Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lost Lands Jericho Control v1.0

Ok so here's the deck I'm going to be working with for a while.
    At its core, it's almost identical to my Jericho build for shattered fates, so this is more of an upgrade rather than a total rebuild, so I won't be going over every card, but I will go over everything that I think is Important.

Lost Lands additions

Part 1 of lost lands already has some great cards for control that helped significantly strengthen my previous deck.

Sinkhole
    Perhaps one of my favourite cards in the set. Previously this deck suffered a lot in the early game due to not being fully active till around turn 4. This meant that aggro decks would beat you down significantly before being able to do anything. Sinkhole changes that. A2cc hard removal is good in anyone's books, even if it only hits small things. The great thing about sinkhole is that it still has lategame value if you stack it's damage with embers and Sabreens ability, which can deal up to 10 damage, killing just about anything in the format.

Sabreen, Hand of Unaxio
    Sabreen is a generally well rounded card and if I find room I will definitely be running more than one. Being able to chuck away excess abilities and make use of them is amazing in this deck, and for 3cc she is a perfectly acceptable card to cast along side other spells to really take and hold the board.

General of Unaxio
    This card is an absolute powerhouse. It has so many uses in this deck, I'm searching for a way to add 4 of him. Not only is he a sizeable body that can help close the game, he is able to fish out essential combo pieces, the last few zails hymn in your deck, or even just fodder for Sabreen.

Rest for the Weary
    This card is interesting to me. Anything that does 2 things generally tends to be good, but this one in particular caught my eye. We don't have a lot of cards that are just cast this draw some cards usually you have to destroy something, or the opponent gets cards also etc but when there isn't a location in play, this card is exactly that. And then there's the side that acts as a 4 mana removal that fixes your opponents next draw when there is a location in play, which can be a huge advantage for a lot of matchups. So in summary, if there's no locations, it allows you to dig further into your deck for some of your removal, but if there is a location, it BECOMES a removal spell, and that's something that is always welcome in a control deck for me.

'FAQ'
    I've been asked a couple of questions by various people who have seen the deck, so I'll answer some of them here.

1. only 2 tidal waves?
    Yes. Previously tidal wave was a card that served to kill the early swarm and allow my to fight against aggressive decks better. Now that I have sinkhole, tidal wave becomes more a hard removal for bigger stuff, allowing me to use it for better trades.

2. Why Ressurection?
    In a deck that only runs a few allies, Ressurection is necessary for control matchups. It allows me to bring my threats back after my opponent has spent their resources trying to kill them, and that's how we eventually win the game

3. You have general, but still run the full 4x package of attachments, why not spread them out a bit?
    Like I said, for the most part general is fishing up zails hymn or fodder for Sabreen. If I was to reduce the number of key cards like embers and confluence, then I'd lose the ability to use him for that, and a lot of my key stuff wouldn't be happening till after turn 5 which is too slow, even by my standards.

That's all I can think of for now. I can add more to the FAQ section. Please feel free to give this a whirl, and tell me your thoughts down below. Cheers!

Changelog

V1.1

-1 Sabreen
    -2 rest for the weary

+3 Brax Soldier
    +1 Ancient of Aldmor

Added in Brax for haste tech
    Ancient of Aldmor is another way to win the game
    Last edited by Ross013; 02-07-2016 at 08:45 PM.
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you have answered your own question

Cut some attachments and make room for sabreen and general

I am not a fan for Rest tho, suggest change to tidal for more control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    I think you have answered your own question

Cut some attachments and make room for sabreen and general

I am not a fan for Rest tho, suggest change to tidal for more control
    By cutting attachments I start pulling apart the core of the deck though, so it needs careful consideration
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You might be the only player in the entire history of Shadow Era that uses (or will use) Rest for the Weary...

Even the merchant is thinking of giving away that card for free.

But if it works for your deck, then I salute you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    You might be the only player in the entire history of Shadow Era that uses (or will use) Rest for the Weary...

Even the merchant is thinking of giving away that card for free.

But if it works for your deck, then I salute you!
    There's no denying it's an incredibly average card, but I kinda like it!
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looking forward to seeing you in game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Made some changes, Changelog in original post
    Greatness, Reborn