Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LL Just Not Fun

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

LL Just Not Fun

I've been playing Shadow Era for a long time. I've probably given the company hundreds of dollars of business. It is the only game that I play on my phone, and I sometimes play it on PC. I've loved the continuous development that the game has had. Shattered Fates seemed like the general was fairly well balanced. I really enjoyed playing Shard Zaladar. However, now, it seems that I just can't find a deck that is fun. None of the old play styles work. Everyone has a cheap trick that basically turns the game into a loss in just one turn. I don't enjoy it. I'm not having fun. I just feel frustrated when I play. Does anyone else feel the same way? It just seems like balance and pleasurable game play went out of the window in LL.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah LL sucks. I dread the day LL makes it to meltdown. I'll probably stop playing all together
    Question everything but be open to anything

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Very sorry to hear this. We took a risk to release some cards that seemed strong, but had not yet been proven to be broken, on the assumption that the live server player-base would find anything we'd missed. The alternative would have been to pre-nerf based on no proof which could lead to a different kind of boring situation for you, where no new cards are worth putting into your decks.

Based on what we've now seen of 3.11 on the live server, and people's reports on the forum, there are clearly certain cards that are overpowered and we are addressing them in our first proper set of balance changes in 3.12:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....anges-for-3-12

Please take a look and let us know if the cheap tricks cards you're referring to have been addressed. Thanks for your honest feedback.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No game can stay the same with nothing new. LL seem ok after next balance changes but cant say all cards are useful. For example, the ravager location is sth i have never seen. i like the total tho

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Very sorry to hear this. We took a risk to release some cards that seemed strong, but had not yet been proven to be broken, on the assumption that the live server player-base would find anything we'd missed. The alternative would have been to pre-nerf based on no proof which could lead to a different kind of boring situation for you, where no new cards are worth putting into your decks.

Based on what we've now seen of 3.11 on the live server, and people's reports on the forum, there are clearly certain cards that are overpowered and we are addressing them in our first proper set of balance changes in 3.12:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....anges-for-3-12

Please take a look and let us know if the cheap tricks cards you're referring to have been addressed. Thanks for your honest feedback.
    I think you've made a good start with the twilights. I think my biggest gripe is that I can't find a viable deck for Zaladar (my favorite hero). I did run Shard Zaladar. Gave up and tried Ravager/Wulven Zaladars. Then gave up again and switched to Ter Adun Ravagers. Also tried Elementalis with a mixed deck. I just can't seem to make anything that can win consistently. My rating when from the 300s near the start of the month now down to 200.

I guess I've just got to stick to it until I find something that works.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Woa! this really surprise to me. If you are a old player and say that u enjoyed shard Zaladar, that ... was balanced for you? Ô_o
    Cuz i remember zaladar in DP patch... not balanced... all the people playing that...
    Eladwen in CotC.. not balanced and again, all the people playing that
    Aramia Wisp in SF... omg that was a ridiculous unbalanced combo... and 100000% of quick match playing that xD

Now i think is even a better start :v Almost we have too many new op options for balance xD
    And with the new patch the decks will change again. Im sure u will be happy for shard zaladar with the new patch check it. I hope you can continue enjoying the game as u did it until now :3
    Remember that unbalance step is temporal.. just the first updates are really hardcore in changes... allways has been the same =)
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pindleton View Post
    I think you've made a good start with the twilights. I think my biggest gripe is that I can't find a viable deck for Zaladar (my favorite hero). I did run Shard Zaladar. Gave up and tried Ravager/Wulven Zaladars. Then gave up again and switched to Ter Adun Ravagers. Also tried Elementalis with a mixed deck. I just can't seem to make anything that can win consistently. My rating when from the 300s near the start of the month now down to 200.

Try discard Zal. Still good in this meta.
    I like pie, Shadow Era, and you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pindleton View Post

Oh.. maybe u just need... change? for now? im sure elemental and wulven decks will return in power (and with a lot of power) when part 2 or 3 with elemental/wulven cards be released.

Remember that we only know human, neutral and shadow allies from LL... isn't too much say that all LL is bored just cuz u hero dont is the first in recive the new cards?
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wtf is this?

Getting married, having kids, and a job = NO FUN.

LL update = Fun.

Playing Shadow Era at work = Fun.

Being late picking up your kid from daycare because you're testing out new LL decks/cards = Fun.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    Wtf is this?

Getting married, having kids, and a job = NO FUN.

LL update = Fun.

Playing Shadow Era at work = Fun.

Being late picking up your kid from daycare because you're testing out new LL decks/cards = Fun.
    If you will ever run for president, you have my vote
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe