Close

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

suggestion for scriptures of the departed

So after multiple post about twilights and how they are broken i have been playing them for a couple weeks. I wanted to see how they work and what exatly is the problem. I will admit it is broken. However one nerf i am worried will wreck them and that is the scriptures nerf. Twilights have a major weakness. They are weak. With the exception of warden and champion they dont have any hard hotting allies and the ones they do die in a turn. They need cards. Most thier allies are 1 to 3 attack. So in thinking this over i came a realization. Make scriptures like other draw engines in the game that work well but are not broken. The thiefs wpuld be a great example. If it was 4cc like ill gotten gains aramia couldnt pull it for free. And if it gave you a card each time one dies that would essentially be the same as IGG. Just in reverse. A twilight dies you get a card. Almost the same card inly backwards. The other would be 2cc and act like hit list. A twilight dies you get two cards and it goes away. I think mirrored versions of IGG and hitlist would be fair for twilights and nerf at the same time. Discuss.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    not IGG more like wrath of the forest
    Ebeoph
    There is a single moment where....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you are using that word broken nothing is broken, use OP please

and scriptures is fine, still a great draw engine. ill take the new version that is coming for elementalis any time. or any other hero. they can still flood the board. they have so much draw available to them. no other tribe has their own draw engine (i think) and they have 2. they have 2 seek options. one from an ally and one from their land. then add in all the great human draw they could have (SHADOW SERIOUSLY needs some great draw options for them). then add in any draw their hero class can give them.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    (SHADOW SERIOUSLY needs some great draw options for them).
    ^ Yea!! I concur. Shadow have feelings too, and needs more love.

As for Scriptures, mine already averages 10-billion durability in most matches.

Actually, we should make the ally-board section bigger...my Twilights are getting too cramped...it's like a big orgy out there...we need more elbow room....

See what I mean?...

image.jpg

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    you are using that word broken nothing is broken, use OP please

and scriptures is fine, still a great draw engine. ill take the new version that is coming for elementalis any time. or any other hero. they can still flood the board. they have so much draw available to them. no other tribe has their own draw engine (i think) and they have 2. they have 2 seek options. one from an ally and one from their land. then add in all the great human draw they could have (SHADOW SERIOUSLY needs some great draw options for them). then add in any draw their hero class can give them.
    Undead have tombstone beacon. Templars have to an extent scriptures of rightiousness and sisilo. Wulven has traitor. But twilights have scriptures of the departed, eidilon, and 2 seek engines if you count that. So its clear they have the most draw...and the only fair option is to give undead 3 more draw engines to compete. I'll settle with 2 though.
    And I'm sure many people agree that ravagers probably shouldnt see their own draw engine any time soon...
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Undead have tombstone beacon. Templars have to an extent scriptures of rightiousness and sisilo. Wulven has traitor. But twilights have scriptures of the departed, eidilon, and 2 seek engines if you count that. So its clear they have the most draw...and the only fair option is to give undead 3 more draw engines to compete. I'll settle with 2 though.
    And I'm sure many people agree that ravagers probably shouldnt see their own draw engine any time soon...
    But twilights are disposable, i think for that they have more draw, the rest of you mentioned remain in board, do not commit suicide :v
    But im 1000% agree that Ravagers don't need too a Tribe Draw, they frecuently are in warrior decks, and warrior have a good draw power. But in general shadow.. i think ye, they are going week in draw power vs the new cards in human side. Too much seek helps too in refill hand. And i don't see seek or new draw in Shadows

Even.. i think that Undead Draw is weak... really weak vs other draw cards.
    With Eidolon, Scriptures (both, twilight and arcane), Wulven traitor... etc. Look like Beacon should be a 2cc card ._.
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-31-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
    not IGG more like wrath of the forest
    Better than WotF because it is harder to remove.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    oops, you are right, i forgot about beacon. and i should of added scriptures of rightiousness to twilight too ( :O ) forgot sisilo but its iffy to me. wulven traitor isnt really draw for wulven. its for non wulven wulven haha.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory