Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    I'll admit I forgot about pack beast (though they need 2 for them to heal each other) Troll needs to be readied so killing him is actually useful.

The steal is helpful in that 3 SE is enough of a cost that it at worst removes the location for a while, at best there are potential and often creative uses for it (see above).

Other locations have fairly meh reverse sides too. Undead location for example.

I don't get excited when opponents play this location but it definitely is not OP. Actually as tribal locations go it is below average.
    No one say that is OP =)
    The problem that isn't what a location should be.

Locations should give a risk, or a reward in some conditions to the opponent side. For this they are 0 cost, cuz give alternatives in pley to both players.
    The steal effect don't is a risk, is a way for remove the effect in main... like u said.
    Perfetly can say "And exile this location" and will be the same.
    But electrical damage, vs electrical inmune allies don't have sense :3
    Where is the risk for the owner?

Check this topic
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bah, just as I thought, Garina was nerfed only in the sense that it's now more vulnerable to the fast decks, such as Twilight. It still dominates slower decks as before. Pretty much like when they nerfed Robes of Mending to make Jericho even more vulnerable to burn mages, while disregarding his dominance over control ally decks. That's not really balancing, it's just putting a hard counter, paper-rock-scissors.

I thinks it's time to take a break from the game. The new expansion will take a long while to fix properly.
    Last edited by morbius; 01-19-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    expect this from every future update. i mean some sf cads are still not balanced and aramia was changed just now. they always struggle with finding good balance even when they try to nerf or buff. like i said before this game is turning into one eternal beta and it will always be in playtesting phase and never stable if they continue to do things this way. the best option would be to roll out nerf and buff updates often so the community can find what is a good balance because the team and focus group are not part of the public meta so they cannot fully predict the impact of some of the cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    expect this from every future update. i mean some sf cads are still not balanced and aramia was changed just now. they always struggle with finding good balance even when they try to nerf or buff. like i said before this game is turning into one eternal beta and it will always be in playtesting phase and never stable if they continue to do things this way. the best option would be to roll out nerf and buff updates often so the community can find what is a good balance because the team and focus group are not part of the public meta so they cannot fully predict the impact of some of the cards.
    I agree, change faster would make things better or worse and go from there.

Them not saying anything but in the future is annoying and makes want any money i spent on this game back.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    I agree, change faster would make things better or worse and go from there.

Them not saying anything but in the future is annoying and makes want any money i spent on this game back.
    How fast do you want the changes to be?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    fast changes would ruin the tournament scene
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Twilight is fairly complicated in terms of what exactly needs a nerf. Other then the draw engine but there is plenty of alternate draw engines heroes can use I doubt that will bring them in line at all.

Better to wait and release well thought out nerfs then have the game balance seesawing all over the place with constant nerf/buffs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Scripture should be redesign into something completely different, I mean c'mon Twilight has already enough draw engine... Twilight Eidolon, Spirit of Devotion, Twilight Lorhorn, Twilight Luminary.. yeah two of them is "seek" but it's similiar anyway