Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exiling, locations

Since I began to play deck, based on "exile", i form some questions.

Yahari: Valley of Doom (3SE: All allies with cost 3 or less are exiled. // 2SE: Draw 2 cards and take control of this location.)
    Racksul: Warped Desert (0SE: The next card to be exiled this turn is placed in your hand. // 2SE: Draw a card from each player's deck.)
    Soul Reaper (Remove all ally cards in your graveyard from the game. Your hero heals 2 damage for each card removed.)
    Void Wretch (Steadfast. While there are at least 3 locations in play, Void Wretch costs 3 less resources to summon. When a card is exiled, all opposing heroes take 1 damage. 0SE: The active location is exiled.)
    Rotling (When Rotling is summoned, you may exile (remove from the game) target ally in a graveyard and Rotling gains +1 base attack and +1 health.)

1. I've Racksul. I used its 0SE ability. Than played Yahari and used it's 3SE ability on several allies in play. What will be?

2. Is exileremoved from the game? If "yes" than why Soul Reaper doesn't work with Void Wretch?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    1. Not sure but my guess is that Racksul is no longer in play so no effect there. Yahari will exile the allies and that's it.

2. No, remove from the game is not the same as exile. Soul reaper is one rare case, it's an old card (1st set) and exile wasn't a thing back then. If it did exile it would be way too OP with void wretch :P
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    1. The ability of a location only works when it's the active location on the top of the stack.
    2. When something is exiled, it should be removed from the game, but there are other card effects that remove from the game which are not exiling.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks, now I understand

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    1. The ability of a location only works when it's the active location on the top of the stack.
    2. When something is exiled, it should be removed from the game, but there are other card effects that remove from the game which are not exiling.
    awe thats a shame, soul reaper. void damage bomb
    TJ Burn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah...another card thay sadly does not include the word exile; eternal renewal. It would be really nice to combo that with warped desert to gain the card back and just eternally use it
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox