Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    im confused. my opinion is, that so far, this is probably the best looking set. i know its only a 1/3 of the set but i think it is pretty nice... except that Spirit of devotion crd... why oh why did you bring that back, ugh. you could of at least put it on the most useless card in the set intentionally.
    1st set had the best art! but the good/bad art ratio is better in LL so far

I pretty much agree with you though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the overall art is not that bad. Way better that Yu-Gi-Oh and MTG.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes i must agree that shawn can do good artwork but when it comes to human faces they are terrible. aldmor scavenger is so ugly for example. but when he does not need to draw the faces the art can be very nice like twilight avatar. so my tip is to not let him do artwork that has human or humanoid faces in them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's been AGES since one of these threads came about! I was wondering when a new one would come because they fill me with such excitement!

*grabs my pitchfork because I love a good witch hunt*

Anyways, many thanks to those in the community who have supported my work and many thanks to Kyle and Wulven for liking my work enough to use it in SE.

Drow, the work you posted in the OP is very good, but I think you need to work on your humans, they aren't showing enough detail. Also your colour palette could use some work, too much purple. Keep at it and maybe Wulven will have another artist to get work from! If you post some more art maybe I can give you some pointers. I am a professional artist after all.

G.P, Early on in the piece Gondo advised me that the Aldmor were meant to have a steampunk vibe to them. They should be masters of SE manipulation and have the technology to make it work, so that was the direction I took with my artwork. The more traditional fantasy styled Aldmor were selected after I had finished my allocation (you will note that all my Aldmor work was very tight thematically, right down to skin tone). But I have to ask, could you help me as to what I need to do to make my humans better? They've got two eyes, two ears, a nose, a mouth, what more do you need?! I mean, I could add another head if you think that's what it'll take but I must admit, I've met very few people who have more than one.

I'll just end this post with this tidbit. No matter how bad my art is, it's still better than Spirit of Devotion.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hahaaaa! +1 Birdy!

(Spirit, lol. Chuckle! )
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    haha

dont listen to them. really, overall, this set is the best we have gotten. (although, i do have a complaint about forgotten horror. did you have to use puke green???)
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    its true spirit of devotion is very bad. first i thought it was your art but after searching i found it is by the same artist who did alot of work for cotc. i am surprised it is the same artist who did amazing work like belladonna! maybe it was one of his earlier work before he learned to do better. but comparing your work to spirit of devotion is like saying at least im a better president than george bush. drawing good human faces is more than just including eyes nose and mouth. you can see some early work for cotc theres a big difference. but its ok you can still do other good art i think just not faces. not everyone can be good at everything.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    mindy - I completely agree with everything you wrote

Hi Shawn,

I have worked on my "humans", thanks for advice, but so should you, really, since you're in this professionally.
    Human pose, dynamics, movement in perspective, even anatomy - you fall short at these.

All your art seems very very flat as well. Work on your depth, start by separating your subjects from background, there are great tutorials on youtube for this.
    This one is more for environment painters, but anything can help here - https://youtu.be/ayjbpopn5EI
    Also it wouldn't hurt to bring out some stronger colors out, some contrast (especially if one of the stronger light sources is within FOV. Talking of which, add few more. 3 works great, not counting bounce light). Your art is overflown with midtones. You did good job on this with Unaxio Bannerman.

Here's some of my work. I know it is far from perfect - but I am well aware of that and I am not trying to protect it from (constructive more or less) criticism like a child

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0M...plTkIydlk/view
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0M...pJVWp5YVU/view
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0M...dORkE4WTQ/view

Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    But I have to ask, could you help me as to what I need to do to make my humans better? They've got two eyes, two ears, a nose, a mouth, what more do you need?! I mean, I could add another head if you think that's what it'll take but I must admit, I've met very few people who have more than one.
    I'll just end this post with this tidbit. No matter how bad my art is, it's still better than Spirit of Devotion.
    But hey, at least your sense of humor is outstanding

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    these are very nice. i like them alot and i think they are much better than most of the new art or even sf art. certainly much better than shawns. you show a wide range of techniques and styles. that second picture is really beautiful. why are you not doing work for wulven?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    these are very nice. i like them alot and i think they are much better than most of the new art or even sf art. certainly much better than shawns. you show a wide range of techniques and styles. that second picture is really beautiful. why are you not doing work for wulven?
    Thank you! Very glad you like them.
    I am quite young and still at the early stage of my career so I am trying to figure out which way to go in terms of style and technique.

I am not doing work for them because when I approached them they never replied.
    A year ago, If I remember correctly, someone from their team redirected my email, or told me to do so, so it can get to the right person. I also sent pm to Kyle. Both returned silence