Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: garina 3.11

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    How about waiting until you play test it before making a complaint. That way your complaint will hold merit.
    i know and i usually always do that. but since the change was not that big they just up one turn you can imagine it still holds the same problems it used to. so its just a prediction like some other people have said. but we will see how it plays.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    T5 instead of four doesnt do crap.

The problem is well was that this release wasnt developed enough. They dont even have all the LL cards released yet, there in the future. So any cards that might have balanced stuff is some day in the future.

They shouldnt have released anything until the entire expansion was ready.

Its just a gimmick to get you to buy packs twice.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    after realizing there are many immature and childish people around here that is a very reasonable fear to have.
    I've seen you offend ppl many times during this week.... Havent seen sb personaly insuling you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post

The problem is well was that this release wasnt developed enough. They dont even have all the LL cards released yet, there in the future. So any cards that might have balanced stuff is some day in the future.

ΟR , make community happy by not having us wait 2 years for expansion

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymos View Post
    I've seen you offend ppl many times during this week.... Havent seen sb personaly insuling you.
    i realize now that you are one of those childish people. you are obviously biased against me and seem to like picking fights. so i am just going to ignore you now. good luck with the battles.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    exactly my point and also the opinion of people at the other thread. they did not adress the core problem of the card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed. The core problem wasnt addressed. An op card one turn later is still an op card.

Nothing has changed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Play something fast. If you have board before T5 (which isn't hard) it's an easy win for you.
    I like pie, Shadow Era, and you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i never had the chance to play with the card before it was banned. i was too busy just trying to get all the cards and boom, banned. so i am in the same boat as iOS players who never got to use it. which is sad.

that being said and moving on, i have been playing it today and tonight and i must say... this card is not OP. the opposing ability more than makes up for you being able to cast 1 fatty for 3cc per turn, whereas they can cast all allies at -1cc. they can flood pretty quick.

it takes a lot of thought and experience to play this card and use it well. not for new players at all. and experienced players coming up against it, are utilizing it well.

for example, on turn 6, you can cast your large fattie and have 3cc left (if you were able to sac that high and not be in a card deficit ) so maybe you could have a 3cc ally out as well. your opponent, assuming they saced to 6 as well, can cast 2 4cc allies if they have them or 3 3cc allies if they have them. if one of them is a layarian seductress or similar card, that fattie you cast is useless for a turn. you only get 1 cheap fattie per turn but all their allies cost 1 less.

the one thing this card does, is increase the depth of play and thoughtfulness, mindfulness of your playing. from both sides. one mistake from either player can lose the game.

none of this make this card OP. and my personal opinion is that it is not OP at all.

both players need draw to utilize it to full advantage as well.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tbh I have not used the new one yet (I have played against it a few times now though). However, from the old one I can say t4 vs t5 makes a huge difference for a lot of the old decks. Lance was able to sit at 3 resources and recover the fact that he needs to drop an extra card by not resourcing. This is much harder when you need to wait a turn before you start to steamroll, particularly when going second. Furthermore t5 Nath/Oliver while still strong is far less likely to be immediately game winning.

Do I predict GR will still be a strong card in the right deck? Yes. All the late game value it had still exists. It still combos well with haste and 3 or 4 resource acceleration will still allow for steam rolling as long as they have good draw. Only testing will show exactly how strong, but please do not rail against it yet saying nothing was changed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still a NPE