Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    Embers jerry is the worst kind of combo deck, the kind of deck that once you get your set-up against the right kind of deck (i.e. not mages, not card-stealing heroes), the game drags on for way too long with the opponent just sitting there being helpless and waiting to die.

That's regardless of whether the card is OP or not, but I do think it does too much with the infinite recursion.
    Thats the problem. Once the setup is there its very difficult if not possible to stop. And they can have rhe setup in 4 or 5 turns. Couple it with tidal wave holly shield and the healing card when yoj destroy an atrachment its pretty much impossible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Against Jericho just quit and don't waste your time. Everyone plays it the same way always with very little variation. No point in wasting your 20 minutes, when almost no one can stop it once setup

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Against Jericho just quit and don't waste your time. Everyone plays it the same way always with very little variation. No point in wasting your 20 minutes, when almost no one can stop it once setup
    The minute i see jerry i quit. I cant stand it. I dont even waste my time. I hate to say it but its true. Unless i have a mage then i just ounish him. Only hero i ever so that too. Whats that tell you. I evenplayed against twilights for the 3 weeks they were op. Not jerry. Waste of time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As a Jericho player I've been forced into playing aggro decks quite a few times just because the meta is too fast for him to keep up. People are too focused on how to counter embers, instead of focused on outplaying your opponent. Embers can be played around, and if you are seeing a lot of Jerry and you're losing, you should probably think about changing decks to suit the Mets a bit, perhaps choose a Mage, or any hero that has an alternate damage output (Zaladar, banebow, baduruu/any weapon based hero) or just get really aggressive and beat him in the early game. The answers are out there, but not everybody looks for them.
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    As a Jericho player I've been forced into playing aggro decks quite a few times just because the meta is too fast for him to keep up. People are too focused on how to counter embers, instead of focused on outplaying your opponent. Embers can be played around, and if you are seeing a lot of Jerry and you're losing, you should probably think about changing decks to suit the Mets a bit, perhaps choose a Mage, or any hero that has an alternate damage output (Zaladar, banebow, baduruu/any weapon based hero) or just get really aggressive and beat him in the early game. The answers are out there, but not everybody looks for them.
    I have never beat him with an aggro deck. Ever. Not once. You throw out small guys he tidals. Done. Then you build up your board turn six he starts in with the embers and healing shit. But if your a mage or a strong weapon hero its auto win. Its retarded both ways. Thats the problem. Its either overwhelming victory from the start or overwhelming loss from the start. There are no 2 ways around it. Wven if you anarchic looting he has backups in his deck and probably in his hand. Hes gonna carry an extra divine connection. Stupid.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I beat him with a Serena deck, also with any deck where Cinderborn is aplenty, or any weapon based deck, or any deck with super growing ally that he has to deal with only with a tidal wave. If you let me set up the perfect storm you deserve to lose since his game is very very predictable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyraquis View Post
    If you let me set up the perfect storm you deserve to lose since his game is very very predictable.
    Very true and he is totally predictable

Quote Originally Posted by Zyraquis View Post
    I beat him with a Serena deck, also with any deck where Cinderborn is aplenty, or any weapon based deck, or any deck with super growing ally that he has to deal with only with a tidal wave.
    Here you have inadvertently confirmed most everyones issue, granted you seem not to have any issue with Jembs:

Serena - many people already state this is one way to beat it

Cinderborn - many people already state mages do good vs it

weapon based deck - as in solo hero maybe? already stated as a good way to win

super growing fatties - well good vs just about any deck, er til it gets mind controlled or Coerced but yes this fits with the claims to "outplay" it

The first three are a small group (1 and 3 are interchangeable in fact) and the whole thing about Jembs is not so much how strong it is or not or if you can find a way to outplay or beat it but how completely annoying it is - which I think that title belongs solely to Prax and should most likely remain so. In all honestly I can't even take watching a Jembers match it's so predictable and that is the real issue with it's "predictability" - decks need to keep you guessing just a little more than this one, then again maybe all decks should be so predictable? that would be total fun I suppose ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    I have never beat him with an aggro deck. Ever. Not once. You throw out small guys he tidals. Done. Then you build up your board turn six he starts in with the embers and healing shit. But if your a mage or a strong weapon hero its auto win. Its retarded both ways. Thats the problem. Its either overwhelming victory from the start or overwhelming loss from the start. There are no 2 ways around it. Wven if you anarchic looting he has backups in his deck and probably in his hand. Hes gonna carry an extra divine connection. Stupid.
    I'd have to disagree with the part about it being one sided. Some cases yes, but every deck has good and bad matchups. I guess it all depends on the level of play you are at, but in tournaments, I've never really experienced a one sided game when I'm playing Jerry, or even against it. The times I've seen one sidedness is when against the hardest matchups (aggro, solo, burn etc) or when the opposing player is using a deck that's likely to be bad against most decks.

Personally my biggest issue with embers is that it's only really good for Jerry. I'd like to see it as a well rounded removal tool compatible with all priests if it were to change at all.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    Very true and he is totally predictable

Here you have inadvertently confirmed most everyones issue, granted you seem not to have any issue with Jembs:

Serena - many people already state this is one way to beat it

Cinderborn - many people already state mages do good vs it

weapon based deck - as in solo hero maybe? already stated as a good way to win

super growing fatties - well good vs just about any deck, er til it gets mind controlled or Coerced but yes this fits with the claims to "outplay" it

The first three are a small group (1 and 3 are interchangeable in fact) and the whole thing about Jembs is not so much how strong it is or not or if you can find a way to outplay or beat it but how completely annoying it is - which I think that title belongs solely to Prax and should most likely remain so. In all honestly I can't even take watching a Jembers match it's so predictable and that is the real issue with it's "predictability" - decks need to keep you guessing just a little more than this one, then again maybe all decks should be so predictable? that would be total fun I suppose ...
    Every deck has predictable turns, especially in SF. Rush Mage Kris>cinderborn>aldon etc

Most shadow decks Karash>garg>hulk

Jerry is just one of those decks that takes a lot of heat because one card is mechanically different to how other stuff works. Since lost lands came in, the meta has gotten a little bit slower with the focus being on turn 5 for a lot of the more powerful stuff, which is the environment a control deck thrives in. Nobody cared when the meta was all rush mages and elementals because nobody was playing Jerry cause it was trash, even I resorted to playing aggro for a couple of months because Jerry sucked hard, and I'm known for spending most of my time creating the perfect Jerry deck. Once people figure out he can still be beaten, things will probably die down agai and we'll be asking for something else to be nerfed
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    because one card
    could not have said it any better than that - true definition of predictable just like in the ole mtg days, never should it come down to just one card. Imagine if there was a lobotomy for SE - take Jerry's toy and he runs off crying