Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I dont really understand what rotation is, but it sounds bad/not pleasant. From what I'm peicing together, certain cards just wont be allowed to be used at certain times of a year? That sound horrible. I'll wait for clarification before i start ranting though
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    I dont really understand what rotation is, but it sounds bad/not pleasant. From what I'm peicing together, certain cards just wont be allowed to be used at certain times of a year? That sound horrible. I'll wait for clarification before i start ranting though
    It means that only the latest X sets are valid. Say X = 4, which would mean that only the last 4 sets are valid. We have have CotC, DP, SF and now LL. So under a rotation system, once set 5 comes out, cards from CotC would become invalid - i.e. you build your decks without those cards.

This wouldn't work so well for SE, as those are sort of the 'base' set which still provides many of the standard components of the build. New sets would need to replace these to a certain extent. MTG plans it in this way, so if (say) a core ally drops out of the rotation, the new set might have a similar ally in to fill that gap. Makes people continue to buy new cards - in SE, once you have all the cards, you're done. In MTG, those collections become useless in standard play after a few years (there are other formats that allow those cards).

Now, I would certainly be in favour of a new format (like Meltdown is a different format) whereby you can create a deck using only one set, and play other decks from that set. That would be fun. But as a variation rather than standard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ok, thank you for that explanation.
    And with that...i say it sounds like a horrible plan, at least for shadow era. As a deck builder, i find the most joy in finding different ways to use all the cards. I'm not opposed to contstrained game modes being added of course...i enjoy playing OM's in pokemon after all. But I'd only be for that if they were optional game modes, seperate from the main ladders and such. Like a game mode that only allows common cards, or one that only allows for 3cc and under cards (ban yahari from this game mode, would he too op.) but adding a set rotation to the core of the game sounds terrible, and removes so much from the game. Though to be honest, i highly doubt it would happen. It doesnt seem like something shadow era could even do, so I'm not actually very worried about it. Those other game modes though...those could be fun.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox