Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hero tiers in LL 3.12

I know it's still early, but what are people's senses of the current hero tiers?

Tier 1 - Always competitive
    -These are heroes that are adaptable to any meta or setting. They may have weak matchups but will have very few auto-losses in well constructed decks. The classic example is Zaladar - in prior releases you could make Zaladar competitive in nearly any meta.

Tier 2 - Competitive most of the time
    -These are heroes that are generally solid, they may do very well in the right meta, but will have enough bad matchups or auto-losses that they are difficult to count on in all settings. An example from SF is Threbin, who was very good with certain matchups, but less consistent than most tier 1 heroes.

Tier 3 - Can be competitive
    -These heroes can be good, but require specific meta-games to perform consistently. Logan is a good example of this, as he has often struggled in quick match, but has been used through SF to win tournaments.

Tier 4 - Not competitive
    -These heroes have too many bad matchups to do well consistently. They're not necessarily hopeless, but just have enough weak matchups that you wouldn't really count on them to win you a game. If you're winning tournaments with these heroes or rated above 300 in quick match, people should be impressed. I good example from SF might be Ter Adun.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oooh I like this thread topic...

I'm going to jump straight to Tier-4 (non-competitive) Heroes: Darkclaw and Rothem. You listed Ter Adun, but I don't even know who he is...is he an actual hero in game??...I thought he was just a myth, i.e. stories we tell young children about who NOT to pick as their Hero when they grow-up.

Tier-1 : Moonstalker. He's like a diamond, it's Forever.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's likely too early to tell, especially given the balance changes just hit. Though I have my suspicions that good heroes in prior releases remain good heroes and vice versa.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh Come on guys, nobody took the bait. Ill just have to take one for the team then.

Armoek's 3.12 Tier List

Tier 0.

Gravebone - After many Knowledgeable and experienced players branded poor Gravebone with the Scarlet Tier 0 - he has been stuck in tier purgatory and is unlikely to be moved until some brave soul can make a case for his tier to change.
    Last edited by Armoek; 02-11-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This thread need bump

I've been playing a lot of times and I see that these Heroes is rarely played on the 280+ ranking, so either these guys tier 3 or 4 :

Ter Adun, Rothem, Darkclaw, Bloodfang, Nishaven, Raikka

While for the other is either tier 1 or 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I'm ready to start my list now. Note this is really just quick impressions - and I want to point out that my Tier 2 and Tier 1 are very close together. Most of the things in Tier 2 I would really consider a 1.5 or so.

Tier 1 - Zhanna, Jericho, Vess, Zaladar, Majiya, Victor, Banebow, Baduruu, Moonstalker, Garth, Loest, Gwen (?)

Tier 2 - Threbin, Amber, Serena(?), Lance, Ythan, Aramia, Eladwen, Dark Claw, Boris, Elementalis, Praxix(?), Gravebone

Tier 3 - Nishaven, Logan, Bloodfang, Skervox, Raikka

Tier 4 - Ter Adun, Rothem
    Last edited by bobrossw; 02-10-2016 at 04:51 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!