Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hero ideas. This can (should) be done! Must read

I noticed that class specific cards don't say human or shadow so there is really no reason why we can't have cross alliance classes. Example:

Trolisus, The shrouded mystic
    Shadow Hero ¬ Priest
    3SE: Target opposing hero or ally takes 2 arcane damage. Then target friendly hero or ally heals 2 health.
    26 health

This is a shadow hero but with priest class. So it gains the iconic high priest ability (that shamefully has not be possible outside of meltdown) Sac Lamb. While true, that's a bad example. This hero could command the undead for instance, or corrupt some of the nobel Templars. Like any self respecting dark priest would. =)

Jacob, the runner up
    Human Hero ¬ Wulven
    3SE: Until the beginning of your next turn when a Wulven ally enters play or leaves play all friendly allies gain +1 attack and +2 health.
    "But Bella I love you!"
    His ability is good at launching a late game attack or preventing a blow out from a well positioned opponent.

Another idea would be duel class heros. The down side is you have to only play cards from their classes and any aligned locations. No neutral or aligned cards allowed. (Other than locations.) This decision about the locations was derived from they shouldn't miss out on where they fight, just how they fight.

Voracus Firepaw
    Shadow Hero ¬ Wulven Warrior
    (Only class specific cards and locations can be put into your deck)
    3SE: The next opposing ally that receives combat damage is poisoned, disabled, and set ablaze
    (take the average of the class healths)29
    This concept would allow for so much more diversity in the game. Above hero mentioned would be hard to kill due to all the "removal" of the two classes. You could pack a deck with Crippling Blow, Now Your Mine, Captured prey, 4/2 yari guy, etc.
    The balance comes from not being able to play the alignment cards. IE no Eternal Troll, Sac Lamb combo. Or whatever the new thing is going to be.

Here's another cross class hero.
    Albosist, the Purifier
    Human Hero ¬ Mage Priest
    (Only class specific cards and locations can be put into your deck)
    4SE: Return target ally to it's owner's hand, exile the top 3 cards in all opposing players graveyards, and target item loses 2 durability.
    Obviously this hero is very good at protecting herself. Gaining all the burn and removal of both classes would be huge, but think about all the cards you have to miss out on to do so. No Aldon, Priest of Light, Sandwurms, Tainted Oracle, etc

Note: Not every cross class has to be done. This previous example could possibly be too powerful for game balance purposes.

A combination of this leads to very unique possibilities that do not specifically belong to a class or alignment. Example:
    Zerkris, Hunter of Man
    Shadow Hero ¬ Rogue Hunter
    (Only class specific cards and locations can be put into your deck.)
    4SE: all opposing heros and allies lose all passive abilities until the beginning of your next turn. Then disable the opposing ally with the greatest attack.
    Last edited by Megatog201; 02-14-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've always wanted see shadow priests and rogues, and human wulvens and elementals. That I think could be done. Combining classes though might be a little much.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is actually a hero of multi classes. Cross shadow/human rogue/priest/wulven/elemental classes can easily run into unexpected balance issues since certain classes weren't designed to have human or shadow heroes in mind to begin with, so you have to look back into and test every possible combo to see if there will be any potential abuses and if there are any, you can't change any cards in the first two sets anymore since they are already set in stone.
    Last edited by Zyraquis; 02-14-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    A shadow preist of any kind would be over powered.
    Here be monster+plague
    Book of curses+grimghast
    Gravemonger+warped desert to recycle tidal waves, focused prayer, healing touch, etc.
    Focused prayer+cleric of asyn
    Devine connections+ravagers+resurection
    Zails hymn+ravagers
    All of the preist pool that uses shadow energy+Lo void leviathan
    Lakmir+wulven allies+all preist attachments

And if none of that scared you...all the ravager allies+embers of the just.
    Just stop and think about that one for a second....embers of the just alone in the shadow pool would be completely broken.

So...no, i dont think it's a good idea to make a shadow preist or human elemental. Even rogues would be broken in the shadow faction
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Here be monster+plague
    Book of curses+grimghast
    Gravemonger+warped desert to recycle tidal waves, focused prayer, healing touch, etc.
    Zails hymn+ravagers

Just stop and think about that one for a second....embers of the just alone in the shadow pool would be completely broken.

So...no, i dont think it's a good idea to make a shadow preist or human elemental. Even rogues would be broken in the shadow faction
    Why? Why do you need to come here with your well thought arguments and destroy the dreams of shadow priest?

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shadow priest would be cool. BUT would need restrictions. Embers would wreck it. I agree its a nice thought. But yeah could turn very ugly and op indeed. But a spooky evil satanic priest would be awesome. Have a 666 on his forhead and those scary upside stars tatooed everywhere.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Zaladar and elementalis had a fight and both struck a deathblow to each other and energy discharge resultant from their explosive disintegrations was absorbed by an innocent human who stumbled onto the elemental plane.

4 Se: 1 target ally/player takes 3 electrical damage and 1 friendly ally gains +1/+1.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Zaladar and elementalis had a fight and both struck a deathblow to each other and energy discharge resultant from their explosive disintegrations was absorbed by an innocent human who stumbled onto the elemental plane.

4 Se: 1 target ally/player takes 3 electrical damage and 1 friendly ally gains +1/+1.
    Well what the heck was he doing wandering around the elemental plane. Thats probably worst than a random new york alley. I bet hes praxis drug dealer. Prax seems like a sketchy dude anyways. Hes definatly junked up on something. Allways throwing shit away. Dont make sense that guy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Here be monster+plague
    Book of curses+grimghast
    Zails hymn+ravagers

That first section doesn't feel very threatening. Regrowing tidal waves kinda feels like Nish Nova to me. But there you have to deal with fireballs and lightning strikes rather than the potiential to regrow healing touches. Lol.
    Shadow already has a better resurrection in crypt.
    Priest attachments aren't that scary (save embers). I'll take on jewels all day over the elemental attachments.
    An argument could be made that embers is bad for the game as is anyways. Should we stiffle the entire game because of one card? Does anyone really enjoy Embers Jerrico? Nerf that single card and improve the game. I don't want this to become a hate this or that card. Just expanding the possibilities of the game.
    Btw right now you can make the same effect as monger desert focus prayer. Use desert and Splicer's Crown to bring back sorcerers. Then rather than having just one 6/6 that could be crippled you spread out the bonus.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What if there were a duel class... like a Warrior/Priest or Rogue/Hunter. That'd be interesting
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts