Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exaltation nerf is unnecessary.

"Exaltationicon - Ability changed to "Attach to target friendly ally. That ally has +4 attack and +4 health. While that ally is the only ally you control, it has steadfast and its attachments can't be targeted by opposing players." (from "Attach to target friendly ally. That ally has +4 attack, +4 health and steadfast, and its attachments can't be targeted by opposing players.")."

The relevant change to this is the loss of steadfast with multiple allies out.
    Exaltation is a card primarily used in one deck - elementalis. Ele is already weak to ally removal and control cards which exists in every deck. Making it even weaker to retreat and exile is unnecessary.

Discuss.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for making this thread, jacqui.

As I said on Telegram, I'm willing to consider deferring the nerf if a good case is made for doing so.

One good case I already see is that we could monitor the power of the non-nerfed version in 3.12 and go from there. The reason I didn't go with that in the announcement of 3.12 balance changes was because I'm really hoping we can get to a point where no more SF changes are needed, and so having anything lingering on the watch list while 3.12 is out goes against that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This nerf is Actually unnecessary. As we Know Exaltation is one of most Reliable card For Weak heroes Like Elementails. And Now Its Ability (Enemy Attachments Can target it ) is Changed now Even Retreat can easily Target it. Also Shattered Fates was in 2014 and Now 2016 No one Wanted to Nerf it by that Now. And now out of No where they want to nerf It. Its actually unnecessry.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    there was a big discussion about exaltation in the past and people said it was too strong after the buff. maybe they kept that in mind until now. anyway i think this nerf was very good and made it more balanced especially with lakmire in the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just that it is a buff card for allies isnt enough or pack alpha would be played. it was the streadfast and not being able to target attachments on the ally that made it work. elementalis's ability isnt very good and its VERY suspectable to ally removal cards that dont kill. in fact this is what makes elementalis suck so bad. the ability is basically useless since its a single ally buff and the game is centered around allies. so ally removal and control is everywhere. attachement hate is off the chart as well now. its worse than before since a lot of the attachement removal is a secondary thing. like an ally that does it, etc. its still an ally without using the ability.

ally attachements in general are hard options to add to a deck. losing 2 cards when you opponent really only deals with 1 (the ally) makes it very hard to make room for them in a deck. unless it has some really good secondary ability, there is no reason to use an ally attachement. its a waste of deck space. or its really really cheap. but even unaxio, how offen do you see it (and it goes back to your hand always, opponent cannot do anything about that). but an ally attachement that costs 5, it HAS to have a lot or its not going to be played. and eventhough exaltation has a lot, its not overpowered. its not breaking the game. its not dominating the game. it is really not even seen that often, for months.

if a nerf to exaltation is actually needed for whatever reason, and i do not see that it is, but if for some reason it has to be done, make it unique. then only 1 exaltation can be on board at once. it would still be worth adding to your deck... maybe, i actually doubt it, but maybe. this change, i seriously doubt it will be played. its too damn expensive as a "2 for" card.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 01-26-2016 at 09:22 PM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, certain decks cannot deal well with Exaltation, but nobody can beat everybody. Attachment plays are fun, you should entice people to buff their creatures and not nerf these tendencies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I never thought exaltion was an issue that required a nerf. If it did I would have thought making it unique would have been sufficient. This planned change is too much and would make the card practically useless given the 5cc.

Senior Member Pteronophobic Wizard's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Exaltation was OP before LL was released, and then it was eclipsed by cards and decks that were even better (garina and twilights mostly). Now that those decks are being significantly nerfed exaltation will come back.

The proposed nerf is fine, but making it unique would also be ok. Either way it will still be playable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with the unique option ele is rather weak . Anytime I play against one I wait for him to buff his ally then remove it. There is alot of ally removal in SE period. A hero like ele that needs allies period to win needs this type of card. Just like you guys gave Vic hunters gambit..(and we all know it was for vic). ELE NEEDS THIS CARD!!! And I don't play ele I actually hate elementals, but I don't like seeing irrelevant Hero's become more irrelevant.
    SL Osiris

HEADHUNTER OF THE LEGION
    I AM LEGION, FOR WE ARE MANY....MARK 5:9

Asia Regionals Champion 2015 Halalboy's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipw123 View Post
    I never thought exaltion was an issue that required a nerf. If it did I would have thought making it unique would have been sufficient. This planned change is too much and would make the card practically useless given the 5cc.
    +1. I think making it unique is enough
    Member of Supreme Legion

We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Halalboy
    Telegram: @Halalboy