Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Small cleverly named ravager ally

<insert ravager like name here>
    2cc
    Shadow ally-ravager
    1attack 2health
    When ______ is summoned, target hero or ally takes 1 damage.

Alrighty, so...obvious synergies should be obvious. He can be used as an offensive ping damage ally, to deal a bit of damage to an enemy on summons. Good for the likes of banebow, who might need that 1 additional damage to kill off that pesky opponent. Or it can be used against the opposing hero, so it can be used in those ping decks.
    However, it also has plenty of ways to help yourself out by targetting your own allies. At 2cc, it becomes a cost effective way of damaging another ravager ally the same turn it was summoned, to benefit from Asyn. Plus all the other ravager synergies from damaging yourself.

And lastly you do have the option to target your own hero. Currently the only benefit from doing this is with twice enchanted robes ( we're still waiting for those thrice enchanted robes btw) but lets be honest, nobody uses that. Though i suppose if you're in a bind, and only have 1hp left...you could always steal from your opponent the satisfaction of dealing the final blow themselves.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm pretty sure for haste like damage effect for a 2cc you will need to have 1 health, especially if this can go to hero. Thinking Frostmare comparison

you are bound and determined to get ravagers a self damaging mechanic
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I like it and it does indeed cover one important aspect that is the abilty to ping your own allies. Thumbs up!
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    My beloved frostmare is an interesting character to mention. He originally was 2 health. Also there is a 1cc haste ally that has 1/1 stats, kristopher wyld. Regardless, haste and damage are a bit different kn the balancing spectrum, as hasted allies can have their damage boosted by attachments, shard of power, etc. While on summons ability damage can only be increased with raika and aural batery.
    The last note is that ravagers comonly have high health, and lower attack values. Though admitadely, 2 health isnt exacting high
    Shadow of the Night
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Small cleverly named ravager ally

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    My beloved frostmare is an interesting character to mention. He originally was 2 health. Also there is a 1cc haste ally that has 1/1 stats, kristopher wyld. Regardless, haste and damage are a bit different kn the balancing spectrum, as hasted allies can have their damage boosted by attachments, shard of power, etc. While on summons ability damage can only be increased with raika and aural batery.
    The last note is that ravagers comonly have high health, and lower attack values. Though admitadely, 2 health isnt exacting high
    I would normally agree with you in general that ravagers have high health, however, the hasted/aggressive portion of the alignment (Zealot/Crucible) are lower in the health department and I would think this guy fits more in that pie of the alignment. Haste and ability damage are going to be different for sure, your examples for haste vs than targeting ability damage (which can bypass stealth and prevent retaliation damage). Frostmare and Krygon both have had 2hp at one time but are currently sitting at 1 hp for a reason. Krygon loss the ability to target other Krygon so they could not buff each other. I think similarly this would be the case for this guy as a 2cc ally. At 2cc 1/1 he would still serve his purpose in a Self Pain deck but would not be able to target other copies of himself.

EDIT: he could be a 2/1 also as an interesting choice to increase aggressive stats
    Last edited by Buqs; 02-03-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    I would normally agree with you in general that ravagers have high health, however, the hasted/aggressive portion of the alignment (Zealot/Crucible) are lower in the health department and I would think this guy fits more in that pie of the alignment. Haste and ability damage are going to be different for sure, your examples for haste vs than targeting ability damage (which can bypass stealth and prevent retaliation damage). Frostmare and Krygon both have had 2hp at one time but are currently sitting at 1 hp for a reason. Krygon loss the ability to target other Krygon so they could not buff each other. I think similarly this would be the case for this guy as a 2cc ally. At 2cc 1/1 he would still serve his purpose in a Self Pain deck but would not be able to target other copies of himself.

EDIT: he could be a 2/1 also as an interesting choice to increase aggressive stats
    Hmm...yes, he could become a 2/1. It would be the first ally since dark flayer to have those stats. His exact stats werent as important as the on summons ability and the lower cost. Originally i was going to make it 1cc 1/1, but after thinking it through i decided that that was a bit too powerful, so 2cc 1/2 was better.

I need to come up with a name for him though. Any ideas?
    Shadow of the Night
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    For name I suggest Bloodstone Devout, based on Bloodstone Altar artifact.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mortification Devotee
    EveryThing Changes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    For name I suggest Bloodstone Devout, based on Bloodstone Altar artifact.
    I like that one. I think I'll probably go with that one
    Shadow of the Night
    Greatness, Reborn