Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We would always like to see the best from this game about balance, but all in all Shadow Era is fine. In MtG constructed you see very few go-to-decks and a bit of counters; while Shadow Era has 32 different heroes who shake the meta and lead to more variety in deck composition. Not every SE hero is good, but the majority of them are competitive for sure, and noone of them seems so much stronger than the other ones at the moment.
    The new set needs time, talking of balance with only 67/200 cards out during an unofficial beta test is risky.

While this game can surely improve in the support zone, many of us are still waiting for rewards or bonuses from various preorders, and that sucks for sure. That's not something that makes a good playing experience, even if the game itself would be super-very-mega-nice. It's a situation that pissed off a lot of players and Wulven still struggle to handle, we can only hope that Kyle will fix something about that in a reasonable time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Join my new guild - Cryers of eternal troll - the tag is ET this is so cool.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    i agree that this game has a lot of issues and new sets doesnt fix those problems but just brings more problems. and many veteran players are gone and left is only a handful because they are in the same clans and use it as a place to hang and interact with other people. maybe because they dont in real life. i came to the forum again to discuss the new sets because i had a lot of input on them and i thought they would make the game feel new again and more diverse. but instead you only see the same op decks with little differences. and zaladar has always been op. i wouldve liked to see counters for his powerful tricks like mind control and that he can target heroes with his ability. but nothing so far. remember that eladwen got nerfed because her ability could target heroes. and now that elementals get more ability damage cards and hasted allies we are getting close to a zaladar which plays like the old eladwen.
    So... you say veterans dont have friends and play SE to hang out with ppl.
    That location ( and tribe rising) doesnt make the game new.
    That mind control is op.
    And 2 decks are similar because both are aggro....

1st of all, zaladar and mid control are both cotc so they cant be changed. Never.
    And mind control kills 1 allie and dmges your hero, but doesnt give you board control, or win the game if you dont focus on 1 ally.
    The game is way different now , everything seems op if you dont tech for the current meta.( and no , i dont mean asking more nerfs :P )
    Then, all aggro decks focus on killing opponent fast, not controling safely the board. But zaladar and old elawden are way diff. one uses allies other used spells.

Ohh and have you ever thought that veterans might enjoy playing the game? Making decks, countering "op" cards, laddering, even losing a good game?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's sad.... Bye

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As the French say, to the river!
    (I think I should pay more attention in french)
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    zaladar has always been op.
    LOL I had a battle ones with an elemental, I managed to pull out a strong combo which causes an ally of mine to gain 10 attack. Elemental used mind control, sweep over my ally and it attacked me then I lose 10 health of course. Now when we were both almost out of cards. My opponent draw that card! (Forgot the name sorry) the card that enables every other cards in the graveyard to return to the deck. And I'm like... WHAT THE HECK???!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ?!?!? Does this game has some favoritism or not? Back to Mind Control. I don't mind cards like assassination that can instantly kill any fatty. But seriously, killing is not enough and they have to control your ally to attack you? IS THAT HOW COWARDS AND DIRTY ELEMENTALS PLAY???!!!!!!!! OR MAYBE JUST COWARDS?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 3thundera876 View Post
    LOL I had a battle ones with an elemental, I managed to pull out a strong combo which causes an ally of mine to gain 10 attack. Elemental used mind control, sweep over my ally and it attacked me then I lose 10 health of course. Now when we were both almost out of cards. My opponent draw that card! (Forgot the name sorry) the card that enables every other cards in the graveyard to return to the deck. And I'm like... WHAT THE HECK???!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ?!?!? Does this game has some favoritism or not? Back to Mind Control. I don't mind cards like assassination that can instantly kill any fatty. But seriously, killing is not enough and they have to control your ally to attack you? IS THAT HOW COWARDS AND DIRTY ELEMENTALS PLAY???!!!!!!!! OR MAYBE JUST COWARDS?
    Its clearly your fault. Playing vs elemenatal heroes you already know there are 3 mc (mb 4 sometimes). So you play buffing the same ally making it huge? You lose. Just because you failed doesnt make opponent coward or dirty

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Point is it's not right to judge LL for being unbalanced yet. Just two days ago twilights got a double nerf and a rejis to another card, so their OP-ness will subside after an update or two. Just be patient. Now, as far as MC is concerned; in cotc every one of the classes got a one-hit-kill based on their theme. If you feel MC is too good, how about tidal, or supernova, or assassination? Sure, death trap is not as good as the rest of the above, so, to balance this out, in the next set hunters got the perfect shot. Likewise, every hole in each hero's arsenal is steadily being closed. There have been exceptions, like the shadow warriors, but oh well, there will always be the next cards. Patience is a virtue. Although 1 set of cards in 2 years is not so good, bear in mind that the real problem with that set were the new heroes. It was too long, but in order to fix this, the broke LL in three sets. Did you forget when SF was out but there was no art in most of the cards? Do you remember the bitching and whining from almost everyone? Now, all cards have their art before they are even released. Do you get where this is going? There is progress in this game, be sure about that. I don't feel the game is withering, I feel it is going really well.
    It would be nice is someone from the moderators published some numbers concerning the app, the number of accounts logging in each day, in order to have a better view of OUR game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like how nutty just now joined the forum ... so rather than offer suggestions all alone with each new release ... he finally up and rage quits when not even all the LL cards are released and haven't gone through their tuning period. Of course there over over-powered and under-powered cards now. It hasn't even been a whole month.

Just prior to the release of LL I think the game was the most balanced I have ever seen it ... hell there was a guy running around in the 280-300 range with a Logan that could rape my Threbin. I played that dude like 5 times over the period of a week, and lost every match. I personally think that Logan needs more love, but there is a least one person out there that knows how to use him. Regardless, I figure this game will not be well balanced until about half a year after all the LL cards are out, and it takes our feedback as a community to help speed that up. In a way it works better this way, because it is the most balanced TCG that I have seen for mobile. Well, hearthstone might be as balanced, but it is also pathetic. I really think that game is meant for young children anyway ... the play mat is a big toy ... it's colorful and you can poke things. MtG ... was that game ever balanced? Though, when I stopped playing MtG (1997), we had no clue what balance even was in a TCG. In a way I like that Wulven has decided to break the release of LL into parts so it keeps it more interesting during the period of beta, but then it might take us longer to catch the balance issues.

As far as the mentioned card issues some have mentioned ... Mind Control - really? Wow, it is a huge tempo loss when using it. 5cc and deals with just one ally. The rogue issues? What ... Spelleater Bands is easily dealt with ... and only really counters some of the mages. Anklebreaker ... if you haven't learned to deal with that yet and they have been around forever there is something wrong. Zaladar OP? Twilight and Aldmor OP? Are we even playing the same game? Perhaps, you should take the time and figure out what your are losing to and figure out how to counter it ... or go play something for the feeble minded like Hearthstone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I ain't saying LL is great.

But wow, not even 2 weeks and we got rage quits on the forum.
    If ya wanna help, play , pick out bugs and unbalanced cards. If not, just go.

Caring about a community built around a game is not helped this way.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread