Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

so what are the rules of this forum anyway?

when i posted a thread discussing a card i even asked people to stay on topic and not post nonsense stuff. but some did it anyway and were being rude to me also. so i reported them using the reported function but no mod came to my aid. and now i see you coming and threatening to ban people for that very same reason after i made a post that was semi off topic. does the report function even work? and are the mods being selective with who to ban? are the mods biased? are there even rules in this forum? or do mods just choose freely what to do and look past the bad behaviours of long time members? im just dying to hear some answers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe you shouldn't spam nerf threads? Just a thought.
    I like pie, Shadow Era, and you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Speaking only for myself as a mod (there are a few other mods around I think)...

Does the report function even work?
    -> Yes it does. Doesn't mean everything that is reported is acted upon because frankly if I acted on each and every time someone reported their feelings were hurt, then we wouldn't have that many forum members left.

Are the mods being selective with who to ban?
    Yes. We select who to ban. . Usually you would need to get three infractions before being banned so people being banned outright without being given infractions or warnings are not common. Of course this is dependent on the moderator and in some cases, Kyle the All-Knowing would take matters into his own hands.

Are the mods biased?
    -> I would say yes. I'm human and as such cannot be completely be bias free. I interpret posts based on my experiences but I do try to align it to what the forum Code of Conduct says.

Are there even rules in this forum?
    Forum Code of Conduct.

Do mods just choose freely what to do and look past the bad behaviours of long time members?
    I have to use my own judgement in nearly all cases unless it strictly breaks CoC. Bad behaviours of forum members are taken into consideration regardless of how long they've been around. However, what you might consider "bad" behaviour might not necessarily be on the same level that I see it as.

As for your case, you called for a nerf for a card a day after it was just nerfed. People posted in the thread mocking you for doing that. Rude according to you, to me it was a counterargument to the validity of your call for a nerf. The post about me threatening to ban in the other thread was not only to you but to all the forum members that seem to congregate in all these "balance" and "nerf" threads bickering back and forth about each other rather than what the thread was originally about.

Now if you have any complaints about myself as my capacity as a forum moderator, feel free to bring it up with Kyle or even Gondorian. I do this as a volunteer because this forum is normally quite rational and mature. It's just during these new releases where a lot of people seem to be personally affected by "buffs" and "nerfs" that I usually need to step in.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh dont worry i am making a formal complaint and than some. and heres a tip for future. if you cant be objective especially in open and shut cases like these than maybe resign yourself from mod position or dont butt in at all. and your whole yes they were jerks but i think you deserved it so i didnt reprimand them attitude is very pathetic. good luck with your life.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    oh dont worry i am making a formal complaint and than some. and heres a tip for future. if you cant be objective especially in open and shut cases like these than maybe resign yourself from mod position or dont butt in at all. and your whole yes they were jerks but i think you deserved it so i didnt reprimand them attitude is very pathetic. good luck with your life.

Can you point out some of these open and shut cases for me.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

so what are the rules of this forum anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    oh dont worry i am making a formal complaint and than some about you.

Here's a tip for future, Mindy.

Just resign from Se forums.

We'll very much have Danae instead of you.

dont butt in at all. and your whole yes you are a jerk but i think you deserved it , your attitude is very pathetic.

good luck with your life.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 01-18-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Speaking only for myself as a mod (there are a few other mods around I think)...

Does the report function even work?
    -> Yes it does. Doesn't mean everything that is reported is acted upon because frankly if I acted on each and every time someone reported their feelings were hurt, then we wouldn't have that many forum members left.

Are the mods being selective with who to ban?
    Yes. We select who to ban. . Usually you would need to get three infractions before being banned so people being banned outright without being given infractions or warnings are not common. Of course this is dependent on the moderator and in some cases, Kyle the All-Knowing would take matters into his own hands.

Are the mods biased?
    -> I would say yes. I'm human and as such cannot be completely be bias free. I interpret posts based on my experiences but I do try to align it to what the forum Code of Conduct says.

Are there even rules in this forum?
    Forum Code of Conduct.

Do mods just choose freely what to do and look past the bad behaviours of long time members?
    I have to use my own judgement in nearly all cases unless it strictly breaks CoC. Bad behaviours of forum members are taken into consideration regardless of how long they've been around. However, what you might consider "bad" behaviour might not necessarily be on the same level that I see it as.

As for your case, you called for a nerf for a card a day after it was just nerfed. People posted in the thread mocking you for doing that. Rude according to you, to me it was a counterargument to the validity of your call for a nerf. The post about me threatening to ban in the other thread was not only to you but to all the forum members that seem to congregate in all these "balance" and "nerf" threads bickering back and forth about each other rather than what the thread was originally about.

Now if you have any complaints about myself as my capacity as a forum moderator, feel free to bring it up with Kyle or even Gondorian. I do this as a volunteer because this forum is normally quite rational and mature. It's just during these new releases where a lot of people seem to be personally affected by "buffs" and "nerfs" that I usually need to step in.
    Keep up the good work, danae.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Keep up the good work, danae.
    Ditto
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah Danae!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread