Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    ♫ This land is your land, this land is my land, from California to the... ♫
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    (if I remember correctly from elementary school)

♫... New York islands. This land was made for you and me!♫
    ♫From the red wood forest to the Gulf Stream waters ♫
    ♫ This land was made for you and Me.♫

Anyway... Locations don't should have cost cuz they aren't "spells" or "summoned".
    They aren't "things", locations are enviorments, LOCATIONS literaly that change the game, for both sides... so is ok with the restriction in turn.
    All locations give to both players something new to do, and that is new and cool.
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-08-2016 at 05:27 AM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is no inherent reason locations need to cost 0. Given they do their effect needs to be monitored closely as strong effects for 0 cost that potentially last all game is overpowered.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    There is no inherent reason locations need to cost 0. Given they do their effect needs to be monitored closely as strong effects for 0 cost that potentially last all game is overpowered.
    The inherent reason is that it's part of what defines the card type - they cost 0 resources (and they have a turn number, you can only play one per turn, there can only be one active at a time and you give abilities to opponent). If a Location doesn't tick all those boxes, then it shouldn't be a Location.

So I totally agree that they should be monitored, but as individual cards. If any Location is causing us to think we need to change the Location rules, then that particular Location is at fault and needs tackling.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Gondorian, the mechanic is fair since it works both sides and has it's own pros and cons, however, certain locations individually might prove that aren't quite there in the balance department so they should be monitored individually.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    but in some locations the abilities that are given to the enemy is really useless. like lightning quarry. your enemy mostly use allies immune to lightning damage so you would only pay 3 se to take the location and then they can take it back without worry because theyre allies are immune anyway. but sometimes its the other way around that the ability they get is better than your which is why those locations dont get played. like mount kazarr or maybe also thaddeus vault. i think many of the locations need some changes and the so does the whole location mechanic. i still think a sustain cost is needed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    but in some locations the abilities that are given to the enemy is really useless. like lightning quarry. your enemy mostly use allies immune to lightning damage so you would only pay 3 se to take the location and then they can take it back without worry because theyre allies are immune anyway. but sometimes its the other way around that the ability they get is better than your which is why those locations dont get played. like mount kazarr or maybe also thaddeus vault. i think many of the locations need some changes and the so does the whole location mechanic. i still think a sustain cost is needed.
    Thaddeus's vault is played....and the negative effect is waaaaay worth the controlers. If they want to spend 3 se to exile a card from the grave, i aint gonna complain. I'll take that as the opposing ability over anything else easily, Super worth it.

I'm pretty sure I've already overstated how bad asyn is....I'll probably stop beating that dead horse. There are healthier horses to beat right now
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no i have never seen anyone use thaddeus vault and i have played with players between 220 and 330 rank. but than again i dont see many undead and also possible the game ended before they had a chance to use it. also the enemy ability lets you draw a card so not just exile ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    tbh, i see the opposing effect as unneeded. i think locations should have just one global effect for everyone.

actually, i was expecting locations to be more kind of a random thing that appears every game (there can also be an option to have a preselected location) . i wasn't expecting it to be a card that needs to be put in a deck. i was expecting it to work like random maps. and i was expecting locations to give boosts to specific heroes.

would've given roleplaying a totally new dimension. and tournaments a really great dynamic.

for example forests would give boosts to hunters (give hunter allies stealth on the turn it is summoned), swamps to shadow heroes (opposing allies with haste lose haste), plains to elementals (+2 elemental damage), mountains to warriors (+1 attack to warrior allies), and cities to rogues (allies have stealth every other turn).
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri