Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Aldmor Elementalis Deck

The new Aldmor triple is a very interesting faction. Being neutral, every hero has access to the same ally card pool, so the main differentiating factor are your hero ability (which in all honesty, you will end up using fairly rarely because most of your shadow energy will be tied up in activating their abilities) and the hero-specific support cards available to you.

Elementalis has always been my favourite hero. I have been trying out this deck for about a day now.

Elementalis (40 cards)

4 Aldmor Interceptor
    4 Darklight Apprentice
    4 Aldmor Artisan
    4 Aldmor Scout
    4 Aldmor Chieftain
    4 Ancient of Aldmor

4 Clockwork Soldier
    3 Disruptor Field

4 Energy Discharge
    4 Energy Extraction

The idea is simple. Get your cheap allies out early to fuel a quick Ancient. Your clockwork soldier is hard to kill and can be used to fuel multiple energy discharges and extractions to control the board. Interceptor doesn't really see much use, but I wanted another 2-cost ally, and he is great at locking down a single ally.

Ideal opening plays

Turn 1 - Nothing
    Turn 2 - Darklight Apprentice
    Turn 3 - Aldmor Scout or Artisan
    Turn 4 - Search for Ancient or Chieftain, or search for Clockwork Soldier, then play both Clockwork Soldier and Disruptor Field, activate Darklight Apprentice.

Main problem I have is that the deck is extremely reliant on Ancients for the bulk of the damage dealing. I have tried throwing in Io Leviathans but found them to be quite slow and unreliable. Any ideas on how to further fine-tune this strategy? In theory, the deck could work with any other Elemental hero, but I figured that since Elementalis' ability was the cheapest, it might be handy in a pinch.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gotta theow at least one soul reaper in there. And draw? Do you need draw? Couple sac lambs for clockwork.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Having lost a couple of games in a row, I am still trying to put my finger on just which aspect of the deck needs tweaking. Without the ancients, all I basically have are a couple of very weak allies who cannot stand up to whatever the opponent throws at me.

Against twilight decks, I am outraced and often have to rely on energy discharges to clear the board.

I am thinking that I need more ways of buffing my allies somehow, outside of just relying on Aldmor Chieftain. Maybe I will try that artefact which buffs all my Aldmor allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Exaltalis. Remember the old cards are still the bomb. You need draw one or two soul reapers and 4 mind control. Gotta have mond control.. also meat wagon might be an option. Dont get hung up on new set and forget the other 3 awesome sets.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Clockwork plus sac lamb or eternal troll and sac lamb is amazing. And what goes great with that combo? Ogloth and voracious arachnoid.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No Mind Control, Soul Reaper, or Eternal Troll??

...that's like trying to eat a steak with a straw.

Just kidding.

But not really kidding that much about Eternal Troll. That little bugger is the saving grace for any deck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    - 4 Aldmor Interceptor
    +3 Sac Lamb
    +1 Eternal Troll

-1 Chieftain
    -1 Aldmor Artisan
    +2 other Eternal Troll

-2 Clockwork Soldier
    -1 Disruptor Field
    -1 Energy Dischargeicon
    +4 Mind Control

-1 Ancient of Aldmor
    +1 Rejuvenetion Potion or Infinity Core

-1 Energy Extraction
    +2 Groundshift (Just becouse is cool)

40 + Hero

Test it and tell us how works o/

Maybe even you should drop the "Aldmor" context for Resilent context focused in things that you can sacrifice 4ever and control the board (Maybe Zaladar is most appropriate for this deck)
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-19-2016 at 05:35 AM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanes View Post
    - 4 Aldmor Interceptor
    +3 Sac Lamb
    +1 Eternal Troll

-1 Chieftain
    -1 Aldmor Artisan
    +2 other Eternal Troll

-2 Clockwork Soldier
    -1 Disruptor Field
    -1 Energy Dischargeicon
    +4 Mind Control

-1 Ancient of Aldmor
    +1 Rejuvenetion Potion or Infinity Core

-1 Energy Extraction
    +2 Groundshift (Just becouse is cool)

40 + Hero

Test it and tell us how works o/

Maybe even you should drop the "Aldmor" context for Resilent context focused in things that you can sacrifice 4ever and control the board (Maybe Zaladar is most appropriate for this deck)
    Thanks for the input. I tried your suggestion with Zaladar, but I can't say I am better off for it. The deck seems a little more consistent, but I still have a hard time against the same decks the original one had (Twillight in particular is a pain in the behind. I have to rely on energy discharges to clear the board, only for the opponent to bring them all back with that twilight unique that summons the tops 3 allies from his graveyard).

I am not ready to give up on Aldmor yet, but the allies are really very weak in combat. I agree that I will probably have to give up on the concept of a pure twilight deck and start mixing in more cards though.