Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[LL] Raikka, Mistress of the Homunculi (v.3.11)

***HERO***
    Raikka Spellseeker

***Allies (18)***
    4x Barrenland Gremlin
    4x Plightbred Runt
    4x Brimstone Devourer
    4x Voracious Arachnid
    2x Armored Packbeast

***Abilities (13)***
    3x Lightning Strike
    2x Transmogrification Curse
    2x Consuming Fear
    4x Stoneskin
    2x Spontaneous Growth

***Items (6)***
    4x Abomination Factory
    2x Splicer’s Crown

***Location (4)***
    4x Rankett: Proving Grounds

TOTAL: 41 cards + Hero

This is an attempt to create a homunculi based deck. And I’m still testing it.
    I chose Raikka because of two reasons. At first she is an ally-focused hero – her ability helps to protect your homunculi. At second her shadow ability is the cheapest in comparison with other mages.

Barrenland Gremlin and Voracious Arachnid are your main force. Gremlin grows extremely fast and Arachnid can cope easily with “noisy” allies such as Eternal Troll. Small Gremlin is an easy target so you need several copies of Stoneskin to protect him.

Your draw engines are Spontaneous Growth and Rankett: Proving Grounds. I’m not sure about Tome of Knowledge or Bad Santa in this deck.
    Transmogrification Curse and Consuming Fear are needed to deal with fatties.

I think that the ideal scenario is:
    T1: Barrenland Gremlin
    T2: Stoneskin
    T3: Abomination Factory + discard Plightbred Runt or Brimstone Devourer (it depends on the situation) + activate Gremlin’s ability + activate Rankett: Proving Grounds
    T4: Voracious Arachnid
    T5: Armored Packbeast

This deck is fun to play. Especially when your allies grow to enormous size But it also has some weaknesses. I think you’ve mentioned that there are no item removals. Any ideas? I also have some doubts about creature removals. What is better: Lightning Strike, Fireball or Supernova?
    I’ll appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also have an Raikka Homunculus. And she rocks. I think the problem people have when building a Raikka deck is that they think of her as a mage. Allies are way better in her than burn is though. Your deck is midrange, however I think Homunculus allies + Location just scream for rush. No need for ID then

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like Humunc Raikka in an all-in aggressive deck shell too. No real need for removal or ID. Even Protection isn't really relevant. The deck doesn't draw enough to play a longer game anyways.

Rotling is a nice 1cc option to turn Ranket on and it leads to pretty busted openings going first (going second an opposing 2 drop will kill this).

T1 Rotling
    T2 Factory
    T3 Arachnid + Ranket
    Discard Runt and you can have an attacking 3/3 and a 4/8 or an attacking 4/4 and 3/7. If you kill something Arachnid groes by +1/+0;
    or Discard Brimstone to kill something and have a 2/2 + 4/7 or 3/3 + 3/6;
    or Discard something else and have a 2/2 + 3/7 or 3/3 + 2/6.

(Gremlin can also attack for 3 or 4 on turn 3 if it eats a piece of the factory)

It doesn't really matter at that point if they kill one of your guys. You should be ahead for the rest of the game.

To build in some resiliency, I prefer some Trolls over Packbeasts or abilities.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cultist could add some nice synergy, and consistency with the card draw.