Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bland cookie cutter iWin decks - Aldmor made it worse.

Guarantee you I'm not the only one that noticed. The card-draw engines, recycles, etc. Not only makes an opponents turn (even when they're continually active) take ages, and it's all over.

I'm familiar with this game. I believe I first downloaded the app in 2012.

/discuss

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i already said this when the update was released. hopefully after the next update people can start discussing aldmor. its not as broken as twilight or garina but there needs to be some balance changes for sure.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. Thanks for giving your feedback, Nezakhan. Some examples of the decks you're referring to would be useful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezakhan View Post
    Guarantee you I'm not the only one that noticed. The card-draw engines, recycles, etc. Not only makes an opponents turn (even when they're continually active) take ages, and it's all over.

I'm familiar with this game. I believe I first downloaded the app in 2012.

/discuss
    Playgame for review or something? O.o
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aldmor is pretty frustrating. I agree. Not a fan. After garina and twilight i feel aldmor should be the next balance change.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanes View Post
    Playgame for review or something? O.o
    Not sure what you mean. Level 27.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hi. Thanks for giving your feedback, Nezakhan. Some examples of the decks you're referring to would be useful.
    I'll have to take a few notes and get back to you. I usually play Darkclaw, with and without allies. Some decks achieve an unstoppable cycle after just 4 rounds. The patterns are pretty consistent from opponent to opponent. Aldmor effects triggering other effects. I get it, y'know? It just appears too simple, too easy, too unstoppable, and far far too common. Had the thought of working those engines into my own deck, but ... boring.

Surely Gondorian you have metrics to confirm all kinds of data to verify this. I hope that doesn't come off as rude. Sincere question.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    i already said this when the update was released. hopefully after the next update people can start discussing aldmor. its not as broken as twilight or garina but there needs to be some balance changes for sure.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed. Some decks seem to be able to work these effects into other brutal things their decks can already do, a kind of synergy y'know? Unfortunately, not all decks have access to those same cards. I have (I think) access to pretty much everything Darkclaw can have in a deck. Difficult to see a range of options for me. I would hope these battles remain dynamic.

I'm quite familiar with Darkclaw deck builds, draw engines, and so on. But I'll continue to try different things.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've never understood the term cookie cutter. If it means you see it a lot, then that would be just because it's a good deck no?
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    I've never understood the term cookie cutter. If it means you see it a lot, then that would be just because it's a good deck no?
    My understanding (from the days of Vanilla WoW, and solid to today) is that cookie-cutter means the one build that all follow/employ forgoing all else. My use of it here in this thread is to suggest that particular aldmor engines are too common. One further fear is that this sort of thing would render a great many other cards/card-combos obsolete.

My win/loss hasn't been too bad, but I'm already missing the "What card will he play next?" excitement. Now, it's just "Golly ... another typical aldmor engine ... (yawn)"