Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LL Just Not Fun

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pindleton View Post
    I think you've made a good start with the twilights. I think my biggest gripe is that I can't find a viable deck for Zaladar (my favorite hero). I did run Shard Zaladar. Gave up and tried Ravager/Wulven Zaladars. Then gave up again and switched to Ter Adun Ravagers. Also tried Elementalis with a mixed deck. I just can't seem to make anything that can win consistently. My rating when from the 300s near the start of the month now down to 200.

I guess I've just got to stick to it until I find something that works.
    Hiya. Thanks for the reply. I've pulled up your history and see you've played a lot of games on 3.10 and 3.11.

From what I can see, you started with Zaladar Aldmor Shard, then switched to Zaladar Relentless Claw Shard, then Zaladar Wulven Pack Overwhelm on 3.10. On 3.11, you tried Zaladar Ravager Shard as well and then went back to a classic Zaladar Shard mix.

I'll be honest, I'm glad that you're not doing wonderfully with Zaladar Shard despite all the different variants you tried. There's always a risk with the introduction of more allies with Haste or being those being readied that he gets pushed over the edge. The shadow energy increase from Aldmor can also help with his ability. I've not seen reports anywhere that he's showing as OP in LL yet either, so that is actually a relief.

However, we don't want to completely kill off old styles with a new set, especially if you are adding new cards into it, and I hope that the 3.12 balance changes help to raise your win-rate, since you would be facing less OP decks like Twilight and Garina Road.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been playing shadow era for a long time too and LL is the best expansion so far man! there are so many possibilities making a fun deck, so many way to have fun

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just thought this was the player haters ball...

Hate!hate!hate!hate!
    Question everything but be open to anything

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is no doubt that being flexible and running one of the new good decks made the start of LL more fun then staying with what works. Hopefully with patch that will be less true.

Playing game at work, I like that idea. I so need the paycheck though.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Things I thought I never thought I'd hear about Zaladar.

Zaladar is tier 1 for life, discard Zaladar can still get you into the top 100 without any LL.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LL isnt fun? the only thing not fun is coming here and seeing people complain and call for nerfs
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just thought this was the player haters ball...

Hate!hate!hate!hate!
    LL isnt fun? the only thing not fun is coming here and seeing people complain and call for nerfs]
    We all have rights to share our opinions. I'm not here to hate, I'm here to share my displeasure and see if anyone else felt the same way (affirmation). I hope that future updates will return the game to an enjoyable state.

Overpowered/overwhelming numbers of Twilights; one-round K.O. ravagers (using Mantle and Asyn: Mount Kazar in combination with Grimjaw Hydra to attack 3-4 times in one round); Lance using Anmor: Garina Road to summon Oliver Fagin on turn 5 and steal your most powerful ally on board at the same time; Mages running Snow Sapphire and Voice of Winter coupled with Eternal Trolls and Supernovas; etc.

These are decks that are really not fun to play against, and I can't find a deck that can really play counter to them in any meaningful way. Maybe someone can help me out instead of getting offended at my opinion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hope that future updates will return the game to an enjoyable state.

Overpowered/overwhelming numbers of Twilights; one-round K.O. ravagers (using Mantle and Asyn: Mount Kazar in combination with Grimjaw Hydra to attack 3-4 times in one round); Lance using Anmor: Garina Road to summon Oliver Fagin on turn 5 and steal your most powerful ally on board at the same time; Mages running Snow Sapphire and Voice of Winter coupled with Eternal Trolls and Supernovas; etc.

These are decks that are really not fun to play against, and I can't find a deck that can really play counter to them in any meaningful way. Maybe someone can help me out instead of getting offended at my opinion.
    If «a enjoyable» state , is a predictive meta, whit the same pool of decks that people copy from forum...4 ever.. I don't want it.

If a awesome diverse game whit unexpected possibilities of new decks, opponents strategies and possibilities for innovation in deck builder is a not fun game, I want that not fun game...
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We all have rights to share our opinions. I'm not here to hate, I'm here to share my displeasure and see if anyone else felt the same way (affirmation). I hope that future updates will return the game to an enjoyable state.

IMO LL is much more fun to play than SF. More heroes are now viable and are less predictable because of the different tribe possibilities. Whereas before 90% of the time as soon a hero loads at turn 1 I can pretty much guess what deck they are playing. Now I usually have to wait until T4/5 to know for sure which to me is much more interesting as there are more viable builds.

It’s true there is currently a lot of twilight and Garina Lance decks in the current meta but with the upcoming changes in 3.12, twilight will be less prevalent and Garina would hardly be seen at all with the nerfs.

I don’t think I have come across anyone playing Asyn yet; it is by far the worst location. Mages running snow sapphire and voice of winter was around in SF.

Have you thought about joining a guild. I found that joining a guild is a great way to learn the game, discuss strategies and improve your overall shadow era experience.

At Rising Sun we have many interesting decks available to members that are more than capable of beating those decks mentioned above.