Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sosilo: Brothers' Landing buff

Whit all the nerf threads, I thought, why not. But seriously, I want to compare this card to Rankett: Proving Grounds it looks like garbage truck next to Ferrari. The problem of this location is that it comes too late, if you want to build a templar that deck using this, it sucks. Templars start to discard in T4, so if the want to use this as a draw, they need to wait one more turn which basically means, that they're giving up board control. Say I have Sabreen and this location in T4 - I am facing a choice - cast Sabreen and use her ability to clear the board and hope that next turn I draw ability or location so I can draw (and let's not forget that Sabreen needs to survive). Or I wait one turn, so I give advantage to my opponent.

I am not sure this cards really needs buff, but it seems to unbalanced compared to Rankett: Proving Grounds which make homo decks great.
    - Sosilo comes at T5, Rankett T3
    - Sosilo has no SE cost, but Rankett buffs your allies
    - Sosilo's other side effect hurts you more than Rankett
    - To trigger Sosilo you need one of three specific allies (readied) and one other specific card, if Bannerman you need also other ally, if Sabreen opp needs to have ally. Rankett is much easier to trigger. You can trigger Sosilo with Glimer of hope or Moment of Acquiescence, but those have also conditions.

What I am saying is that Sosilo needs ridiculous set up and gives less effect compared to Rankett. Please do not take this as reason to nerf Rankett.

I wonder why this was nerfed from the original which was shown in the LL articles.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    +1

Should be at least t4, and if you're gonna compare with Lorhon it just becomes even more ridiculous (t2, no cost to activate, NC goes back to deck instead of exile).
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it gets a buff , the opponent's effect of the card must be really strong to balance . Currently its opposing effect is total trash , meaning it can be played without fear of screwing you up . Secondly , many classes like warriors,rogue,Priest doesn't need early board pressure to win , which is especially true for Priest , couples with the fact that Templar is a swingy tribe , turn 5 is reasonable for such good a draw engine

Homunculus on the other hand has no haste ally , they rely on early dominance to win and require just as much as setup , Rankett hitting the field on turn 3 is acceptable . Most homunculus I see struggle with card draw so the moment their dominance is resisted , they start to crash and burn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by G.P View Post
    If it gets a buff , the opponent's effect of the card must be really strong to balance . Currently its opposing effect is total trash , meaning it can be played without fear of screwing you up . Secondly , many classes like warriors,rogue,Priest doesn't need early board pressure to win , which is especially true for Priest , couples with the fact that Templar is a swingy tribe , turn 5 is reasonable for such good a draw engine

Homunculus on the other hand has no haste ally , they rely on early dominance to win and require just as much as setup , Rankett hitting the field on turn 3 is acceptable . Most homunculus I see struggle with card draw so the moment their dominance is resisted , they start to crash and burn
    While I agree with your view, the point I am trying to make is, that this location in its current state can not be used as a primary draw for Templar (comes to late, too easy to disable), while Rankett makes homo decks possible. So in the end you face a question - why should I even include this location, when it is not my primary draw. Templar now have discard abilities which is fine, but this location is not helping them much atm.

Senior Member Pteronophobic Wizard's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it used to be turn 4 and immediate draw a card for every discard. So what you are asking for is an un-nerf. I agree it would be much better turn 4 but maybe it's too strong. Going first bannerman into knight of unaxio with ability is a hasted 6-7 with steadfast.

I would at least like to try it like that and it's pretty useless turn 5 but I can see why it might be too strong.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    T4 Would be nice

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well if it is on t4, there is scenario where you use Banerman to haste in Knight of Unaxio, then use KoUs ability, discarding total of 2 cards. This line of play will give you 6 attack hasted creature and draw you 4 cards to refill your hand for total hand loss of 0 on first use (4 cards played in one turn, then 4 drawn). Any consecutive turn nets you +1 card considering you are drawing 2 cards per discard. On later turns add General to the mix, and this can produce insane card advantage.
    Last edited by Veles; 01-09-2016 at 08:59 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree. This card does not need a buff. It's strong as is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Well if it is on t4, there is scenario where you use Banerman to haste in Knight of Unaxio, then use KoUs ability, discarding total of 2 cards. This line of play will give you 6 attack hasted creature and draw you 4 cards to refill your hand for total hand loss of 0 on first use (4 cards played in one turn, then 4 drawn). Any consecutive turn nets you +1 card considering you are drawing 2 cards per discard. On later turns add General to the mix, and this can produce insane card advantage.
    That combo needs 5 cards, not 4 (also location) and Bannerman needs to survive T3. Also one Groundshift kills whole combo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4 Cards from hand. If your opponent played GS on their turn 3 they lost the game right there.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla