Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thread for discussing underpowered cards

Caged savage maybe? Still need to try it in Ele rush but I have yet to see it used to an effect I really like. Hard to see though considering it is competing with Firesnake.

If buffed I'd say make it a 1/5 so 3 attack can be reached with one card. Possibly limit its max damage buffs at that point too?
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 01-21-2016 at 11:55 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    It's supposed to be best used for fire and homunculus decks, that was the purpose. But if you do feel a card is underpowered, it is best to in addition to explaining why it is, explain what buff you think it should get and why it will help
    Ok

It's underpowered because it takes a lot to get it going: dead fire allies, 2cc, item not killed and because the effect is small: 2 damage to another ally x3 turns

Possible buffs:
    Additional durability - this lets you get more from it, and helps get more from the location combo
    3 damage / damage to hero or ally - again, a bit more value
    Some way to increase durability - e.g. 'Once per turn when your hero deals fire damage, TWS gains +1 durability' - adds some tactical interest and makes it go further

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Ok

It's underpowered because it takes a lot to get it going: dead fire allies, 2cc, item not killed and because the effect is small: 2 damage to another ally x3 turns

Possible buffs:
    Additional durability - this lets you get more from it, and helps get more from the location combo
    3 damage / damage to hero or ally - again, a bit more value
    Some way to increase durability - e.g. 'Once per turn when your hero deals fire damage, TWS gains +1 durability' - adds some tactical interest and makes it go further
    I will say that i find tar written scroll to be balanced where it is. With 2 damage, it already combos with flameborn defiler and infernus, who with both allies out would be dealing 5 damage to an opposing ally. If it was made to deal 3 fire damage, then it would be unbalanced and too strong. Let us also consider a fire elemental deck, who is using aural battery. With just aural battery, it is dealing 3 damage. With aural batery and flameborn defiler, it deals 5 damage. With those two plus infernus, its dealing 7 damage. With the location, you also get the benefit of regaining allies from your grave. At 2 recources, it has a lot of combo possibilities, and amy buffs to the ability would require an increase in casting cost, which might do more harm than good.

But i thank you for placing your ideas here, if other people agree with you then i will add the card onto the list of "cards that need buffed"
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Caged savage maybe? Still need to try it in Ele rush but I have yet to see it used to an effect I really like. Hard to see though considering it is competing with Firesnake.

If buffed I'd say make it a 1/5 so 3 attack can be reached with one card. Possibly limit its max damage buffs at that point too?
    More like op. It could use its own thread, but then it's entirely possible it's just relentless savagery that needs it instead.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    More like op. It could use its own thread, but then it's entirely possible it's just relentless savagery that needs it instead.
    I did not like how it looked even it that deck. As a 1 drop it does it does not function as it should because it needs so much set up. Maybe I just need to see it used more.

As for relentless savagery yeah it is extremely good. Everything in LL seems far more powerful than the first 3 sets :/.

Of course t1 savage t2 Relentless means no t2 Feasterling.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    I did not like how it looked even it that deck. As a 1 drop it does it does not function as it should because it needs so much set up. Maybe I just need to see it used more.

As for relentless savagery yeah it is extremely good. Everything in LL seems far more powerful than the first 3 sets :/.

Of course t1 savage t2 Relentless means no t2 Feasterling.
    Vess decks can play fine dropping a festerling no problem, with rampart krygon and free attachments it is really easy to activate for him.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cages savge is meant with evil asscent. Same at that 1 7 raveger dude for 4 cc. The hulking brute or something. Evil accesnt is the key card with these guys. Same as hydra.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hi. I just want to confirm that we are not going to buff anything from the first three sets, so focusing on Lost Lands here would be the most beneficial (from my perspective at least). Thanks.
    really? you are not going to buff anything at all, just do nerfs? so the nightmare begins.

or do you mean you are not going to buff anything untl all 3 parts are out?
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    really? you are not going to buff anything at all, just do nerfs? so the nightmare begins.

or do you mean you are not going to buff anything untl all 3 parts are out?
    he is saying will not buff anything from CotC, DP or SF. Just LL
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mocking Armor, 2 durabilty is kinda low, make it a 3 durability and 3 defense armor for cost of 5 instead if six.