Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lands Suggestion

I would like to make a suggestion for lands that i think would balance them greatly, when you summon a location you cant use it that turn, you need to wait til the fallowing turn to use it (just like an ally). Now i suggest this because right now the biggest problem with lands is you have no chance to stomp them before they get rolling ie. land T4 drop land, 3 resources and fatty on board, now if they had to stick around a turn before using them then the opponent would have a chance to sinkhole it, or play their own land before. Also as it stands now there is no reason at all to play lands before you need to use them as they are free to cast and instant, this would encourage players to put lands out earlier.
    TJ Burn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i like this idea. lands now as it is have too much impact on the board and is free to cast and many of them have draw mechanisms which makes up for playing them. also maybe they can have for example sustain se or hp or resource.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    why? everything but allies are like this, you can use them the turn you cast them and its not a problem
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You look at it wrong. Lands should be sth that affects the gameplay instantly. opponent plays a land, he gets an advantange, you play a lang you get an advantage. Its not sth that needs to be countered or you lose, its sth that help the player using it, and the opponent in a way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0
    why? everything but allies are like this, you can use them the turn you cast them and its not a problem
    This. I guess now that Fireball should deal 4 damage to my opponent on my next turn, or that Enrage should give me +10 hp come my next turn, or that Retreat! should let me return an ally to its owner's hand on my next turn. And as Anonymous says, my opponent can always play his location on top of mine to give him his own form of advantage instantaneously. But also think about the real life act of going to some location. If I go to the store I don't have to wait a day to start doing any shopping, or if I go to a movie theater I don't have to wait a day to start seeing the movie (unless you're camping out for a midnight premiere or something, lol), I go to a place and I start doing the thing I'm there to do right away. That's how it is with SE Locations, playing the card signifies all heroes and allies going to this place and whatever things go on in that place happen right away, because that's what the place is.

People really just need to calm down with Locations I think. Outside of Garina Road, which is clearly too strong, we can't just keep calling for nerfs or changes to the way they work. Give it time, they are completely new card type, of course they are going to shake up the game a bit. Just give it time for the DT to see just where they want that balance, to figure out what the best controller and non-controller ability combinations are, what best turn numbers are for each Location. It's just something new to get used to, so instead of whining about it, try and figure it out for yourself. Figure out your own powerful strategies or counters to others' strategies. And stop trying to get everything nerfed, because if the DT wanted the game and the meta to be exactly the same as before, they wouldn't even bother making new cards at all.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes but a difference is that those cards cost resources to play and locations dont cost anything so you can make up all these crazy combos in one turn. and many of them have op effects that have huge impact in one turn. but im curious what gondorian said about the cost of locations. maybe they will reveal some change in the future.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can't see how it would improve the game. Many locations are unplayable, while the OP one was banned.
    The other ones do not come for free, since you need to spend a slot into your deck and use a card during your game in order to have one in play.
    Grave Resistance is another 0cc card and you can play it from T1, but not every Undead deck uses 4x of it. So having a zero-resource cost does not make a card OP by itself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    dafuq? lands make this game more interesting and totally change deck building strategies. now you want to just kill them? really?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    grave resistance has sustain hp. it was used a lot more before when it did not have sustain hp. so that is the cost of it i think. which the same could be for locations. give them some kind of sustain.

edit: did sustain hp kill grave resistance? dont overexaggerate. locations can be balanced a lot more than they are now without killing them. people always say nerfs kills cards. that is not always the case.
    Last edited by mindy; 01-07-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    grave resistance has sustain hp. it was used a lot more before when it did not have sustain hp. so that is the cost of it i think. which the same could be for locations. give them some kind of sustain.

edit: did sustain hp kill grave resistance? dont overexaggerate. locations can be balanced a lot more than they are now without killing them. people always say nerfs kills cards. that is not always the case.
    after all the comments you wrote about nerfing all I see is: blah blah blah nerf nerf nerf blah blah blah

I know it is useless to ask, but can you at least ONCE describe what is op, what are the situations, why can't it be dealt with, etc. You know, serious discussion, facts and not feelings.