Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i get giddy when a garina gets cast by my opponent. garina is now much better for the opponent. you draw 2 and everything costs 1 less. and you still have whatever else you have for draw. i not only always win against it now, i make them rage quit 2 or 3 turns after they play it. its really a dead card and i dont know why anyone is still using it. i ran into 3 garina decks a coupel of days ago after the nerf. all 3 played garina turn 5, cast a nathan and got another fatty out. and i was laughing, haha. one got an ancient of aldmor out, the other got a viska out and i cant remember what the third got out. 2 of them quit, 2 turns later and the other quit 3 turns later. i havent seen garina since then.

and isfine if some cards from the older sets disappear. but other cards from the older sets have started being used. like Lyra Blackrose. i started using that in a rogue deck, posted it on the forum and i am seeing other people using it here and there. its a GREAT tech card for this new meta. lo Void Leviathan, NO ONE used this card and now it is seeing a lot of play.

Fristar, are you on telegram? if not, come. talk to all of us. practice against us. there are tons of people on telegram from all over SE willing to help. look at the leaderboards: http://www.shadowera.com/content.php?146-Rankings a big portion of those people are on telegram. and how often do you see them complaining about cards (except Bob Ross ). so come join us. we are not going to try to convince you of anything with talk, let us show you with play and decks.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I got a game the other guy kept pumping out Nathaniel once even pulled an Aeon with him. I still won don't know how. the non controlling effect allows the opponent responds fast and furious as well unless he has some bad draw or deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Just played a Lance with Garina every single turn for cost of 3 he was dropping an Oliver, Nathaniel or Vaska.
    Yes there are counters but not when the whole deck he's playing with is nothing but fatties.
    Garina's nerf did help but it wasn't enough, it had nothing to do with lances ability, just the fact that he could summon 3 or so fatties a turn to fight with is what makes me dislike playing ShadowEra.
    Once garina is placed, it should have a duration on the card for like 3 turns or something. Not just sit there until game is over.
    And yes this is another post about Garina but I didn't feel like finding the other ones.

I used to love this game but it is only getting worse. One of the ways to fix it is to break up the obvious combos causing so many problems.
    And fix what heroes should be able to use what allies: this is causing a lote of problems with the game.

Mages using Twilights? should be warriors only or something. Mages already get homoculus.
    More instances of this throughout the hero's and allies.

DMG output for little cost:
    Ex : wulven or warrior heroes cant kill anything above lvl 5 with a card however look at what elementals have, mages, rouges etc. They all can cast wide spread damage, focus damage, instant death cards, and also use all the same allies without any penalties which makes some heroes that cant have that many options obsolete.
    The heroes and allies need to rebalanced.

Also refusal to update or change any cards from previous sets makes no sense. This game is evolving with new sets coming out however it then makes a lote of cards useless from previous sets. If you went back and changed the cards the proper alignments, electrical dmg or fire dmg where it should be to match current SE gameplays with newer cards, then the game could run more smoothly without obsolete cards after every update. The game is changing so the game play from previous cards should make sense with it.

There are only a few decks capable of winning any high levels anymore and if you don't use them then you might as well find a different game to go play. Yes people reading this will argue but out of the how many heroes its only a small few of them that get anywhere.

The fundamentals of the game are you have to pay the proper cost to get the desired dmg or affect, recent release seems to ignore this.

If I didn't remember what this game used to be like and the fun it was where you had good matches with many turns, board swings, not knowing if your going to win or lose I would have quit this game already and found somewhere else to spend my money. Now its oo you kill a card its back alive, draw 4 cards everything turn, sacrifice the same card five times for five different buffs etc. Game used to be a lote more fun to play.
    I get that it could be possible for Gardinia to be hard to play against, but please do so more accurately. A newer person gets the wrong impression of the game.

There is no one dropping 3 fatties a turn as you said. They can't even get to two fatties a turn until they get up to 8 resources which is pretty late in the game. Yes , Nathaniel could get lucky and do it once before then.

Also every warrior has access to Dragons Tooth which kills any ally 5cc and above. You said they can't kill level 5 or above with a single card. Wulven do have captured prey for only 3cc, it is not as good as killing for sure, but they are not completely defenseless either.

I'd also like to agree with the post saying several cards that didn't see any play are starting to see play now. That is great news.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think garina is weak, just think people are using it too early - playing it like it was pre nerf. as stated, you can play multiple fatties with 8cc and the opp starts to move quickly after using it. So, why not use it as a late game finisher when you can start playing multiple fatties at a time?
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    I don't think garina is weak, just think people are using it too early - playing it like it was pre nerf. as stated, you can play multiple fatties with 8cc and the opp starts to move quickly after using it. So, why not use it as a late game finisher when you can start playing multiple fatties at a time?
    Because you have to last until turn 8. So, you can either build a deck that can last into turn 8, or you can build a deck that can utilize garina, but you'd be wasting your time if you Try to build a deck that does both
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well if some genius finds a way to break it, great...if it winds up being a card for Timmy players to have some non-competitive fun with, great...if it winds up never being used, it'll get changed eventually. In the meantime we can all enjoy the game for a bit.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Because you have to last until turn 8. So, you can either build a deck that can last into turn 8, or you can build a deck that can utilize garina, but you'd be wasting your time if you Try to build a deck that does both
    Garina lance is a near copy of power ranger lance with just some garina added. power ranger lance has no issue lasting late.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    while i havent played against any garina since the nerf i can understand that some heroes still struggle against it because not everyone can have efficient ally removal like tidal waves or transmog curse. and even if they do they will still lose tempo and cards trying to deal with the fatty. i still think it should be balanced so that you cant use the ability if you aleady have a fatty on the board. that way they can also nerf the enemy ability and make it more balanced for both players.
    It needs to have a counter effect of a draw per turn along with its current one.
    Currently if ur not a mage ele or rouge theres just nothing you can do.
    Game Fristar vs Doukasiteruz3
    Watch that and pretend the card isnt complete bullcrap.
    If i had an extra draw from a garina counter then it would be alote fairer, otherwise the card needs to be just gone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can't find your games against Doukasiteruz3 or any other user named Doukasiteruz3, however I did find your other games against user with Garina Lance named Jeosanint. IMO in that games you actually had better chances of winning if you attack directly the heroes instead of trying to dispose every fatty he trows at you, since he doesn't look like have way to deal with stealthed ally.

I checked user Jeosanint also and I see that his Garina Lance doesn't always win the games even if they don't bring Groundshift or their own location
    Last edited by Rajawali; 02-08-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My point is that its not every game however that it hurts more than most.
    The heroes that most play have a board wipe or instant kill card.
    Rouge, Priests, Elementals, Mages have board wipes or instant kill cards to help solve there loss of control to start over.
    Wulven Warrior do not have anything but cripple or retreat. Cripple is a lote weaker now after recent attachement movers and overrides.
    The nerf did help but more needs to be done as well. Its better to over nerf a card and bring it back slowly to fit in then under nerf it and people just stop playing because of frustration that nothing changes.
    Same with older cards, makes no difference if theres physical cards out there, nothing to do with digital play. Digital play should be updated no matter how old the card is to fit with the game that the developers claim is always changing. Personally I have introduced people to joining this game, they have all bought packs etc on the store, spent there money but the recent addition just makes us want to quit, with no more further recommendations for the game.
    I want to see the game back to what a lot of use loved to play, not games over in 3 turns after abuse of OP cards, locations for nothing, etc.
    Locations also force the players into certain ways of playing, there is no versatility with them.
    ALSO I will ignore anyone that sais more cards are coming for this release, nothing should have been released if it wasn't with the rest of the cards.