Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Opinion on new cards

Hey guys,

Does anyone else seem to think that the new cards released are to strong and making previous released cards pointless?

I am starting to believe so.
    There are never original decks anymore, just people using the same like 3 decks, mainly twilight.

Anyone else think so?

Oo and if your using such a deck, does make u happy winning with a deck that everyone else uses?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh boy, here we go again with another nerf everything thread. Seriously, though, give it time. It's not like these are the final versions of these new cards, there will be changes.

I will agree on Twilights though, they are a bit stupidly strong. Which is why I don't use them, lol. Been using Homunculus, Wulvens and Templars so far, but no Twilights, lol.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nope. New cards are strong but they are not making previous sets pointless. Ive faced great variety of decks and heroes so far. And Ive been running mostly decks with no locations. Some with just a few LL cards.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I find that the summon three twilight allies from graveyard is op, that the plus two hp stacks, and that artifact that resurects twilight ally killed needs a higher cost.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, personally I don't think the new cards are too strong and that the previous cards are pointless - though Garina was a problem. Some power creep has occurred (as usual with a new set), but there are old cards that function just as well and there will be a few new cards that will probably not be put into a lot of decks until more support is available such as Stalactitan - however old cards can receive support too. The Aldmor tribe has yet to impress me outside of Moonstalker, and maybe Garth.

A quick look through your own history shows that roughly you've played against about 15 unique heroes in that last 15 games, before you played your second Elementalis game. Which is pretty good. Recently, You've actually appear to come across more Templar decks than you have twilight decks. But I'll assume that you've been watching other games as well. :P Fear not, the meta will settle eventually.

Twilight cards are strong, however if they prove too much of a problem, they'll most likely be nerfed. Part 1 of Lost Legends gave a lot of support to tribes, so its to be expected that a lot of people will test them out, especially since the set is 8 days old. Gondorian is watching what's going one fairly closely.

Also, there are all kinds of players, of course people want to win with a deck that "everyone else uses" Some people simply enjoy winning. They're not worried about creating or playing a unique deck. Meanwhile other players enjoy creating unique and interesting decks and winning or just even playing those decks give them joy (especially if they're trying for a specific combo). Players will net-deck or use similar decks as other. The main point of the game is to win and many players will play whatever they want to do so. xD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its too early since LL come and everyone is testing what ever they think. Its gonna take a while but in the end, everything will end in harmony.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well people are playing aramia(nerfed right?) amber and zaladar above 280 rating without any LL cards in them.

Sabreen and that location that exiles the 3 cost allies makes pretty much any old human deck completely viable at high rankings.

Personally I've seen a huge variety of decks that seem really good, and have come up with some really nice decks that don't use tribes/locations at all.

We won't really know til the meta starts to settle down though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quellia is rank 6 and he plays Ythan deck made mostly of CotC cards for example. Several other top rated players are killing it with no LL cards. Imen mimi with Garth and INGRID with discard Zaladar.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes many of the new cards are too strong. im hoping they will be nerfed. garina is already in that face. also zaladar has always been strong with his hero target ability and mind control he can take care of both small allies and fatties and solo heroes. also he has the popular op card soul reaper. maybe in the future we can have a card that mkes you immune to lightning damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    I find that the summon three twilight allies from graveyard is op, that the plus two hp stacks, and that artifact that resurects twilight ally killed needs a higher cost.
    1) he dont summon, this is important, just return to play.
    2) The card is exiled when die, this is important in twilight
    3) Cost 5cc... dam! have the same cost that Braxnorian Soldier, Sandworm or Raven and is only 3/3... die pretty easy 77
    4) all allies returned are only 1/1... you can kill them blowing air
    5) i cant understand why u are asking for what we think about "unfair" everything... i am sure you had the answer in the other posts about Garina/Locations/Aldmors... and all the time just you and mindy want bann or nerf all xD

Acept it... we love the new cards and we are trying learn to use/counter them instead of ask for change/bann them...

Nerfs will come if they are necessary with statistics form reference, not from subjective and persistent opinions, we can suggest, but not control the design cuz the design team probably have other plans what we have no idea
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-09-2016 at 12:17 AM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.