. Still some work here on the basic mechanics IMO.

I have enjoyed Meltdown a lot more however - try that for a break. It allows real creativity, problem-solving and genuine combos.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Just pointless to waste my time and money any further on this game.
    Yet here you are doing just that. Recommendations? all ccg's have the same elements of issues, pro's and con's and it seems like you will root out the con's no matter what so nothing to recommend. But hey take care and good luck in your search.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    warriors cant deal with mages that freeze freeze freeze? never heard of smashing blow?

ive asked you a couple of times to come on telegram so you can talk with everyone about decks and strategy. you could of even posted here on the forum asking for advice.

but you dont want advice, you dont want help. you just want to complain. ive tried to be nice, at least with you. but we cant help you if you dont want to listen.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 02-19-2016 at 11:24 PM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I recomend you MTG lol pauper or Standard format are ... mmm "balanced"

Im playing MTG again becouse YOU and Mindy killed the last update with the spam of posts about OP new cards, and now shadow Era has returned to be the same game of allways with the same decks, same cards, same mechanics, and all the new ideas from LL has been removed/nerfed :v

Im not playing SE actually, cuz im a bit desapointed of the weak DT's conviction, so talking in serious, i recomend you just take a break (is what im doing) and come back maybe in few months to see if some nice change has returned the game to the fun challenge of diverse deck build ideas :v
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Here is a great video that covers the bobwei amber I was talking about.

https://youtu.be/PYl_nhHzBUI
    Ill take a look at it. Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bens View Post
    why not use those combos?
    win win
    Cause then the game would be even worse. I really cant see anyone having any fun with a deck is almost always going to win. Its not a win win, its a borring borring.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    I have some sympathy with Fristar ... There are a couple of cards that only exist for specific combos with specific heroes. Embers is a great example: it's not even a functioning card by itself - it's created specifically to do just that one thing with Jerry. This kind of combo (a trick if you like) is sad to play against.

LL introduced a few more of these (twilight synergies, aldmor moonstalker, lightning immunity nish) and these are both easy to play ("do the trick!") and sad to play against ("oh, he's done the trick..."). Predictable, and sometimes pointless to play against.

The latest patch has really balanced a lot of things - aldmor and twilight in particular - but locations are still really weird. Most I have never seen played. Some are crazy-everywhere-overused-overpowered. Still some work here on the basic mechanics IMO.

I have enjoyed Meltdown a lot more however - try that for a break. It allows real creativity, problem-solving and genuine combos.
    Excellent Idea, ill play more meltdown.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I suggest using those OP decks you're complaining about and get into the upper ratings where the players there are more knowledgeable on how to counter those decks. Then when you start losing to them, you might not think these decks are so OP and you'll get an idea what kind of decks counter these "OP" decks.