Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love me some portal mage. I might take this for a spin when I'm done playing around with Solo DC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Considering your addition of tar scroll I would say imo Spitter has better synergy now. Have you tried Spon. Growth? Just an idea for cantrip draw + attack gain for the homunc allies, its a bit of a dead draw though with low allies since this is more of an agenda deck anyway but it may help the early game a bit going first. As for another 3cc ally tbh I like your line up as is and I cant think of any atm that synergize better than you have listed( imo you are a far better crafter than I am anyway)
    Never let the Right Thing be a matter of Convenience

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This a fun deck. Thanks for posting!

But I don't like Tar-written Scrolls. It can't hit Hero, feels weak, and there's already 4 Supernovas (but maybe I'm missing some secret-formula on timing)...

Flame-spitter rocks!...uhh...sometimes...

Tome of Knowledge blows.

...And I wanted so badly to incorporate Eternal Troll into this deck (and EVERY deck), but I'm tearful in saying it doesn't belong.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    This a fun deck. Thanks for posting!

But I don't like Tar-written Scrolls. It can't hit Hero, feels weak, and there's already 4 Supernovas (but maybe I'm missing some secret-formula on timing)...

Flame-spitter rocks!...uhh...sometimes...

Tome of Knowledge blows.

...And I wanted so badly to incorporate Eternal Troll into this deck (and EVERY deck), but I'm tearful in saying it doesn't belong.
    I am glad Se forums has u.

Sometimes I come to the forums just to read your posts.

The tar scrolls does serve a viable purpose : those pesky allies that don't die to nova; i.e. Haste stopping Brax, 6 life allies, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is Raikka a possibility for this deck setup or would missing Majiya's draw and direct damage be too big of a loss? I love Raikka and typically play an undead version of her when I use her, but I'm going to try her out with this. With Raikka's ability the terrors will do 3 damage upon summoning and the spitters will hit for 5! With the possibility of casting two on a turn with only 6 resources. I'd use 4 of them, of course. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

I'm thinking...

4 fatebreakers
    4 spitters
    4 devourers
    4 terrors
    4 knights

4 portals
    4 fireballs
    3 novas

4 shards
    4 gauntlets

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, and thank you for sharing your deck. I'm going to enjoy this one, I'm sure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    Is Raikka a possibility for this deck setup or would missing Majiya's draw and direct damage be too big of a loss? I love Raikka and typically play an undead version of her when I use her, but I'm going to try her out with this. With Raikka's ability the terrors will do 3 damage upon summoning and the spitters will hit for 5! With the possibility of casting two on a turn with only 6 resources. I'd use 4 of them, of course. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

I'm thinking...

4 fatebreakers
    4 spitters
    4 devourers
    4 terrors
    4 knights

4 portals
    4 fireballs
    3 novas

4 shards
    4 gauntlets
    Looks nice , let me know, majiya was chosen because she has the additional draw. But raikka looks interesting. I have a ravenger raikka that's pretty fun too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Going first, yes, we do want the 3 cc ally. I kept the spitters , removed the tome, added the 2 tar scrolls
    That makes your deck 41 cards...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    That makes your deck 41 cards...
    Oh I removed a spitter just to test. For now, I'll just test with 1 tar, - 1 tome. Keeping the 2 spitters

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Looks nice , let me know, majiya was chosen because she has the additional draw. But raikka looks interesting. I have a ravenger raikka that's pretty fun too.
    I like Portal Raikka a lot in general. It is much more difficult to get to those big late game plays though because of limited draw. I think with your list Maj's ability works much better. Raikka needs a stronger early game to set up a late game draw engine. Also because her ability is ally based I don't like running much in the way of burn spells with her.

Regarding suggestions for your deck Grimghast is actually really good I'd try running 2 and cutting a brimstone for a total of 7 3cc allies which is a good number when you can always Fireball. Infernus also does a lot of work coming through a portal he might be worth considering replacing 2 fatties with (though both FT and SK are really good too, so less sure on that).

In short
    -ToK because I hate it in portal decks (and in general now...).
    -1 Brimstone (with only shards I'm assuming the body and fire damage matters more than the discard effect)
    +2 Grimghast

Maybe but not sure
    -1 SK
    -1 FT
    +2 Infernus
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 01-29-2016 at 03:32 PM.