Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Indication of card effect changes

Hello!

I just played a game against Gravebone with Charred Cowl and Kiruth Devotee - lots of interactions going on (this is a good thing!). The same is true of things in Twilight.

For example:
    - Allies gaining undead tribe
    - Allies losing abilities (and then gaining them again once returned via Charred Cowl)
    - Allies who will die at the end of the turn

We have no way of knowing this is happening! It was really hard to follow which allies had what abilities / alignments etc. as they were stolen / re-born through Charred Cowl / resurrected via Gravebone... It's so hard to follow ... can't imagine how off-putting if would be for a newbie

Will this be fixed? I'm thinking of additional visuals similar to those that exist for protector / poison / disable / cannot defend/attack etc.

Further, it would be great to see which cards are triggering these effects - MTG app has a little glow around the card when its effect triggers so at least you can see *why* something is happening. MTG also crosses out text if abilities are cancelled and adds text where new abilities are granted - these features lead to a much clearer game going on.
    Last edited by trevorJacobs; 01-29-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Good ideas. Blanking out the text when a card loses its abilities is definitely on the list. Highlighting who caused what to happen by making it glow in some way would be an excellent improvement, for sure. I hope Kyle can add these in the near future.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Protector is there. It moves higher on your ally line.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    Protector is there. It moves higher on your ally line.
    Yes - i meant that the additional visuals would be akin to those already in place, for example protector etc. i will edit to make that clear

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Highlighting who caused what to happen by making it glow in some way would be an excellent improvement, for sure. I hope Kyle can add these in the near future.
    It would also help with people not understanding the resolution order: card glows, effect happens, second card glow, second effect etc. Shows you the resolution order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea, more in-game effects would be great.

I have an extra suggestion to add a new special-effect: When a player's Hero wins, all their surviving allies on the board should start clapping. But like a golf-clap.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wait if an ally has been turned into undead by kiruth will it be returned to play by charred cowl?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    wait if an ally has been turned into undead by kiruth will it be returned to play by charred cowl?
    yes. the trigger is friendly undead ally being killed, so it will be returned regardless of the default alignment.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OMG great post! this is really usefull!

And add Duration Counters pls D:
    Is really easy lose the count of how much turns have every card in play. This is true for Duration support abilities, and for duration ongoing effects, like dissabled or frozen by 2 or 3 turns.

Some "icon" for every tribe could be nice too for reference the effects that use them, like change alignment.

For allies that die at end of turn i think we even should have a keyword like "Condemn" cuz is a very frecuently effect. And brand it in play with a skull or something like.

And defender should have too some indicator, like protector have.

Other effect that catches my attention, still does not have a display in the game, it is hidden ... considering it is a very old indeed.

I had a question retaled with this visual effects...
    Why Despair, Zail's Hymn, Lythian Shackles, Outwitted, Wooden Staff, Armor of Ages, Urgent Business, Lay Low, dont trigger the same visual effect for "Can't Attack" that Jasmine, Aldmor Interceptor and Sword Thief use?
    Even if they are permanent cards, should be triggered the visual stat of "Can't Attack" (The in love hearts)i think... for new players make it more intuitive.

Captured Prey is a attachment, and trigger the visual effect of disabled anyway... why not in "Can't Attack" effect, if we already have the visual indicator?
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-30-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    yes. the trigger is friendly undead ally being killed, so it will be returned regardless of the default alignment.
    Indeed - and when it returns, it gets all abilities back again! Sooooo hard to follow...