Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elementals Homunculus Deck

Credit to TJ Segalion for this deck. I am always on the lookout for Elementalis replays because that is my favourite hero.

This deck is interesting. It relies on quickly buffing your allies to immense proportions, then just beating the crap out of your opponent. Once you get the motor running, it's mean, crude and rude.

4 Barrenland gremlin
    4 Plightbred runt
    4 Brimstone devourer
    4 Voracious arachnid
    3 Grimghast
    2 Flame spitter
    3 Falseblood Cultist

4 Crystal shards
    4 Splicer's crown
    3 Tar-written scroll
    2 Soulbound armour
    3 Rankett: Proving grounds

I can't say if this is the exact deck, but the cards used are there. Barrenland Gremlin is surprisingly lethal. Get it out early, feed it with cheap artefacts, and it can often quickly grow to immense proportions, together with Voracious arachnid. Buff them some more with proving grounds and splicer's crown. The cards have a shocking amount of synergy with one another. The fire allies are there to help feed Tar-written scroll, another cheap source of board control. In fact, everything is so inexpensive, you can safely stay at 3-4 resources early on.

I didn't see any mind control, nor was I able to make any space for them. But in the few games I have played, my allies grew so huge so quickly that I generally didn't need them, and was able to control the board with arachnids and scrolls. Or just ignore them and go for the throat.

Thoughts and inputs?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this is the first time I was net decked
    The list contain all the cards but I have a slight different mix
    Ele was chosen since it's ability are additional condition for rankett activation
    I wish Abom. Factory was available but since it is not the scroll was chosen to provide additional item for gremlin to use (So rankett can be activated) + some board control but still this is the less priority item yo use

This is very fun build. Most games end by t8 (no mater if you win or loose)
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great Deck Segalion !
    As Abazigal, i like to watch replays and I saw your QM accidentally yesterday.
    So, I tried to do the same deck ! and I love it !
    so much synergy with homunculus and fire allies !

one of the best deck i have seen in SE !
    Shadow Dragons
    IGN: SD Fab Ulous
    Telegram: @Fabb_Ulous
    Shadow Dragons Website: dragons.altervista.org
    Shadow Dragons Twitter: @ShadowDragonsSE

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This looks pretty cool, ill have to try it out sometime. How do you think it will be affected by the incoming nerf to proving ground??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my opinion, Rankett: Proving grounds isn't so essential, it's a good booster for homunculus but the deck can run without it.
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    This looks pretty cool, ill have to try it out sometime. How do you think it will be affected by the incoming nerf to proving ground??
    Well going first it hurts. With rankett at t3 with optimal setup (gremlin t1, shards t2, archnoid t3 and rankett) you can have by t3 a 3\4 gremlin and 2\6 archnoid. By t4 (with crown plus runt) you can have 5\5 gremlin, 4\8 spider and 4/2 runt.
    Since nova and TW come at t5 and you went first, your opponent is already lost the game by then. I can say that with optimal setup it can be deadlier then rush mage
    Therefore moving it to t4 will slow it down and allow opponent to react more
    Going second change won't make a difference as most time you have no way to use it on t3 anyway and it's better to save it to t4 anyway (t4 cast ally, use ability to grow, then use rankett effect)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab Ulous View Post
    In my opinion, Rankett: Proving grounds isn't so essential, it's a good booster for homunculus but the deck can run without it.
    Wooooot?
    The location is very important to the rapid grow.
    Let's say that location in this Deck is a never Sac option. Never.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    Wooooot?
    The location is very important to the rapid grow.
    Let's say that location in this Deck is a never Sac option. Never.
    that's the difference between a copycat and a creator deck !
    i will remember it !
    Anyway, very good deck !
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tried to make a similar deck like this work for praxix and it did not end well, this deck has given me heaps of good ideas though. I can see why it runs well with elementalist. Many of the games I lost was because I didn't quite have enough attack or life on my guys in the first 4 turns and praxix control is to inconsistent and comes too late with this ally setup.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Indeed but so does any mill deck probably. This isn't a t1 deck but it is a fun deck IMO