Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

PC App won't load

When i start the app it boots up and checks for updates but when you click play now button, nothing happens. i don't think i'm the only person getting this!

can anyone help?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi there. Sorry to hear about this. It's a new issue and might be a Windows permissions thing, where it won't allow our Launcher to invoke the actual client program. But, if you can find the client program, you can run it directly.

Can you have a look for somewhere like this please:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\LocaLow\Wulven Game Studios\Shadow Era Launcher\game\V3.1200\ShadowEra.exe

If you can find that, then you can run it directly.

AppData is normally hidden, so you'd need to unhide that folder.

Hope that helps!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have the same issue. The game won't start from the launcher (after clicking 'play'). I've tried your suggestion Gondorian, but that's not different.

I've tried it on another PC and there I have no issues at all. I can play right away after downloading. The difference between the 2 PC's is (mainly) the operating system. The one the game works on runs on Windows 8 and the one the game isn't even starting on runs on Windows Vista. I hope this info helps to guide me/us in finding a solution (other than having to use a different PC).

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hiya. Thanks for mentioning Vista. I think I've worked it out. Is your Vista 32-bit? I believe the SE Windows client retrieved by the launcher is for 64-bit only. If you can confirm you are 32-bit, we can look to making a compatible client available.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hiya. Thanks for mentioning Vista. I think I've worked it out. Is your Vista 32-bit? I believe the SE Windows client retrieved by the launcher is for 64-bit only. If you can confirm you are 32-bit, we can look to making a compatible client available.
    Confirmed 32-bit