Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Location, Location...

Through excessive gentrification and lavish spending, I have become a real-estate tycoon, of Foil Location cards.

But it almost looks the same. I had to rub my eyes and I think I saw some squiggly-lines (but not sure if it's because I rubbed my eyes too hard or from prior nights excessive drinking). But that's the foil version??

The problem is the plain Locations already look very nice & shiny, so Foil looks almost identical.

How am I supposed to strike fear in the hearts of my opponents if they can't tell I have a Foil Location?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've yet to see one but I can imagine they don't have as drastic of a difference compared to the rest of the cards. However, the location cards would look rather ugly if they had the usual text boxes for each side as there would be very little room for the art.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    Through excessive gentrification and lavish spending, I have become a real-estate tycoon, of Foil Location cards.

But it almost looks the same. I had to rub my eyes and I think I saw some squiggly-lines (but not sure if it's because I rubbed my eyes too hard or from prior nights excessive drinking). But that's the foil version??

The problem is the plain Locations already look very nice & shiny, so Foil looks almost identical.

How am I supposed to strike fear in the hearts of my opponents if they can't tell I have a Foil Location?
    Do a couple shots and see if it looks different

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've noticed with foil locations is that they don't seem to have the same masking out on the artwork that most cards have, like where the central character stands out more than the background. That would make them look much better. Maybe doing that for locations is just a work in progress.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    I've noticed with foil locations is that they don't seem to have the same masking out on the artwork that most cards have, like where the central character stands out more than the background. That would make them look much better. Maybe doing that for locations is just a work in progress.
    Or perhaps its a basic artistic choice - locations are landscapes, allies are portraits...
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just gonna throw this idea out there... I think one solution is to re-do the artwork: plain Locations should show ghetto squalor with characters unable to pay rent in the background. My Foil version can show a fancy castle up in the gated-community hills, with its own private-security patrol circling around in the background. And with "Vote Donald Trump" flyers on the property

@MiddleAgedNerd - dude, I posted this thread after I already had a couple shots. Location looked the same.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    is it possible for locations to produce a wow effect around Playmats to create an atmosphere. Because it's true, the locations are missing a bit of flavor and it is impossible to see anything in center of tray. even for foils.

P.S. I have a lot of fun to follow you on the forum.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    Just gonna throw this idea out there... I think one solution is to re-do the artwork: plain Locations should show ghetto squalor with characters unable to pay rent in the background. My Foil version can show a fancy castle up in the gated-community hills, with its own private-security patrol circling around in the background. And with "Vote Donald Trump" flyers on the property

@MiddleAgedNerd - dude, I posted this thread after I already had a couple shots. Location looked the same.
    Maybe you didnt have enough shots? I do like the ghetto idea. Maybe a new york alleyway location.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pasdev View Post

P.S. I have a lot of fun to follow you on the forum.
    D.O.G. is the best thing on these forums. Him, cait and bob ross.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I've yet to see one but I can imagine they don't have as drastic of a difference compared to the rest of the cards. However, the location cards would look rather ugly if they had the usual text boxes for each side as there would be very little room for the art.
    For give u a idea to you and everyone in context to the thread:

In zoom view, the rainbow shine in backgraund is apreciable by the cinematic move in the card.

Example 1:

Example 2:

But In general for little view (No Zoom = no cinematic move in foil)

In 3 cases... this don't look like a "Foil" awesome/exclusive version xD
    Maybe Foils should have the same zoom style without border.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.