Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Deck choice and personality.

Have seen somewhere in the forum someone said that Jericho is played only by sociopaths. Maybe it was a joke, but it made me think about the subject. Why do players prefer one hero or tribe over others? Does it link to their personality? Not in a way like, for example, Serena players like stealing things, of course, but players that prefer control decks are nervous or players that like rush decks suffer from the lack of self confidence and so on.
    My favorite hero is Ythan. He is not the most successful hero, and perhaps because of it I like him even more. Maybe it is common for many women to like someone because he is a loser a little bit My farovite tribe is Twilights, because they are really passionate about their beliefs and it makes them strong. I have a lot of respect for such people in my real life. I prefer flexible decks, because nothing is as bad for me as feeling that I am stuck and can do nothing in the current situation. This also very much fits my personality.
    I really want to know what do you think about it. Do you have a favorite hero or tribe, and does it match your personality traits?

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like decks with sun blighted one. I figure thise little bottles on bis waist are tequilla and i love tequilla. I also love eating bananas which i why i prefer bazaar. Ever notice those bananas he has hanging up. And i like jasmine in all my decks because. ...well because she is jasmine. I also like burning stuff so i include furrion terror when possible. And puwen is a huge nerd so hes in my decks as well. And i agree anyone that plays embers jerichonis a raving sociopathic lunic and a danger to himself and others.
    Last edited by The MiddleAgedNerd; 02-18-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hopefully delay of game responds. I am sure he has some enlightening and well thought out analogies for us.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd say a player's personality IRL definitely factors into it somewhat. Which I don't know what that indicates about players who like to play Millstalker decks, lol.

For me though, I'd say I best like having control and strength. Not necessarily long game control like Priests (Priests are one of the classes I use least actually), but control to where I can hold the board with allies and establish a presence that my opponent can't get over. I don't like situations where I can't keep anything on the board, same with me IRL, don't like scenarios where I have no control.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was a sociopath cause i like jericho... I said was because now i play each and every hero. So schizophrenic is the new sentence...
    IGN: 17 paxvobiscum
    Telegram @paxvobiscu

1lluminati in 7enebris
    Shadow Era Italia
    http://se-italia.forumcommunity.net/

When I was Young I played better:
    https://se-italia.forumcommunity.net...entry412546954

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by paxvobiscu View Post
    I was a sociopath cause i like jericho... I said was because now i play each and every hero. So schizophrenic is the new sentence...
    You may play every hero, but you have some preferences, don't you?
    And I don't believe that playing Jericho is a sign of mental issues, I like him too, and I am not a sociopath, most of the time. It's also very interesting how people tend to interpret an opposite player's personality according to their playstyle or a hero choice.
    I see, that there is some wondering about personality of people who like Moonstalker, I think that they are just animal lovers and very shy...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly this is a great thread so im gonna reply sincerely . If you take the odds of winning and losing out inloke amber the best. But intend to play whatever deck im best and and wins me the most. Lol. Im loving caits vic right now. Moderate mid range control. And im good with it. But if im playing just for fun i pock amber or a shadow mage. I enjoy moonstalker alot but not millstalker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I use recurssion in almost all of my decks. I like moonstalker too, because he protects my allies. And on that same note, I've found that i have an affinity for gaderi: braxno citidel. Feel free to psychoanalyze that. Maybe I'm sadistic, and like making my opponent feel hopeless as they are unable to do much to me. Maybe I have a need to feel secure, and it comes out through hiding and putting my cards back in play. Maybe its all cooincidence and has nothing to do with my personality. The world may never know
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    control players are nervous - I think that almost describes me. I've got some perfectionist qualities and it makes me annoyed when I know that there's no way my deck could win a match. Aggro decks take the "most easy wins" approach, while control decks tend to take the "fewest auto-losses approach".
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm a good soccer player and I've learned through the years that usually one plays football the way he is in real life. I mean, generally, a selfish man tends to hold the ball rather than pass it to his teammates, or a honest guy tends to admit if he caused a penalty and so on. Likewise, in Shadowera, I choose the heroes that best suit my style, that means my way to be and to act in real life: solid presence and control over the wider range of situations, and I feel very unconfortable playing stall or iperaggressive decks. So I think you are quite right, and yes, I definitely hate Jericho and his shitty embers!
    IGN 17 Ecl1psE

Telegram @Ecl1psE17