Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

LL TalaYari - Advice/Help

So I've attempted to construct a deck based off the release of the new update and was hoping to share it all with you, and possibly get some feedback.

Hero: Tala Pureheart

***Allies (19)***
    4x Yari Spearman
    4x Yari Shieldbearer
    3x Yari Marksman
    4x Yari Bladedancer
    2x Xander, Yari Captain
    2x Armored Sandworm

***Abilities (18)***
    2x Smashing Blow
    4x Crippling Blow
    3x Blood Frenzy
    4x Ellos' Resolve
    2x Mettle of the Yari
    3x The Last Harvest

***Armors (6)***
    2x Pride of the Yari
    4x Rilard's Buckler

***Locations (2)***
    2x Anmor: Garina Road

Total = 45 + Hero

This setup of the deck is based off of ROK Hello's Yari Vess from version 2.9, prior to the release of Lost Lands. The difference being this deck isn't necessarily a rush type but more of slow/mid.

The main strategy with this deck is to get your Spearman out quickly and boost them with Tala's ability. Combining them with Ellos' resolve lets them stay on the board longer and allows you to start piling on your other allies as without the worry of damaging them. But the main synergy of the deck comes from Yari Bladedancer's ability. If you can get at least 3 Yari allies out along with Pride of the Yari you simply need to use it's ability then exhaust Bladedancer, then boom. Keeping them protected means you can quickly turn the game in your favor with that combo. Early game it is okay to sacrifice a Last Harvest and a Buckler as you have plenty. Mettle of the Yari (Warrior) allows for you to keep your allies healed and ready and both sets of armors go along with boosting your allies strength and health.You want to make sure to capitalize on The Last Harvest and use it with a lot of allies on the board. Using it along with timing your armors correctly can cause big damage swings.

Garina Road is there for quickly getting your Sandworm and Xander out without wasting resources, plus if you combine Sandworm with Tala's ability he becomes a fantastic late game tank/protector. I'm not worried about the -1 resource needed for my opponent to summon their allies because if they're doing that then they are wasting their resources trying to build up the board as opposed to killing your allies with items/abilities.

You don't have to worry about going against Hunter's because you have allies with Steadfast that wont worry about the traps when attacking. It matches up evenly with other warriors/wulvens/elementals. You have the ability to heal all your allies and give them guge health boosts so mages don't really threaten me. The main trouble this deck has is against Priest's but if you play your allies conservatively you can put place a Xander (with Garina Road) and a spearman one turn, then a bladedancer + shieldbearer the next, then drop a pride of the Yari and you're good. The opponent either wont be able to keep up or will waste his items protecting himself or wiping the board.

You'll notice the only draw engine in the deck is Blood Frenzy and that because The Last Harvest acts as a draw in some ways once you get allies on the board so I haven't found the need to add another engine, but I'm not opposed.

I am open to any feedback or suggestions from this deck....actually I would like some. If I need to explain anything else in detail further regarding strategy let me know and i will be happy to help. Thank you all for looking at this.

-msnblack
    Last edited by msnblack; 01-25-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At this time with the current imbalance in the game, tala makes fun decks however she can not keep up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    At this time with the current imbalance in the game, tala makes fun decks however she can not keep up.
    This i think isn't true. My Classic Resilent Tala, and Homunculus Tala (both of them) still alive in 280+ and 260+ and rank respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by msnblack View Post
    So I've attempted to construct a deck based off the release of the new update and was hoping to share it all with you, and possibly get some feedback.

Hero: Tala Pureheart

***Allies (19)***
    4x Yari Spearman
    4x Yari Shieldbearer
    3x Yari Marksman
    4x Yari Bladedancer
    2x Xander, Yari Captain
    2x Armored Sandworm

***Abilities (18)***
    2x Smashing Blow
    4x Crippling Blow
    3x Blood Frenzy
    4x Ellos' Resolve
    2x Mettle of the Yari
    3x The Last Harvest

***Armors (6)***
    2x Pride of the Yari
    4x Rilard's Buckler

***Locations (2)***
    2x Anmor: Garina Road

Total = 45 + Hero
    -2 Garina
    You don't need Garina. Sandstorm isn't a excuse, cuz is a T5 ally, and garina is a T5 Location, A card slot losed in your deck and u will give a free adventage to your opponent in cast speed. What im in disagree about he is "spending resources" he is WINNING resources taking control in board cheapest.

If you will run 4 Ellos's Resolve, you dont really need Sandworm, if u anyway are agree with add a non yari card in your deck (that blocks a bit the synergy) i think Eleanor, Princess of Ellos, or Aldon the Brave are a better choise.

-2 or -4 Rilard's Buckler, they competive with Pride of the Yari like Armors. And if u have Harvest u dont really need it.

+1 Blood Frenzy. Is a obligatory card in your hand in starter match, so you need 4.
    +1 A Legend Rises, your protector will be a beauty target, protect it... u need at least 1 of that.

Maybe... -1 Mettle of the Yari by +1 Enrage

Probably +2 Grounshift, just becouse you need it now vs any deck xD
    Try add a War Banner, works pretty nice in Tala.

And if u think in your matchs u get a nice control in board with that, u have space for add 2 Overwhelm for clean Twilights and Aldmors. Or just keep your deck in less cards.
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-31-2016 at 10:31 PM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.