Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really dislike this idea, the location that exiles 3 cost and below allies is perfect for control decks(and makes a ridiculous shit ton of decks viable which otherwise wouldn't be). It would be worthless with this change and would encourage a more aggro approach for most people just without locations. Some locations will get nerfed in time and then we won't really worry about it because they will just be options to plug holes in strategies or increase synergies with themed decks.

It is great to see someone think about what they don't like though and present their ideas without a puffy face with uncontrollable tears and anger management problems.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    I really dislike this idea, the location that exiles 3 cost and below allies is perfect for control decks(and makes a ridiculous shit ton of decks viable which otherwise wouldn't be). It would be worthless with this change and would encourage a more aggro approach for most people just without locations. Some locations will get nerfed in time and then we won't really worry about it because they will just be options to plug holes in strategies or increase synergies with themed decks.

It is great to see someone think about what they don't like though and present their ideas without a puffy face with uncontrollable tears and anger management problems.
    Yeah but think about this. Whats the downfall to a tidal wave. Throw nit out turn 5 you then have to wait to build you board. This would be a free tidal wave. You cast it turn 4 wipe the board and throw out a 4 cc beast on a clean board. Zhanna cant do that till turn 9. Thats not ok. At least this way the opponent could have some thought and how to play it out.. and then If you opponent drops a 2 and 3 cc ally the next turn you drop a 5 cc ally and wipe board again. Its now turn 5 and yoi have bog dweller and urigon sitting fat and happy. Not good. Game over. Just saying it ammounts to a free tidal wave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Yeah but think about this. Whats the downfall to a tidal wave. Throw nit out turn 5 you then have to wait to build you board. This would be a free tidal wave. You cast it turn 4 wipe the board and throw out a 4 cc beast on a clean board. Zhanna cant do that till turn 9. Thats not ok. At least this way the opponent could have some thought and how to play it out.. and then If you opponent drops a 2 and 3 cc ally the next turn you drop a 5 cc ally and wipe board again. Its now turn 5 and yoi have bog dweller and urigon sitting fat and happy. Not good. Game over. Just saying it ammounts to a free tidal wave.
    For most heroes they are paying shadow energy that they might want to use on their ability and even priests will use their energy on drawing cards so their is a cost for them.

This will push more decks into aggro, if there is no way for you to turn the board around then people will continue to play more aggro.

All they need to do is play their own locations or groundshift in their aggro deck and they will never have to worry about the opponents locations. Locations would be pointless and no one would use them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like current state of Locations, they just need to be more balanced. No location decks are still very powerfull. Decks with locations needs more draw and Location also takes a bit from deckspace so if their power will be in right spot there will be no problem.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    For most heroes they are paying shadow energy that they might want to use on their ability and even priests will use their energy on drawing cards so their is a cost for them.

This will push more decks into aggro, if there is no way for you to turn the board around then people will continue to play more aggro.

All they need to do is play their own locations or groundshift in their aggro deck and they will never have to worry about the opponents locations. Locations would be pointless and no one would use them.
    I don't think that playing your own location is effective way to counter other location. Sure you won't get any tempo loss by playing location but it will force you to change your entire deck so your own location wouldn't clash with your other cards. For now Strong Location is only Tribe Based and Garina so the choice is limited.

Groundshift or Sinkhole cost 2cc to use, a little bit of a tempo loss, but doesn't guarantee that your opponent won't play another location. They will easily recover back because Location doesn't cost anything and they are instant use. By making Location exhaust on the first play I think it will make Groundshift or Sinkhole much more valuable because the opponent will make a harder time to recover the loss of location

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm a little sick of 0 cost.

This game is built on sacrifices. From your first draw you have to sacrifice a card to gain resources and that continues until you don't need to. Lately, and yes I'm talking LL, there are way to many 0 sac cards out there and they almost make the game no fun.
    I'm talking about any card that has a cost of resources or Shadow Ability points that cost 0. What is that? Why? I mean it breaks a basic law of physics, : Nothing can be created or destroyed only changed. But nooooo. Here in Balor, you can have 0 SE and cast that stupid Aldmor guy who seeks for 0 SE and get card , giving you 1 SE! Or it gives you resources back! Wtf!
    You can't get something for nothing, 0 abilities are horrible. Wether SE or CC, they should not exist. If you want an ally to have a no cost ability, just make it an ability, but nothing should cost 0. Some say if an ability or action cost anything, nobody would play that card, but I think they would
    Ever
    Ok
    No 0

In keeping w the thread, Locations cost 0 to cast and bring about the rampant usage of these 0 cost combos, who wouldn't want something for free?
    Maybe just having locations exhaughsted, maybe making them COST something to cast?
    I don't know, but good write up Umbra I'm sure a solution or compromise will present itself.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanes View Post
    If we balance the opponent sides... will you be agree for play a free card for let you opponent play a GOOD ability first, and even remove it later? No, u will just not add this in your deck probably. This "feeling" in one side adventage is just becouse the Locations need be adjusted, like any other card need balance when is new.

I Don't see this like a real change in balance for All of them, if the proposal is change the general system about how works... (cuz every one works different), you can be balanced Some, unbalanced other, and kill the rest. And then we will be in the same place looking for how fix the unfair or weak locations with the new system....
    Like i said, Exhaust isn't different to move Garina From Turn4 to Turn 5.... summon fatty will still been hard to counter with or without exhaust.
    The biggest reason to change to the exhausting mechanic is to make balancing easier. Will locations like yahari: valley of doom become balanced if it comes into play exhausted? Probably not. But it can become balanced. In order to benefit the caster, the opposing ability would likely have to become 3se, while the controlling ability may or may not have to become 2se. But now by coming into play exhausted, the opponent now has the option of countering it at the cost of recources, or by not playing a 3cc ally. If they dont play any 3cc allies, it becomes a potential tempo loss to them anyways, since youll have this potential threat present on the board. Garina road has been proving a nuisance to balance. On one side, you have a lot of people saying its still so OP, and in the other side, you actually have some people saying it needs to get buffed. Would not it coming in exhausted make balancing easier? If the opponent getting the benefit first really is decided to be such a huge problem, garina can EASILY be changed to a passive ability of "the first ally you summon this turn only costs 3cc" and then suddenly its in the exact same position as it was, balancing becomes easier with more options like this. Opposing abilities will of course need to be reworked from their current form, they were made to attempt to balance a location that could be cast and used instantly. Lorhorn would likely have to become 2se to get rid of it, but now you have the option and means to counter a location before the opponent can use it, and thus you dont have to feel so helpless against them.

Some people have claimed that this would make locations unplayable, but why? Because the opponent can spend recources or shadow energy to get rid of the location that was free for you to cast? Great, then i win either way. I'll cast my Lo Void and gaderi: braxno citadel in the same turn, and wont have a care in the world if they get rid of the location with their shadow energy. Didnt cost me anything to put it out, but it sure costs you something to get rid of it. I'll gladly cast my lohorn for free if it will take 2se away from my ipponent to get rid of it. And if they place their own location over mine, i still have the option of groundshift to get it back. If i dont run it, then i cant do it. If i do run it, it becomes an option. But at least the opportunity to counter is there instead of helplessly watching as a player performs their actions
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post

TL;DR: too bad...i can't defend my argument in a summary. Go read it, this is serious stuff
    TL;DR: Locations should enter play exhausted to grant the opposing player an opportunity to counter it before its use.

I'm against this. Locations seem to have been designed to instantly change the game state without warning, to force the opponent to adapt and adjust his/her strategy and or playstyle. It keeps things fresh and exciting, because of how quickly the game can shift in and out of a particular player's favor.

I understand that humans are creatures of habit, but how about we just trust the DT and PFG on this one, and accept the fact that the game is changing?
    Last edited by Kross; 01-19-2016 at 05:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post

I understand that humans are creatures of habit, but how about we just trust the DT and PFG on this one, and accept the fact that the game is changing?
    +1
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, alright. Seems not enough interest has been placed in this idea. Thanks all who left feedback
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox