Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Anonymos,
    thanks for joining in with such a wonderful 2015 everything's beautiful and easily offended attitude.

Now, what mindy is trying to say politely is - take a look at these two below

http://s14.postimg.org/lldqqhxip/hp_example1.jpg

https://occupiedandpreoccupied.files...r-portrait.jpg

Tell me, which one do you think is better? I doubt it is the first one you'd say, or mindy, or Gondorian, or anyone (well, almost anyone, let's keep this in 2015 attitude - that scribble has some artistic value, right!!11?)

Well, if most of the one game's community would rather have art one way than another (katchupless cake, or harry potter n2), and the game actually has only that another(katchup cake), then you can go on and on and write all day long about how art is subjective and that artists shouldn't be criticized, but the day will come at which that said community left and is found playing some other game made by some thunders and blizzards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This thread could have started out better (never works out well when you start a topic by insulting someone) but let's at least try to lead it to a better "path". I like the art that Drow37 has posted (but not really a fan of the wolf one) and if he has a deviantart portfolio (or something similar) with your various artworks then I think Wulven would be in a better place to decide if they would like to hire you.

As for Shawn's (Preybird) artwork, I think there's a distinct style to them. Looking at certain cards I can usually guess who the artist is because of their style. For example, the Aldmor and the newer Elemental artworks have his signature on them and I do like a lot of those artworks.

Given all that, there are some of his artworks that I don't particular like as well (Kallista and Child of Aldmor are some that I'm not really fond of). But I can say the same for any of the other artists (except maybe for Jimmy Ling so far).

Everyone will have their own tastes in terms of art and when criticising them, I find it better to be more diplomatic than to appear as a know-it-all. Who knows, Wulven might hire you as well and you might be in one of these threads sometime in the future defending your artworks as well?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    I can ride my bike with no handlebars
    I can play the trumpet with my feet
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    I can play the trumpet with my feet
    Aww, you shoulda quoted the next verse of the song
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    I want my cards to grow up, I like balance and just "having art" is a huge + in itself. There is room for laughter in what we see in the cards. Artists know this and they continue to craft their own images with a smile...
    Bravo. Very well said. We do not have the right to judge the art of each painter because just as what they say... " Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" We may say there is room for improvement, and they as artist know that there is and should always be room for improvement. Let's just have a good laugh, fun time and enjoy everything we have. SE is doing it's best to become a very good game and we all know it, it is easy for us to complain all the time (even I do that) but really, if we want everything to be just the way we want it, then I suggest that person needs to create his/her own game. I may hate this game, but at the end of the day I still Love it and Thank you to all the people who gives their full effort to make most people in this community happy. SE is still the best CCG for me or even the best game, perhaps. LOL I only have SE on my android and not playing any other games :P

And for Shawn, please do not stop in making arts, continue to inspire and be inspired.
    Last edited by 3thundera876; 01-11-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drow37 View Post
    Hi Anonymos,
    thanks for joining in with such a wonderful 2015 everything's beautiful and easily offended attitude.

Now, what mindy is trying to say politely is - take a look at these two below

http://s14.postimg.org/lldqqhxip/hp_example1.jpg

https://occupiedandpreoccupied.files...r-portrait.jpg

Tell me, which one do you think is better? I doubt it is the first one you'd say, or mindy, or Gondorian, or anyone (well, almost anyone, let's keep this in 2015 attitude - that scribble has some artistic value, right!!11?)

Well, if most of the one game's community would rather have art one way than another (katchupless cake, or harry potter n2), and the game actually has only that another(katchup cake), then you can go on and on and write all day long about how art is subjective and that artists shouldn't be criticized, but the day will come at which that said community left and is found playing some other game made by some thunders and blizzards.
    Ye sure... se humans (from that artist) which you said are badly drawn are like the 1st and your picks are like the 2nd....
    I was talking about things of a similar lvl . not drawn in 5 mins and in 5 days....
    Anyways dunno why i even bother.... OK man whatever you say.....

ps its 2016 :P
    Last edited by Anonymos; 01-11-2016 at 01:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Aww, you shoulda quoted the next verse of the song
    Song? What Song?
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just like to say I think some of Shawn's artwork is perfect for the theme or genre he's attempting. Drow37 also looks great and I hope Wulven employ his abilities. I think unlike some card games it's the variety of artists and the tribes they draw that make this game great to play. Even the bad cards are good. Makes you want to remove them from the game or if they're yours delight in taunting your opponent with their ugliness. I'd like to see Boris with a makeover though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm eager for see the new look for Raikka!! I just love her art.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes i am also looking forward to the new hero arts. especially tala because the one we have now is terrible and the worst of all heroes. i would also like to see better ones for threbin bloodfang and garth. the current praxix is already awesome so i am curious to see if the new one can improve something. i just hope we dont have to wait until ll part 2 because that is six months away.