Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that's how it should be designed, every class had their own weak point and strong point. Wulven have two removal card for low cc ally, for high cc ally they have to get around it by maybe disabled them, using stealth, or play Tigerwulf. Warrior also have removal for high cc ally like Dragon Tooth and Yari Marksmen, it's just that you have to play strategically to make it effective, I think this is what makes Shadow Era really fun.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    So to be clear....you want a terrible card to be nerfed because it sometimes has a chance to beat warriors and wulven decks? They DID over nerf garina. A lot. But lets pretend for a moment that the current garina really could beat a warrior and wulven deck every time. Just to pretend. It loses to all other decks, but those two classes ot has in the bag. You are now saying that the card is overpowered and should be nerfed, because it will win against 2 classes. It doesnt matter if its beaten to a pulp by every other class every time without fail, its still overpowered. You do understand that that is how most things work right? Certain decks are just going to have hard times beating certain other decks. In reality, warriors and wulven decks DONT lose to garina every time. I'd love to speak from personal experience, but garina was nerfed so badly i havent even SEEN a deck using it yet in order to GIVE personal experience. What exactly do you wish for them to do to the card, make the opposing ability "at the start of your turn, draw 7 cards. All cards cost you 0cc to play"

I think youll be quite saddened to know that garina is only going to get buffed, because it's not good in its current state. I understand thst your only reason for complaining is just because you hate locations and want them gone, but how exactly is that fair for anybody else?
    Your thinking and logic is very selfish, wishing for this entire card type to be removed from the game just so you dont have to deal with it. How many other people who are having fun with them have to give all that up just to please you?

Were some locations over powered? Yeah. Are any overpowered right now? Hard to say, more data is needed. Will locations keep getting reworked until they are balanced? Of course!! But you dont want them balanced, you want them gone! Most of the other people in the shadow era community have many times said they enjoy locations, but you arent concerned with what the majority enjoy, you stick to the selfish notion of "but I hate it, so remove it".

The only thing i can agree on is on wulvens policy of not changing older sets. I'm not calling for an overhall of the physical cards, but some rebalancing of the older cards would be nice. No nerfs, just buffs. But aside from that, i find your way of thinking to be very disagreeable, and i would advise you think about other people when you are throwing around these essentric complaints.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is mainly Garina that I hate. The entire concept of the card was a bad idea.
    Dropping high cost cards for 3 every single turn.
    It breaks one of the fundamentals of this game, and Im tired of playing with it.

Im tired of people using it all the time for such a big benefit. Makes this game pointless. I see it at least 1 of 3 games, cost of 3 everyturn dropping high end allies for nothing. Its stupid and makes me hate playing this game. If I didn't spend money and invest my time on this game I would have already quit from the crap. I am done recommending this game to others, no more.
    Last edited by Fristar; 02-08-2016 at 04:55 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what fundamental of the game does it break? the point of the game is to make the best deck you can and play it the best way you can utilizing 40 cards (or more) to their best effect to win.

and you see it in 1 of every 3 games? really? the card sucks now, i dont know why anyone is using it and i havent seen it in a couple of days, maybe 3. i ran into 3 right after the update and then 1 after and thats it.

please, come on telegram and let us help you out because i really do not undetrstand why you hate facing this particular card so much. we can play a couple of games, others can help too and play you. i will even use garina against someone else (or they can use it while i play them) and you can watch. it really is a crap card now.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    havent seen anyone using this location in 3.12...
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've seen it only once in 3.12. It is not really used anymore.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fristar, there is simple reason why still see Garina as OP, while this is more of a suicide card now (I wish every opp would play Garina).

This is not meant as a offense, but I watched about 30 games of you (3.11 Ele mostly) and what I can say from that are two things - the deck that you were playing was mediocre at best, and you make terrible mistakes. Don't take this personally, but you're style shows you got much to learn, this is ok, I've been were you are almost two years where I would play a game or two a day and didn't care much for deckbuilding or strategy. For me it was the videos of Bob & Sam trolling it up which showed me, that I played totally wrong, for example I never considered not sacrificing in T4. Now, what I am trying to say, is that you lack the skills & knowledge and therefore your arguments are kind of weak (I've seen you cast infinity core in T2 in Ele deck, use Thriss assualt plint when maybe only 50% of your allies are ravager). Not knowing how and why things work makes you think some cards are too strong.

Now back to Garina, if you cast it now what you give to your opp is same effect as Blood Frenzy (which is one of the top draw engines) without health loss penalty and -1 casting cost to all cards, which is a effect you don't get from any other card in the game. The key to victory in this game is to have deck which can deal with all threats. No extra draw and casting bonuses will help you if you don't have the right cards in your deck, which might be your case. I personally can't imagine a way how would current Garina beat any of my decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My client might be bugged then cause whenever I run into it I never receive an extra card. Ill have to try uninstalling and reinstalling. Sais I am fully updated.
    Last edited by Fristar; 02-08-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    Fristar, there is simple reason why still see Garina as OP, while this is more of a suicide card now (I wish every opp would play Garina).

This is not meant as a offense, but I watched about 30 games of you (3.11 Ele mostly) and what I can say from that are two things - the deck that you were playing was mediocre at best, and you make terrible mistakes. Don't take this personally, but you're style shows you got much to learn, this is ok, I've been were you are almost two years where I would play a game or two a day and didn't care much for deckbuilding or strategy. For me it was the videos of Bob & Sam trolling it up which showed me, that I played totally wrong, for example I never considered not sacrificing in T4. Now, what I am trying to say, is that you lack the skills & knowledge and therefore your arguments are kind of weak (I've seen you cast infinity core in T2 in Ele deck, use Thriss assualt plint when maybe only 50% of your allies are ravager). Not knowing how and why things work makes you think some cards are too strong.

Now back to Garina, if you cast it now what you give to your opp is same effect as Blood Frenzy (which is one of the top draw engines) without health loss penalty and -1 casting cost to all cards, which is a effect you don't get from any other card in the game. The key to victory in this game is to have deck which can deal with all threats. No extra draw and casting bonuses will help you if you don't have the right cards in your deck, which might be your case. I personally can't imagine a way how would current Garina beat any of my decks.
    wait - he's playing on 3.11? So that's the pre-nerfed version of it. Guys, just a general thought - if you're playing on an older version of the game, complain about the slow update - not about the nerf that already happened for everyone else. No?
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    wait - he's playing on 3.11? So that's the pre-nerfed version of it. Guys, just a general thought - if you're playing on an older version of the game, complain about the slow update - not about the nerf that already happened for everyone else. No?
    I have been playing with the newer version. Something must have been bugged. After uninstall and reinstall Garina now gives a card. Not sure what happened to cause it.